Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that that offer had been put in front of several players, and Treloar being the last man out now won't fit under the cap?
The club's not that dumb. His money will still be there in next years cap. It wasn't a case of either/or.

Coniglio, Palmer, Smith, Shiel, Hoskin-Elliott, Patton, Haynes, Kelly, Buntine... all come off contact in 2 years.
So many young guns they can't be overpaying someone for years if they drop off in form. That could be why. Give them a 2 year deal of what they are worth now, in 2 years re access if they have improved or declined. Makes it easier for trading aswell.

That marrys to what i heard. I have heard we have offered 700k for 5 years for Treloar, so if he gives up that, then he will be a one club player for GWS.
Maybe. Things change. Maybe Kelsey falls pregnant and she wants to be around family when the baby comes along?

I'm assuming the boys that have Victorian girl friends will have that challenge when that time of their life comes round.

So many young guns they can't be overpaying someone for years if they drop off in form. That could be why. Give them a 2 year deal of what they are worth now, in 2 years re access if they have improved or declined. Makes it easier for trading aswell.
Makes for a nervous fan base in 2017 too.

This year was hard enough. That's going to be a nightmare year.

Coniglio, Palmer, Smith, Shiel, Hoskin-Elliott, Patton, Haynes, Kelly, Buntine... all come off contact in 2 years.

Now, 2 methods to the madness I'm assuming.

1) They are all drunk off premiership success from 2017 they'll all stay...

OR...

2) The club anticipates a large spike in the Salary Cap at end of 2016 and the players that have stayed will be rewarded with bigger contracts - extending the contracts in 2017 to 3,4,5,6,7 year contracts also puts them out of reach of Free Agency.

Plus you will probably know by then who you really want to keep and who you can chop off. All you other 20 first rounders will be starting to step up and instead of paying Coniglio 600/700 you can pay Ahern 350-400.

After now Ricky Petterd now retiring. We are in need of some mature depth players after Knights, Foley and Newman will also be gone. Any ideas of cheap options that could be available?

Sent from my iPhone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After now Ricky Petterd now retiring. We are in need of some mature depth players after Knights, Foley and Newman will also be gone. Any ideas of cheap options that could be available?

Sent from my iPhone

We have plenty of Mature players .. the likes of Ellis, Vlaustin, Conca, Grimes, Vickery etc are all approaching 100 games... That alongside Chaplin, Lids, Cotchin, Edwards, Jack Rance... we have a very mature team...

What we need is some A grade cream on top.

Sent from my iPhone
Apparently there are a few available from down the highway!!!!

We have plenty of Mature players .. the likes of Ellis, Vlaustin, Conca, Grimes, Vickery etc are all approaching 100 games... That alongside Chaplin, Lids, Cotchin, Edwards, Jack Rance... we have a very mature team...

What we need is some A grade cream on top.

I'm not arguing that those players aren't mature but they are all best 22. You need a few depth players that are ready to go at any time. Currently our mature depth players are Gordon, Arnot, Hampson, Astbury & to a extent Elton, McBean etc

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Kelly, Stokes and Jonhson should all be cheap :p

Im guessing he hasn't made up his mind, would be fantastic to go deep into September for ALL our possible gets to gain their confidence that RFC are a team they can have success with going forward, think it will help sway them... Go Tiges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back