FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the three seasons where would you rank it?
It's probably 2nd or 3rd.

imo:
2016: Best Pre-Merge, Worst Post-Merge (But great F7)
2017: Best Overall
2018: Worst Pre-Merge, Best Post-Merge

I'd probably go: 2017 >>>> 2016 > 2018

I'm not sure what was happening on TV at the exact moment you posted this but would say - lay off Robbie, he may have needed Benji to tell him who else voted with them when Lydia got the boot but his jury vote shows he has more idea what Survivor is about than at least Mat, Brian and Shonee.
He voted for Sharn because she won more immunity challenges. "That's what Survivor is all about!"

Is Jonathon single?

...asking for a friend.
haha no, he's married with a couple of kids.

He's even better looking in real life, and is an absolute great dude though.

Did Steve say anything directly to Brian during the FTC or the re-union? I ask as Steve had so much to say about Brian when he was on the jury/villa
There was a little conversation between the two which from memory started where Brian called out Steve for his comments, but Steve kind of covered it up by saying that he actually likes Brian etc. It wasn't really anything, which is probably why they didn't show it.

Always lurkin'

If I can answer any questions about the finale/season I'm happy too

More of a general question, seeing Shane's husband there last night in sunglasses reminded me that the survivors don't seem to ever wear sunglasses- I assume there is a rule against wearing them? I'm pretty soft these days, and can barely go outside during daylight hours without sunglasses. I can't imagine being out in the elements on a beach like that in the sun without sunglasses for 2 months straight.

If they roll out All-Stars in a few years I'd be keen to see Lydia (challenge beast), King Grub, Sharn, Benji & Shonella come back. I'd take also be ok with Mat to see if he learned anything from his overconfidence but not really fussed.

Season 2: Luke (hiding place), Henry (Yoga Instructor), AJ (paranoia), Jericho (lolly jar).

Season 1: My memory is a bit hazy...I'd have to watch some highlights to remember

Season 1: Kristie, Lee, Brooke or Flick, Matt, Jenah-Louise, Nick, Phoebe

Season 2: Tarzan, AK, Jarrad, Henry, Ziggy, Michelle, Luke, Sarah, Jericho, Locky

Season 3: Moana, Jenna, Heath, Lydia, Samuel, Benji, Fenella, Brian, Sharn

Note: I know that these aren't actually the first three seasons of Australian Survivor.

More of a general question, seeing Shane's husband there last night in sunglasses reminded me that the survivors don't seem to ever wear sunglasses- I assume there is a rule against wearing them? I'm pretty soft these days, and can barely go outside during daylight hours without sunglasses. I can't imagine being out in the elements on a beach like that in the sun without sunglasses for 2 months straight.
My guess is that sunglasses are both:

Considered bad for TV.
Considered an item of clothing (you have 5 items) so people wouldn't want to take them and use up an item.

I can't recall anything in our contract about sunnies, but my guess is that probably covers it.

Despite the complaints, I'd say 2018 had the strongest final 2 as well.
Totally. I honestly also think the best winner across all three seasons too, and I would have said the same if the 2nd Place Getter won too.

Season 2: Tarzan, AK, Jarrad, Henry, Ziggy, Michelle, Luke, Sarah, Jericho, Locky

Note: I know that these aren't actually the first three seasons of Australian Survivor.
Couple of thoughts:

S1: I don't think JL would be asked back and would put Brooke in that place - S1 is a likely list of people/considerations though.
S2: Love Jarrad, but he was barely shown so not sure here. Again, pretty spot on; think Tessa is a chance.
S3: Mat R will be asked back - will almost guarantee that. Not sure about Moana/Jenna/Heath though - also fairly certain Zach will be asked back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of thoughts:

S1: I don't think JL would be asked back and would put Brooke in that place - S1 is a likely list of people/considerations though.
S2: Love Jarrad, but he was barely shown so not sure here. Again, pretty spot on; think Tessa is a chance.
S3: Mat R will be asked back - will almost guarantee that. Not sure about Moana/Jenna/Heath though - also fairly certain Zach will be asked back.

Yikes

He voted for Sharn because she won more immunity challenges. "That's what Survivor is all about!"
He focused on the physicality (no direct reference to immunity challenges was broadcast) and that was obviously most important aspect to Robbie. Is he saying that's all there is to survivor? If yes, then he's obviously wrong, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe we only see part of their reasoning (you'd have a better idea how long contestants might talk for when voting) or maybe he couldn't split other aspects of their game. For me I thought Sharn was marginally ahead (but debatable) in other aspects of the game (social, outwit, outlast) and a clear winner physically between the two.

YOU NOT PLAYING YOUR IDOL AFTER SHARN WENT TO PLAY IT FOR YOU BUT CHANGED HER MIND COST YOU THE GAME. OBVIOUSLY SHE THOUGHT YOU WERE AT RISK OTHERWISE SHE WOULDN'T HAVE STARTED BY DOING THAT FOR YOU. WASN'T THAT A RED FLAG FOR YOU? ARRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH
Getting rid of Lydia too early I think was also a big mistake by Mat.

I'd struggle without sunglasses too, living in WA where the sunlight is so bright they're a necessity, if I break a pair I need to buy a new pair straight away.

I can understand why they wouldn't be allowed to wear them on Survivor though as you need to see people's facial expressions including their eyes.

Don't know how you could put Moana in that group when she basically quit the show, Jenna wasn't there long enough either although that wasn't her fault.

Mat would surely be one of the contestants they'd look to get back for an all star season, played a strong game apart from the mistake of not playing his idol.

What exactly constitutes an "item" of clothing? Because I'm sure we've seen them wear more than 5 different things, especially if things like shoes/socks/underwear counts
sometimes when we see someone wearing more than 5 items its because they've worn something of someone else's after they've left but it is a good question.

sometimes when we see someone wearing more than 5 items its because they've worn something of someone else's after they've left but it is a good question.
So that's where Sharn got the dress that she wore at Final TC - from Brian!

Couple of thoughts:

Yeah, probably should have mentioned I reckon the likes of Sam from your season, Mat, that army guy and ultra marathon runner who hooked up in the middle season, we'd probably see them back if they were keen to do it again (whether they'd be our personal choices or not).

Brooke and Flick both deserve a go, maybe both Lee and El, Shonee and Fenella, but thought it might be interesting to split those pairs up where possible (suppose that can be done with the initial tribe selections).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back