BBL BBL Match 1, Sydney Sixers v Melbourne Stars @ the SCG Sun 5 Dec @ 1905 ACDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That innings was as bad as that rigged match from a couple of years back

Complete * stick reply and weak of Punter not to have a crack back.
Moises just lost all likings or respect from most of us.

Rough start by the Stars.Stoinis should be fit for game 2.
6ers made a real statement tonight.Powerful in all parts of the t20 game.

Just saw Moises' interview on Channel 7 regarding not giving Kerr a chance at the hat-trick, came across as a bit of a knob.

Meh it’s a team game who really cares

It’s not just us keyboard warriors saying this, Ponting and Finch pretty gobsmacked in commentary.

Not to make a mountain out of a molehill but might not be the last we hear about this. I’d be pretty pissed off on the boy’s behalf if I was involved with the Sixers organisation.

Well if it’s Finch saying it then I’d back Moises in

If you chuck in Druss and Stoinis it improves the Stars but they would still get well beaten by this Sydney unit. You can’t play both Rainbird, Elliott and Brodie Couch in the same lineup. Only one of then plays for me .

Stars could have had 3 innings with the bat tonight and still lost, that’s how bad they were .

If you chuck in Druss and Stoinis it improves the Stars but they would still get well beaten by this Sydney unit. You can’t play both Rainbird, Elliott and Brodie Couch in the same lineup. Only one of then plays for me .

Stars could have had 3 innings with the bat tonight and still lost, that’s how bad they were .

Not as if Russell has done much lately. Stoinis yes but he’s as flakey as can be

I don't know who was more disinterested, The Stars batsmen or Fatso Botham.
Keep The Stars away from the opening game in the future, we don't need a repeat of that Carlton like rubbish the AFL has been serving up for ages.

Any team, bar the sixers and maybe Perth, is going to struggle when they are missing 3-4 players as there is not enough talent to go around for 8 sides.

How the hell can someone look at that Stars squad and be happy with the quick bowling options though is staggering. NCN is always injured, so no surprise there, and Stanlake is poor anyway. Zampa and Stoinis are your big money signings, why are they doubling down with another leg spinner / all rounder and not signing a fast bowler from overseas. Just staggeringly poor management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any team, bar the sixers and maybe Perth, is going to struggle when they are missing 3-4 players as there is not enough talent to go around for 8 sides.

How the hell can someone look at that Stars squad and be happy with the quick bowling options though is staggering. NCN is always injured, so no surprise there, and Stanlake is poor anyway. Zampa and Stoinis are your big money signings, why are they doubling down with another leg spinner / all rounder and not signing a fast bowler from overseas. Just staggeringly poor management.

Doesn’t even have to be an international but even a domestic quick. You cannot be opening with Raunbird and the other pie chucker in a t20. Maxwell again underbowled himself and why on earth didn’t Beau Webster bowl. He’s more than solid

The problem with their players is they are too 'top heavy' and reliant on their World Cup winners: Maxwell, Stoinis and Zampa. I look the rest of their squad and you have question their player selection. Is Larkin that good a T20 bat? Nevill is probably is the worst wicket keeper in the Bash. Couch, Elliott and Rainbird aren't the scarest fastest trio going around. Joe Clarke is one of the least recognised English man over here, same too for Pakistani's Faridoun.

Even though the Sixers don't have any international players from my memory that have won World Cups, a guy or two can have an off night and they can still get up.

Meh it’s a team game who really cares
Yep, nothing wrong with what Moises did last night, the team comes first. Having said that I doubt he’ll do it again, especially if the Sixers have the match in the bag.

Yep, nothing wrong with what Moises did last night, the team comes first. Having said that I doubt he’ll do it again, especially if the Sixers have the match in the bag.

Possibly not honestly isn’t a big deal. No issue wanting to focus on winning the game last night

Never been a great fan of T20 cricket and after watching that game not sure I will watch any more this season.Give me test,shield and even 1 day cricket any day.

Love domestic t20, actually can’t stand ODI’s

We disagree yet again,lol. Perhaps I am showing my age,love to see a even battle between bat and ball with proper cricket shots.

Find myself only watching the first 10 and last 10 in ODI’s love test matches though. Love the IPL

We disagree yet again,lol. Perhaps I am showing my age,love to see a even battle between bat and ball with proper cricket shots.
If you want to see an even battle between bat and ball, a Sydney v Melbourne game is the last one you should be watching, Sydney dominates every time. Wait for the Sydney derby.:D

If you want to see an even battle between bat and ball, a Sydney v Melbourne game is the last one you should be watching, Sydney dominates every time. Wait for the Sydney derby.:D

Perhaps I am a little harsh in judging last nights game and T20 cricket.Most of those Stars players are just 1st grade cricketers.They rely to much on Maxwell and when Nevill has to open they are in trouble.Maxwell or a spinner should have opened the bowling but not sure that would have helped much either.

Back