List Mgmt. Best young key forward in the game

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a shocking week kicking for goal, but previously, his set shots were pretty solid. His snaps however are and remain diabolical.

You’re correct regarding the marking skills and their difficulty in teaching. Naughton’s natural hunger to compete, willingness to fly at the ball and at the opposition, is a very rare commodity. You can have all the skills in the world aka Schache, but without competitiveness, you’ve got nothing.
Naugton is Stewie Loewe on steroids with his marking, Dogs mids must have confidence knowing that if their kicks are not great he will find a way to mark it or make a contest.

Its good to watch as football lover seeing a forward fly for marks.

Let's get real here, all the names you guys are debating are merely place holders for Riley Thillthorpe.

Max King unsighted in clutch time. The younger Thilthorpe wins the game.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Unsighted until the umpire gifted him a goal.

I really wouldn't have Allen near Naughton's level. I rate him, but has a supporter of an opposition club ever thought "gee, I sure hope Oscar Allen doesn't tear us up today"? Unlike McKay, Naughton and the Kings, he doesn't have to play #1 KPF as he has two better KPFs playing alongside him. I think he'll be a gun in future, possibly as soon as next year assuming Kennedy retires, but right now he's not up there with Ben King or Naughton at the very least (nor McKay, but he is obviously older)
Has Naughton torn apart an opposition yet? He kicked four goals for the first time this year. So did Allen, four and five in two games this year, despite playing, as you say, third banana (and occasionally a ruck). I like Naighton and McKay, haven’t seen enough to know their ceilings, but Allen is right in the mix. He’s gonna be a gun and with his great marking ability and pretty accurate kicking, will likely get better once Kennedy retires.

Has Naughton torn apart an opposition yet? He kicked four goals for the first time this year. So did Allen, four and five in two games this year, despite playing, as you say, third banana (and occasionally a ruck). I like Naighton and McKay, haven’t seen enough to know their ceilings, but Allen is right in the mix. He’s gonna be a gun and with his great marking ability and pretty accurate kicking, will likely get better once Kennedy retires.
Not true.

Richmond 2019 - kicked 5 goals and came 1 short of Carey's contested marks record as a 19 year old.
Kicked 4 against Geelong the same year.

His 2020 was injury interrupted, but still managed to kick 6 against Adelaide.

This year he kicked 4 against Port, and followed it up with 5 against the Saints.

I think Allen will be an outright star. If I'm guessing now, I'd say he ends up with a better career than Darling, which is a fairly high bar. I'm just saying he's not really delivered at the level of McKay and Naughton have to date, despite being taken in the same draft as Naughton (and Naughton spending his first season as a defender). I'm sure he will, but right now he's not really in the conversation with those two. Definitely among the best of the chasing group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he kicked 6 against Adelaide.

Huh?

He's had 5 and 6 goal hauls prior to this year.

Lol it takes 2 minutes out of your day to just do some basic research before posting.

think this answers your question.

My mistake, read an article only recently stating Naughton had kicked four goals for the first time. Oddly specific if they meant four in a game for the first time, but five and six in other games, or maybe just meaning this year.

Wasn’t talking down Naughton at all, one of my favourite young players, just think he and Allen are similarly positioned. Naughton might have a few extra big performances than Allen but Allen has been less of a focal point and been shifted around the ground a bit. Think they will be two of the biggest stars of the future, perhaps Naughton closer to goal, Allen at CHF.

Realistic Naughton done fu** all this year considering the midfield in front of him. campaigner competed hard and takes a few nice marks and everyone cums their pants. Maybe when he kicks it through those big sticks I’ll rate him but until then he’s useless.
Considering he's kicked it through the big sticks more than Allen, you mustn't rate either of them. Bit harsh

Realistic Naughton done fu** all this year considering the midfield in front of him. campaigner competed hard and takes a few nice marks and everyone cums their pants. Maybe when he kicks it through those big sticks I’ll rate him but until then he’s useless.
Hahahaha. He’d be in the AA 40

Considering he's kicked it through the big sticks more than Allen, you mustn't rate either of them. Bit harsh
It was the hottest of hot takes, but Naughton has 78 goals from 65 games and Allen 58 from 49 despite being played in ruck and defence a bit. Both tracking extremely well. If only we could lure Naughton home, we’d be set for the decade ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back