Other Teams
Man United, Victory
Match Details

First ball: 2:30pm
Date: 26/03/15
Venue: SCG
TV coverage: Nine/WIN, Fox Sports 3
Odds: Australia $1.42 - India $2.92

Weather: Forecast to be mostly sunny at a maximum of 27°C. Light winds becoming west to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/hour in the evening.

Predicted Lineups

Australia: David Warner, Aaron Finch, Steve Smith, Michael Clarke*, Shane Watson, Glenn Maxwell, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Mitchell Johnson, Mitchell Starc, Josh, Hazlewood.

India: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Suresh Raina, MS Dhoni*, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Shami, Mohit Sharma, Umesh Yadav.

ESPNcricinfo preview here.

Pre-match Press Conferences

Last edited:

This will be closer than the odds ($1.40 vs $3.00) suggest.

Pitch is expected to be the same spinning one from the RSA v SRL game last week... which will suit India's 2 spinners vs Australia's 0.5 spinners.

M Starc will need full support from the other pacemen on what should be a good batting track. Likewise M Shami and the Indian pacemen.

Expected 70% Indian fans in an Australian "home game" will make for an amazing spectacle.

Sledging... apparently there will be plenty of heat in this one... likely culprits are Johnson & Warner & Watson vs Kohli & Dhawan & Jadeja

Posted this in the finals thread, but as a Kiwi fan (who supports Australia when they aren't playing NZ) , I'm torn about this Thursday! I fancy NZ's chances of winning a final against India much more than against Aus (but having said that, we would rightly still be underdogs against both of those teams), but a Trans-Tasman final would be so romantic . I think I'll be going for Australia, just!

I am sure the winner of this semi will be stronger favourites than $1.40 for the final against NZ (Aus $1.20, India $1.30)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how confident I am. If we are playing a 5 game series against india here in aus, I expect us to win 4-1, and I think we would do that easily.

But it only takes that one game India win as its a knockout comp. Hopefully we bat first and put 300+ on. I'd be very confident from there.

How passionate are you guys? Will you guys cry if you lose the semis?

Toss will be critical as will the opening partnerships. Australia need to win the toss to win, history says we're not that great at chasing down large totals, different story though for India.

India just look like they have more players in the sort of form you need to be able to post a 320+ score (which is what I think will be needed to win) than Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back