BigFooty Dynasty Signups

Remove this Banner Ad

A replacement is needed for the BigFooty Dynasty league so I invite anyone interested to post in this thread and write a short paragraph about why you should be in this league. Rules can be found at http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bigfooty-dynasty-ultimate-footy.917894/. If there is enough interest, a new league may be created with a new set of coaches.

The playing list:
1. David Armitage
2. Kurt Aylett
3. Michael Barlow
4. Mark Blicavs
5. Luke Brown
6. Jonathan Brown
7. Mitch Brown
8. John Butcher
9. Paul Chapman
10. Matt Dea
11. David Ellard
12. Michael Evans
13. Matthew Fuller
14. Colin Garland
15. Nathan Gordon
16. Aaron Hall
17. Jack Hannath
18. Lenny Hayes
19. Ben Hudson
20. Josh Hunt
21. Matthew Jaensch
22. Michael Johnson
23. Liam Jones
24. Nick Kommer
25. Jeremy Laidler
26. Brian Lake
27. Kane Lucas
28. Steven May
29. Jordie McKenzie
30. Drew Petrie
31. Sam Reid
32. Aaron Sandilands
33. Adam Schneider
34. Brad Sewell
35. Jake Spencer
36. Brent Staker
37. Brent Stanton
38. Jesse Stringer
39. Tim Sumner
40. Scott Thompson
41. Travis Varcoe
42. Bernie Vince
43. Jobe Watson
44. Blayne Wilson
45. Cameron Wood

The team finished 6th out of 14 teams this season and will have Pick 9 in the upcoming rookie draft.

CrazyDon
Tutty
Jordie_tackles

Signup list for new league:
1. Unknown Caller
2. Tutty
3. Jordie_tackles
4. eaglesfan99
5. Zim^zuM
6. L_W_P
7. Drew23
8. Danoz
9. mrpez

+ 4 of Zim^zuM's friends

Last edited:
Hey im keen to join. Obviously.

I've played Keeper league games before. Currently in one atm and have been for 3 years so I'm experienced. The league I was in is in hiatus atm and no one really knows what's the status is at this stage. It used SC scoring which is my downfall as I dont really like DT scoring, but will give it a crack and who knows, I might get use to it.

Hope to hear back soon (not to soon as im goin on a vacation for 2 weeks with the wife and bub on Sunday)

Im keen I came about in the top 1% in supercoach and after joining halfway through the season got my team from 14 to eighth and then won the first final in BFFL which is ultimate footy, I have been in leagues such as the afml and have lots of experience.

Hi guys im very keen to take over this team! I have been playing in a cash keepers league this year so I take it rather seriously along with that I have been running my own keepers league aswell. All of which use the category scoring system, so I have experience with how it all works and love the stratigical dynamic that it gives the game.

I would love to give you my detailed five year plan for the list, but I wouldn't want to undermine my trading strategy before the upcoming off season!

Looking foward to hearing your decision

Tutty

I'd happily make up the numbers in a new league if there is enough interest. I'm addicted. But only if there is genuine interest. Not oh yeah sounds like a cool idea then after round 3 the coach seems to be kidknapped by rebels in Columbia.

Same goes with coaches applying for this position. We have a really great bunch of dedicated blokes in this league who have the mentality that if their squad is terrible they will do the hard work for years on end to get it back on track and long term vision

Hey I formally withdraw my interest in signing up as I have taken up another post in a different league.

CrazyDon

tenderwarrior, sorry about that, I didn't take any notice of the similarities between the two! I will change mine just to avoid any confusion!:)
I like that one better anyway, at least he 'marked' that one! From memory the 1989 Preliminary Final? Ablett kicked 8 that day including an amazing play on and baulk around Hamilton from 50! Some critics say it was the game of his career.

Good evening Gents Unknown Caller and the like.

I too as mentioned previously would be keen to take on the vacant coaching position in your league.

It is one which i have followed loosely since becoming a regular on the OFG board almost two years ago, it is one which i recognise as having THE most active coaching group on the site and it is this which has me eager to join the fun. The coaches are eager to trade and improve lists and it is this which excites me the most.

