BBL BBL Match 59, Playoff 2, Sydney Thunder v Brisbane Heat at Manuka Oval 1915 AEDT

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you were wicket keeping and the spinner looped up a full toss that was destined for six, could you dive in front of the batter and intercept it? Will cost you a no ball and possibly you might wear a cricket bat but every run counts. Like throwing yourself on a live grenade to save your platoon
If the wicketkeeper touches as ball infront of the stumps when not going for a run out it’s a no ball

I never understand Pontings idea that you shouldn't take risks once you've had a big over. I'd be thinking you clearly have a good match up with the bowler and therefore keep going rather than try and go again the next over.

He has made about 20,000 more runs at international level than me though so maybe he thinks about batting a bit better than I do.
Remember that T20 where the Nine team kept telling Gilchrist to smash sixes on payer mic? Then Ponting came over and told him to calm down, he smashed another one and was like "Sorry skip, the boys told me too". Comedy gold, but not sure why Ponting thought having six less runs was a good tactical move considering how easily Gilchrist was finding it.

I guess Chris Lynn is the counter argument.

Yeah, it strikes me as though he loses control when he tries to get into the next tier of rapid bowling and he'd probably be better if he sacrificed a smidgeon of pace (probably wouldn't get signed without the express pace tag though I guess).
Yeah and when he tries to mix it up too much it goes awry

Remember that T20 where the Nine team kept telling Gilchrist to smash sixes on payer mic? Then Ponting came over and told him to calm down, he smashed another one and was like "Sorry skip, the boys told me too". Comedy gold, but not sure why Ponting thought having six less runs was a good tactical move considering how easily Gilchrist was finding it.

I guess Chris Lynn is the counter argument.
I remember that... was gold

The penalty is for bowling a ball the batsman can't reach so it would be impossible for an up to adjudicate a ball the batsman hit as invalldz by that criteria.

When batsmen connect with a wide delivery, they will have invariably taken a big lurch to the side and kinda swung the bat wildly at the ball and just hope to make contact

It's not really Cricket now is it

so the thunder would have been better off if Sams did actually break his hand

I never understand Pontings idea that you shouldn't take risks once you've had a big over. I'd be thinking you clearly have a good match up with the bowler and therefore keep going rather than try and go again the next over.

He has made about 20,000 more runs at international level than me though so maybe he thinks about batting a bit better than I do.

Pontings approach typically was to try to hit a 4 or 6 off the first 1-2 deliveries of the over and then wait for bad balls to score any more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When batsmen make contact with a wide, they will have invariably taken a big lurch to the side and kinda swung the bat wildly at the ball and just hope to make contact

It's not really Cricket now is it
The batsman should recognize that and leave it, adds another level of guile which I think adds to the contest at least in T20 and rewards reading the ball on its merits rather than overly pre-meditating.

The batsman should recognize that and leave it, adds another level of guile which I think adds to the contest at least in T20 and rewards reading the ball on its merits rather than overly pre-meditating.

don't disagree but still

Back