Ballantyne wants out - Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

dead certain we will get an elite player with pick 48?

Based on those names listed, it would seem so. Compared to our form/luck with 1st round picks, might be something in it.

Why don't we make it a certainty and trade our coveted pick 3 for picks 40 through to 50. It will take a multi-club trade, but that would be our rebuild taken care of right there.

Stringer played VFL this year as well. Is he only worth pick 50? ;)

Nothing like selective reading. So did Tom Boyd, Jaegar O'Meara and others. Difference is that Mick's best football is behind him. He's got little to nil currency.

Last edited:
Nothing like selective reading. So did Tom Boyd, Jaegar O'Meara and others. Difference is that Mick's best football is behind him. He's got little to nil currency.
No. You were trying to use Mick having played WAFL this season as a reason why his value had diminished. I was just pointing out that maybe it was the same reason Stringer was dropped to VFL. ie to re-find form. Which in both cases it was, as the coaches and players said so. Micky came back and smashed it. His game against Port Adelaide was phenomenal (BOG, 3 Brownlow votes etc). But apparently his best football is behind him and he has nil value :rolleyes: We should go around and grab anyone over 28 that only managed 3 Brownlow votes or lower as apparently they'll be free.

No. You were trying to use Mick having played WAFL this season as a reason why his value had diminished. I was just pointing out that maybe it was the same reason Stringer was dropped to VFL. ie to re-find form. Which in both cases it was, as the coaches and players said so. Micky came back and smashed it. His game against Port Adelaide was phenomenal (BOG, 3 Brownlow votes etc). But apparently his best football is behind him and he has nil value :rolleyes: We should go around and grab anyone over 28 that only managed 3 Brownlow votes or lower as apparently they'll be free.

Micky spudding it up for most of the season is what's diminished his value.
Not sure where I advocated picking up 28 year olds? I have to go back and re read my posts when you quote them.

Will be happy to be proven wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Micky spudding it up for most of the season is what's diminished his value.
Not sure where I advocated picking up 28 year olds? I have to go back and re read my posts when you quote them.

Will be happy to be proven wrong.
Gtfo. He didn't spud it up when he was played in his correct position.

Yarran has only played a handful of games and he's already gone past him.

Yeah i agree. Even if we bring in mccarthy and a kersten, yarran will be our go to man which is scary cause being 6.0 ft isnt exactly tall. Still think 40 goals is a reasonable target for yaz.

Short memory? Balla's is not at his best now but he was a fantastic player and one of our few AA's. He deservea a little respect for the way he played and bled purple for Freo in that slab of successfull seasons.
There's nothing disrespectful in saying he hasn't performed at certain times in his career.

He will free up a bit of salary cap room - what do you reckon he's on, probably $400k?
he would be on around those wages. U think he signed a 3 year deal at the end of 2014 off the back of his best year when he got All australian and got 49 goals.
Dead certain Ballantyne is on his way down
probably is..... But I would hate to be on this board if Ballantyne kicks the winning goal vs us in the derby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back