FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

Remove this Banner Ad

Challenges are one third of the game, it’s something you can sell to the jury at the end. David was a triple threat player and far ahead of the other two goats. Being s**t at challenges meant that as much as she claimed she ran the game she was left being dictated to by Dave and begging to be taken to the final two. Yeah not making big moves not ever sticking your head above the parapet can take you deep in the game but if you want to win you have to give more.
On reflection it's something I love about the exile twist in this series. The weaker challenge members got targeted for once post merge. ie Mo got sent to exile by Vakuma 3 as they thought they'd have a better chance of beating her. To her credit she showed she was not the worst.

No, but why would you make a "big move" whilst in control of the game? The idea is to get control and then keep control. Yes, I think she should have voted with Brooke to get rid of Sharn but I don't think she was a crap player because of a lack of big moves.
I never said crap now, you see Dave pulled off two of the biggest blindsides while on top in the game. You can still make moves in a majority.

Also the perfect move for her game would of been to vote Sharn out. Like my take away from Mo is she is a good person with good values and that helped her build strong bonds to get through to the end I don’t think that makes her a great player but

How much control did she actually have though? Even if you accept the debatable assertion that she was making the decisions (Dave and Sharn would also argue they had input or were in control of at least some) then Mo's control was limited by not being able to remove Brooke, Dave and Shonee at various points because of immunity wins and hidden idols.
Her alliance ran the show and she was at the top of her alliance. I don't particularly like her but she got rid of the opposing alliance pretty clinically.

On reflection it's something I love about the exile twist in this series. The weaker challenge members got targeted for once post merge. ie Mo got sent to exile by Vakuma 3 as they thought they'd have a better chance of beating her. To her credit she showed she was not the worst.
It’s funny that the two strong challenge players only one of them could make it through. She isn’t the worst but out of anyone who made merge she is only ahead of A.K. and on par with Harry and Tarzan.

Her alliance ran the show and she was at the top of her alliance. I don't particularly like her but she got rid of the opposing alliance pretty clinically.
Dave was the one that set that in motion that’s why he pushed for Nick so hard before merge so he was the only ally to Vakama. She was on an equal footing in her alliance with Sharn and Dave she didn’t run it

I’ve been trying to think of more dominant individual seasons than Dave’s in All Stars but all I can come up with is Boston Rob in Redemption Island.

Any others?
Kim and Tom are in the discussion imo, but Boston Rob has to be the one with the most dominant win

Would JT in Tocantins count?
Helped by the fact Timbira had a shitload of infighting so the Jalapao 3 could cruise through but his name almost never came up until Stephen and Erinn agreed that if either of them won final immunity, they'd have to vote JT.
I remember it differently.

Maybe I'm just wrong, but I think of that season as JT largely being Stephen's puppet but JT won because of how likeable he was and because of a better FTC

Maybe I'm just wrong, but I think of that season as JT largely being Stephen's puppet but JT won because of how likeable he was and because of a better FTC
Nah I don't think so. I think the three Jalapaos basically ran the game from the merge.
Don't think any were particularly more influential than the others in that sense, certainly not to the point of being a puppet.

Nah I don't think so. I think the three Jalapaos basically ran the game from the merge.
Don't think any were particularly more influential than the others in that sense, certainly not to the point of being a puppet.
Fair enough. I've never re-watched the season and I don't think I was too involved in discussing Survivor online at the time, so I'm only going off what I remember my feelings being when I was watching it.

But wouldn't that also be an argument against JT being one of the most dominant winners if he wasn't any more influential than any of his other alliance members?

Fair enough. I've never re-watched the season and I don't think I was too involved in discussing Survivor online at the time, so I'm only going off what I remember my feelings being when I was watching it.

But wouldn't that also be an argument against JT being one of the most dominant winners if he wasn't any more influential than any of his other alliance members?
But I think Dave is in the same boat. He had his tight alliance that were all even when it came to decisions, just Dave was the bigger challenge threat and I guess with idols.

I think the most dominant win is still Rob in Redemption Island comfortably.

JT and Stephen were a proper partnership I reckon. Stephen was the better strategist but JTs social game was a huge factor. Everybody loved him

I’ve been trying to think of more dominant individual seasons than Dave’s in All Stars but all I can come up with is Boston Rob in Redemption Island.

Any others?
Kim absolutely dominated her season, arguably more then Rob considering she wasn’t a veteran playing against all noobs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kim absolutely dominated her season, arguably more then Rob considering she wasn’t a veteran playing against all noobs
Kim also had control of everybody except Troyzan. Rob had control of a 6 person alliance that just had the numbers at the merge.

Kim also had control of everybody except Troyzan. Rob had control of a 6 person alliance that just had the numbers at the merge.
Russell Hantz has created a YouTube channel dedicated to survivor and he rated her game that season the most dominant ever.
Given how much he loves himself that says a lot.

Russell might also be trying to downplay Rob's dominance in a season that was billed as Rob vs Russell and Russell was 2nd out.
Yeah 100% this. Russell cares about Russell and thats all. He wouldn't put Rob, Nat White or Sandra in his top 35 winners.

How do I find it on tenplay? It didn’t come up when I searched
In case you haven't already found it/got access.

The selected seasons are a bit Boston Rob & Sandra heavy but that's not a surprise. All pretty good seasons, the only one of all seasons that I think I categorically wouldn't rewatch is s39.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back