Werewolf "Bog Standard Werewolf in the ND style”- Kick off for 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Your vote is manipulated onto sante - so it’s 3 v 2 v 1 on a voting front at best for you.

If Rob’s killed by an exploding amulet then I took it to mean his vote doesn’t count which is a coin flip, but presumably the amulet exploding isn’t simultaneous with the lynch. If it is, then yeah I guess technically the outcome would ride on a coin flip - I was treating it as though the explosion would precede the lynch though because otherwise why would the vote not be valid? Rob going boom gets you to five.
Wouldn’t the fact that Sante is dead mean the manipulation has failed as there isn’t anyone to vote for? Grand Uncle Horace can you confirm that?

Wouldn’t the fact that Sante is dead mean the manipulation has failed as there isn’t anyone to vote for? Grand Uncle Horace can you confirm that?
Nope. Would be the same as my intimidated vote on D1 where I was compelled to vote for a dead dero, or like last night where we went to a coin flip because the manipulated recipient of hotchilli’s vote was MP.

That’s how we ended up at 4-4 and a coin flip rather than 5-4 and a straightforward lynch.

Nope. Would be the same as my intimidated vote on D1 where I was compelled to vote for a dead dero, or like last night where we went to a coin flip because the manipulated recipient of hotchilli’s vote was MP.

That’s how we ended up at 4-4 and a coin flip rather than 5-4 and a straightforward lynch.
but that’s an intimidation and not a manipulation to me they are different. One you have to follow the rule or be MK’d no matter what the other is dependent on an alive players.

On that, you would not believe how frustrated I was that you wouldn’t consider switching to crowy yesterday because hotchilli wasn’t around to change his vote por_please_ya when I knew full well that it didn’t matter what he did with it. 😡😡😡😂

So to me (assuming chilli follows porps) I think it should be 3-3 coin flip as I don’t have a valid vote target to be intimidated too.

If I was intimidated to vote for Sante then that would be different because not doing so results in a MK.

but that’s an intimidation and not a manipulation to me they are different. One you have to follow the rule or be MK’d no matter what the other is dependent on an alive players.
The point remains though that the target is still available to have their vote taken. There’s nothing to suggest in the role that there has to be a valid destination for it, in the same way that you can’t predict concurrent actions when submitting an intimidation.

The point remains though that the target is still available to have their vote taken. There’s nothing to suggest in the role that there has to be a valid destination for it, in the same way that you can’t predict concurrent actions when submitting an intimidation.
Other games have seen manipulations fail due to target/s dying in either end of the manipulation either the vote giver or vote taker.

tarks interpretation is correct.

This is of course a theoretical debate as I am neither confirming nor denying the wolves in this instance manipulated the vote of any person.

Other games have seen manipulations fail due to target/s dying in either end of the manipulation either the vote giver or vote taker.
I’m interested in what games you’re referring to because I’ve only ever seen it where the vote giver is killed, which is common sense because there’s then no vote to be given.

tarks interpretation is correct.

This is of course a theoretical debate as I am neither confirming nor denying the wolves in this instance manipulated the vote of any person.
Then we call the game here then.

On that, you would not believe how frustrated I was that you wouldn’t consider switching to crowy yesterday because hotchilli wasn’t around to change his vote por_please_ya when I knew full well that it didn’t matter what he did with it. 😡😡😡😂
Hahahaha that's classic.

I was actually thinking you or sante were SK at that point. And then it hit me later, esp when I saw the votes laid out. But I still thought sante might be. :p

I’m interested in what games you’re referring to because I’ve only ever seen it where the vote giver is killed, which is common sense because there’s then no vote to be given.
I’d like to find them but how many games have we played? I’m not searching through with no real idea of where I am looking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tarkyn because he's a wolfy campaigner who hoodwinked us all :p Grand Uncle Horace
hotchilli get in here
Porps, the village losing to the SK is worse than the village losing to a faction. It is more of a black mark for flogs to lead the village to defeat by the SK.

Go ROLE FLUID, Flip to croweater 41 and become a wolf!

Hahahaha that's classic.

I was actually thinking you or sante were SK at that point. And then it hit me later, esp when I saw the votes laid out. But I still thought sante might be. :p
We were pretty clear behaviourally that eth dog wasn’t the SK during yesterday’s day phase and that it was between sante and crowy, but by the time we even discussed trying to turn the boat around it was too late in the phase. Plus we had the added inconvenience of losing crowy’s vote on eth dog if we moved to sante.

Porps, the village losing to the SK is worse than the village losing to a faction. It is more of a black mark for flogs to lead the village to defeat by the SK.

Go ROLE FLUID, Flip to croweater 41 and become a wolf!
How about you adopt some role fluidity and become a second SK and vote porps out?

This is fun Grand Uncle Horace
Relaxing Winter Games GIF by The Bachelor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back