FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did enjoy Dave's "wtf" face when Andy went rogue

Especially as everyone turned to look at Dave after Andy's parting shot that turned out to be a guess anyway

Busted!
I thought that Dave played pretty well after the initial split second of shock. He can control his emotions pretty quickly I reckon.

Dave's lied and betrayed everyone multiple times, and then kicked Andy while he was down at tribal. I don't blame Andy for getting revenge. What goes around comes around.
He hasn't lied to and betrayed everyone. He's playing an aggressive and entertaining game. His understanding of the game and his read of the situation from a tactical viewpoint is superior to everyone else out there. His social game is of course his weakness though.

I don't think he kicked Andy when he was down. Dave could have easily have had 6 votes come his way and had to play his idol.

Andy's little pot shot at the end is just sour grapes and as someone else posted, just his attempt to have some say in the game he right royally screwed up.

Agreed. Dave is manipulating everyone like a pro, no issue whatsoever with Andy throwing that bomb in at the end. He had no more proof of Dave having an idol than Dave had running around telling everyone Daisy found an idol after her reward, so it's completely fair game.
I don't accept this argument at all. Dave didn't have absolute proof, but he used reason and deduction to conclude that she likely did have an idol. He's totally switched on and it was completely reasonable to make the assumption.

Andy was just offended and made a pissweak comment in an attempt to influence the game that he's just been booted out of.

I don't accept this argument at all. Dave didn't have absolute proof, but he used reason and deduction to conclude that she likely did have an idol. He's totally switched on and it was completely reasonable to make the assumption.

Andy was just offended and made a pissweak comment in an attempt to influence the game that he's just been booted out of.

Exactly right. Dave took an educated guess, whereas Andy made a desperate parting shot.

Luke's doing to Dave what Jericho did to Luke. Using him as a shield to deflect from him, all the while playing a smart social and tactical game.

Feel for Shaun, who seems like the only Contender with any clue what's actually happening. The Contenders are a joke, epitomised by Daisy's nonsensical Sam boot a few weeks ago. It's resulted in 6 consecutive Contender boots and a clear path for the Champions to pagong the rest. This is what happens when you cast a bunch of people who've never seen the show -- the sad part is that the post-merge would likely be far more unpredictable with a Contender majority, unlike the tedious 'Champion Strong' crap we've seen for two seasons now. It's likely going to be a boring pagonging for 3-4 episodes now until Luke/Dave and Janine/Abbey/Pia turn against each another.

Think you’re underestimating Baden, Harry and John who have made no enemies and are flying under the radar. Baden in particular seems to have a good grasp of what’s going on, none of the 3 are major challenge threats either but can hold their own.

I think we will see Janine/Pia vs David/Luke sooner rather than later. They both understand the need to make big moves and take out big threats early on. Champion strong makes sense until the final 6, but past that makes it incredibly tough.

Still laughing at Andy being so proud of the tribe name... Like it was going to have some huge influence on the game

That itself showed how completely clueless he was

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andy was out of the game. At that point you just shut up. Andy is a sore loser.

Totally agree, played a rubbish game and was never in it. Then tries to leave a "legacy" with a worm move from a crap player.

If this upsets things between Dave and Luke (Because Luke is the only one who knew about Dave's idol) I will be seriously annoyed that a guy who had no impact on the game while he was in it makes a big impact when he is out of it.

Andy was a huge flop.

Yeah that's a fair point - for some reason it never occurred to me that Janine would effectively give up the chance to swap the idols herself, I thought that David had tried to prove his loyalty to Janine by arranging the idol swap for her, while actually stuffing over both Janine and Shaun.
Janine not doing the swap herself seemed strange to me but it worked out pretty well for her, she got to use the contenders idol for herself (not that it was needed), didn't give that power to one of the contenders for when they may have needed it and has seemingly forged a working alliance with Shaun by sharing that Dave screwed him over.

Would be funny if they dumped Boost juice in Janine’s bucket
I'm surprised she hasn't purchased promotional space for Boost on all the challenge buckets and rewards eg who needs to go to a Fijian pub when you can go to a Fijian boost juice! Maybe by selling promo space ch10 could afford the same prize money as US (ignoring exchange rate diff)

Agreed. Dave is manipulating everyone like a pro, no issue whatsoever with Andy throwing that bomb in at the end. He had no more proof of Dave having an idol than Dave had running around telling everyone Daisy found an idol after her reward, so it's completely fair game.

He and Luke chose to play that Tribal aggressively against Andy despite (clearly) having an insane majority against him. Seems like it was totally unnecessary to provoke him but they decided to go hard. In Survivor, every action tends to have a reaction; Andy likely walks out without saying anything if they weren't so aggressive. So it's hard to have sympathy for Dave if it unravels his game; he's chosen to play an aggressive strategic game and needs to accept the consequences (just as Andy ultimately paid for all his lies).

Feel for Shaun, who seems like the only Contender with any clue what's actually happening. The Contenders are a joke, epitomised by Daisy's nonsensical Sam boot a few weeks ago. It's resulted in 6 consecutive Contender boots and a clear path for the Champions to pagong the rest. This is what happens when you cast a bunch of people who've never seen the show -- the sad part is that the post-merge would likely be far more unpredictable with a Contender majority, unlike the tedious 'Champion Strong' crap we've seen for two seasons now. It's likely going to be a boring pagonging for 3-4 episodes now until Luke/Dave and Janine/Abbey/Pia turn against each another.
I'm expecting Janine to go after Dave much sooner than that to ensure the element of surprise. Sunday a bit early as they'd be back to 5-5 but Monday would be good time to pull the trigger (she will want to do it whilst Shaun still around if she can as she knows she can get him to vote Dave and not spill the beans)

I agree with others that you've been a bit harsh on Harry and Baden (your Shaun the only Contender with any clue comment)

I'm expecting Janine to go after Dave much sooner than that to ensure the element of surprise. Sunday a bit early as they'd be back to 5-5 but Monday would be good time to pull the trigger (she will want to do it whilst Shaun still around if she can as she knows she can get him to vote Dave and not spill the beans)

I agree with others that you've been a bit harsh on Harry and Baden (your Shaun the only Contender with any clue comment)
Yep, she lets him dictate that it's Shaun/Daisy next vote, then flip with Harry, Baden, Shaun/Daisy, Pia and the last contender (mind blank) to go after Dave. Wonder how Luke will scramble after that actually. He's still my pick for the winner, I hope Harry and him are the last two.

I don't think we can use Andy's self-anointed Ultrafan status as a reason why he shouldn't have "revealed" info post-elimination. He might've been a fan of when Russell Hantz or Drama Teacher Evan did it. And btw it's still less influential than willing a legacy advantage to an ally after being voted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back