Podcast BigFooty Cats Podcast Episode 7: National Draft preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't be a BigFooty Cats podcast without a few technical issues.

First YouTube upload is chock full of glitches. It is being replaced.

iTunes has the odd glitch but is okay on the whole.
As long as I hear police sirens in the distance I'll be a happy man.

Another great edition of the podcast has just been completed and should be up shortly.

Thanks so much to all those who contributed questions and apologies for any we couldn't answer, they were all great questions but due to time constraints we couldn't fit all in.

Remember to tune into the board for live news and updated as the draft happens next thursday night, and for discussion on our new players once they have been picked.
Yeah ok is it just me that can't see it?

If you are comfortable with a few glitches (I've listened to it and I managed to understand what the guys were saying) then you can listen to this...

Otherwise I assume there is a 'clean(er)' version on the way.

I've got to say I'm extremely disappointed so far in the response to this thread and pod cast.If you take out the Mods it has attracted input/responces from less than 10 members, half of which live either O/S or Interstate and like myself probably rely heavily on your content for all things footy especially Cats related stuff and this pod cast has the potential to be one of the best conduits of information into the AFL world as well as non AFL world some of us live in.

We poor Souls need you to get on board and support or I fear this new and exciting form of communication being delivered free by a few dedicated fans will die.Like everything else in life use it or lose it,I wouldn't expect them to continue putting their valuable time into something that is not generating interest from those it is being been produced for.Don't let it happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are comfortable with a few glitches (I've listened to it and I managed to understand what the guys were saying) then you can listen to this...

Otherwise I assume there is a 'clean(er)' version on the way.

I listened to it whatever day it landed... got an insight into the mind of a crazy person at the start... thought I was hearing voices!! I'd

But once I got through that as per normal it was thoroughly enjoyable. Pencil me in to be involved next year... The one before our first home game :)

I listened to it whatever day it landed... got an insight into the mind of a crazy person at the start... thought I was hearing voices!! I'd

But once I got through that as per normal it was thoroughly enjoyable. Pencil me in to be involved next year... The one before our first home game :)
Yeah, I didn't think it was that bad.

I think Gysenn, SJ, thejester and Pure_Ownage are simply perfectionists.

Of course, pride in one's work is a good thing I reckon.

Bit embarrassed by the comedy of errors on my end when trying to get this podcast out to be honest...

First internet problems, then software problems, and now hardware problems...

Glad SJ was able to sort out the youtube version and people can listen to it okay this time around.

That YouTube version you've quoted is far better quality than the original.

That YouTube version you've quoted is far better quality than the original.
I try to listen to them the day they are available so potentially I did hear the worst version.

It wasn't that bad and I was mostly being a smartarse and trying to make a joke!

I try to listen to them the day they are available so potentially I did hear the worst version.

It wasn't that bad and I was mostly being a smartarse and trying to make a joke!
Hahah it was pretty bad. My hard drive is corrupted, so when it was trying to create the video file it just decided to place random bits of audio over the top of the actual show all the way through...

Can we afford to take a Wright type that might take a little longer to develop but could yield massive results down the track for us or do we need pick 10 to the kind of impact player that gets games almost immediately and produces from year 1.
I had originally thought we needed impact sooner than later but if Wright slips to us, do we take him on the basis of the payoff down the track?
If by miracle Wright falls to number 10 I would say throw everything out and grab him like speedy gonzales. We have two injury prone ruckman neither who are top class, we have Blitz who is unlikely ever to be a #1 Ruck and a bunch of forward/ruckman Clarke, Stanley, Vardy & Walker. It was no great surprise that neither our two #1 ruckman saw out season 2014 and the same is likely to occur in 2015, hopefully our support guys will do better than what we had this year.

In short we need a monster ruckman, if not now then at least invest in one for three years down the track. Wright is only just 18 is huge and has a ton of skills I see no reason why he can't become a top ruckman.

As far as our young talent goes looking at mid-fielder/flankers we have a ton of good young players all knocking on the door - then again we have always had that, perhaps every club thinks that! I am hoping Caddy, GHS and Guthrie improve, Bews I think could walk straight into the team in round one, then there is Murdoch who really needs a very good season at the least, Thurlow, Lang, Hartman, McCarthy, Cowan, Jansen (who I really like) Blease and then Smedts (who I think has shown the least). I would say if no miracle happens go for the best mid-fielder/flanker and don't worry too much about readiness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back