Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 1st Test 9-13 Feb, 1430hrs at Nagpur

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

akkaps yes countries prepare pitches differently to each other, and often will favour their team.

But when was the last time you saw curators preparing a pitch one way for 90% of the pitch and then completely differently on a full length outside a left hander's off stump?

In anyone's language that's doctoring, and sad to see as India should back themselves to beat us fairly IMO.

Built to favour the the Indian team. I see nothing wrong with that.
there's a pretty fundamental difference between a pitch being prepared to favour one style of cricket, be it a massive turner, a fast bouncy wicket etc, then having a pitch where the conditions is different from day 1 depending on what hand you bat with. if the whole pitch was like the left handed section then whatever, but for it to be like that only on a good length and fuller for left handers only, is absurd

Murphy's dad being flown over to India ahead of the first test might be debuting
Where have you seen this? Hopefully it is true

Strong rumours coming out Agar, Lyon and Murphy will play.
Wonder if that means we play Boland and Agar bats at 7 or Handscomb with only Cummins providing pace.

If Green was fit and playing I'd be comfortable playing 3 spinners but not sure with Green out

8b30643a41bf503f925f6bd6ed9ef9ba

bcedc5207fdd53cc53c713ec2aaf38f4--the-internet-memes.jpg

Where have you seen this? Hopefully it is true
Play cricket with his best mate, and he's short notice told his boss tomorrow is a sick day and will be watching from ball 1 from home.
Then not participating in training but sitting inside watching.

Each country builds pitches for their own squad. That's how it's always been.
They favour a traditional home style pitch: hard and good for batting, dry and good for spin, green and good for seam, etc.

I can't remember this Tetris approach where different parts of the one pitch are treated differently in order to make it harder for a side with more left or right handers.

It's a joke.

They favour a traditional home style pitch: hard and good for batting, dry and good for skin, green and good for seam, etc.

I can't remember this Tetris approach where different parts of the one pitch are treated differently in order to make it harder for a side with more left or right handers.

It's a joke.
There is a reason you cannot ever remember it happening

They favour a traditional home style pitch: hard and good for batting, dry and good for spin, green and good for seam, etc.

It's a joke.
Tells me they're worried by us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

akkaps yes countries prepare pitches differently to each other, and often will favour their team.

But when was the last time you saw curators preparing a pitch one way for 90% of the pitch and then completely differently on a full length outside a left hander's off stump?

In anyone's language that's doctoring, and sad to see as India should back themselves to beat us fairly IMO.
What's stopping the Australians from building pitches to favour their bowlers in this way.
Ans anyway, everyone knew that India would build pitches to favour them. And that Ashwin likes bowling to Left Handers, then it's Australian responsibliity to bring less Left Handers, I've seen this forum debate whether Warner should or should not be playing, And that Travis Head also struggles against spin. That's two left handers that could have been dropped from the series. Australia need to select a squad for the conditions and not for just keeping with the same order like they always do.

It's a joke.
It's red hot.

What's stopping the Australians from building pitches to favour their bowlers in this way.
Ans anyway, everyone knew that India would build pitches to favour them. And that Ashwin likes bowling to Left Handers, then it's Australian responsibliity to bring less Left Handers, I've seen this forum debate whether Warner should or should not be playing, And that Travis Head also struggles against spin. That's two left handers that could have been dropped from the series. Australia need to select a squad for the conditions and not for just keeping with the same order like they always do.
just re read your post and think about the idiocy of what you’ve just written…just try

Common decency
Respect for the game

But yeah we could do it. But why stop there? We could do the trigonometry on opposition batsman heights and bowling delivery angles and punch holes in the sight screen. Because you know, who says it has to be a uniform rectangle?

Common decency
Respect for the game

But yeah we could do it. But why stop there? We could do the trigonometry on opposition batsman heights and bowling delivery angles and punch holes in the sight screen. Because you know, who says it has to be a uniform rectangle?
Show me where what Nagpur has done is against the law.

Back