About myself, i have been playing SC which i am now bored of seriously for 6 or so years, but it is so bland and just turns into a stockmarket. I have been involved on BF with the OFGFL league which only lasted a year but was good fun while it lasted. I have also been playing in the BFFL which i now manage to a degree and i hope and believe i have helped to improve the overall activity and quality of coaches within that league. Finally i have ust completed my first season within the LFFL, which was a great concept and something different to the regular keeper leagues and scoring systems.

The role which is vacant is one which i think will need to be approached with serious intent as yes the team has teh potential to be successful or highly competitive in the now, alot of its better players and role players seem on the higher end of 20 or lower end of 30 when having a quick look at it. My first instinct would be to push the premiership window back 3 or so years and really develop a sustainable list.

That is me and my thought on the subject.

Also as mentioned by Zim_Zum i would also be interested in a new league but only if the coaches involved were going to be serious and understand the commitment involved when creating a great league.

Thanks

JT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To all the Ultimate Footy Coaches and Unknown Caller,

I have attached a PDF document for you all to have a look at in regards to what I would plan to do with the current list. I see this list having two options;
- Keep all current players (minus retirees) and slowly slide down the ladder and in a couple of years be a basket case OR
- Bite the bullet and try to get value for the older players while they still have a couple of seasons left, and start the rebuild from now!

With the second option I can see that the next few seasons will be difficult ones for The Angels, but I believe with some smart drafting and strategic list management that The Angels will bounce back and be a serious finals contender. Taking this strategy indicates that I am in it for the long haul but I am up for the challenge.

I look forward to your decision, If I am not selected to take over this team, please keep me in mind for when other positions come up as I am very excited to be part of this competition as I hope I have demonstrated.

Tutty

Attachments

• ANGELS LIST.pdf
    196.6 KB · Views: 95
Unknown Caller I don't know if we are going to take a vote for this but mine would go to Tutty. Apologies to JT but Tutty posted a damn spreadsheet! BTW Tutty, you can rename the team if you get selected ;) It's the Geelong Mitch Brown as well.

Also I'm more than up for joining/running another league if people want to get one started. Maybe run a smaller league with slightly different options? 18 on the field, smaller squads (say 40) etc Can't get enough!

Unknown Caller I don't know if we are going to take a vote for this but mine would go to Tutty. Apologies to JT but Tutty posted a damn spreadsheet! BTW Tutty, you can rename the team if you get selected ;) It's the Geelong Mitch Brown as well.

Also I'm more than up for joining/running another league if people want to get one started. Maybe run a smaller league with slightly different options? 18 on the field, smaller squads (say 40) etc Can't get enough!

So easily impressed L_W_P i can make a shiny spread sheet too :p!

Also i wont to take it to Heart that you prefer the other guy..... much :(

Last edited:
Haha my original draft was great! Ablett, bunch of rucks... Its the Crazy Vossy off season after the first season that stuffed me haha

Ahhh well. Ill win a flag one day.

Maybe.

My original draft was quality too, though pretty old. I decided to change tactics pretty early on as I wasn't confident I had a good enough squad to win a flag straight up (I think I lost my first 4 games). In hindsight I probably should have waited a bit, but once I started trading it got a bit crazy and I lost sight of the bigger picture. The last two seasons I think I have been much more disciplined and strategic, but am still prone to some brain fades- especially my first trade of the off-season!

So who actually wants to join the new league?

So far we have:
1. Unknown Caller
2. Tutty
3. Jordie_tackles
4. eaglesfan99
5. Zim^zuM
6. L_W_P

+ 4 of Zim^zuM's friends

Since nothing would happen until UF reopens, more members could still be added.

So who actually wants to join the new league?

So far we have:
1. Unknown Caller
2. Tutty
3. Jordie_tackles
4. eaglesfan99
5. Zim^zuM
6. L_W_P

+ 4 of Zim^zuM's friends

Since nothing would happen until UF reopens, more members could still be added.

This league needs one of them, which is the more pressing issue at this stage.

By the time Feb comes around I imagine their would be enough interest for another 14 team competition. I could potentially be interested, but as you say, it is a while away yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back