Autopsy Autopsy vs Western Bulldogs - Good Friday Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

If we didn't give them a 50 point head start, we might have had more than 20 minutes of entertainment in this one.

Comben and Curtis aren't solving anything - they should be duly rewarded for their efforts at VFL level but a debutant and a 2nd gamer aren't going to change our fortunes. I also don't see who goes out for Comben - I think we'll get a fair number pissed if he's not named but I'm not sure you can play Xerri, Goldy + Comben. Goldstein wasn't effective enough but I'm not sure we'll have the balls to drop him.

This is a young and inexperienced team in the midst of a rebuild who do not have the bodies and fitness required for the level. Mixed in there are some players who just flat out aren't good enough and a coach who's only been at the helm a bit over the year and is still trying to have the players learn structures and a game plan.

DSEG_Talent_0012_Alastair_Clarkson.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My concern is retaining JHF.
Not sure if he was absolutely spent but there were a couple of times in the last half were he was shaking his head and just jogging to contests.

He probably thinking to himself I cant bring all the pressure myself you ******* muppets..

Get comben and curtis in. Zero pressure when it hits the deck. Larkey can't contest or split a pack - prefers to get out the back or on the lead.

All comes down to fitness for me. Not fit enough so we get lazy and bomb it long. Opposition coaches know this so always drop a player behind the ball. Smashed on the spread which is a concern when out defence isn't up to scratch atm. We could get away with it when we had thompson, tarrant, and firrito. Can't do it now.

Lazy and no game plan.

When there’s actual effort, they look better.
That it took an entire quarter (and urging from the coach) to realise they were at an AFL game and BRING that effort is not acceptable. And it’s nothing new.

Lack of skills aside (also unacceptable at this stage), bringing little to no effort and intent is almost unforgivable.

Is this what the club stands for?
Is this what was fought for in Dallas Brooks 07?
Beg for a marquee spot and serve up this?

Can cover poor skills to an extent with endeavour (see the Laidley years).
Poor skills plus laziness- don’t waste our time.

Not good enough.

Comben and Curtis aren't solving anything - they should be duly rewarded for their efforts at VFL level but a debutant and a 2nd gamer aren't going to change our fortunes. I also don't see who goes out for Comben - I think we'll get a fair number pissed if he's not named but I'm not sure you can play Xerri, Goldy + Comben. Goldstein wasn't effective enough but I'm not sure we'll have the balls to drop him.
Our favourite general then, soreness, he can have a spell?

Never in my life have I gone into North games with absolutely no hope of a win. Until now. A proud club is in disarray.
My 12yo said that was like a win as we didn't lose by 100.
I hope we savoured that close loss to Sydney.
Here comes another spoon and we don't have a second round pick.
This is a bottomless hole we're in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back