Border Gavaskar Trophy, India v Australia, 2nd Test 17-21 Feb, 1430hrs at Delhi

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did they think they were batting on a minefield and needed to score runs as quickly as they could before the russian roulette got them?

See I think this was where McDonald and selectors have to take responsibility.

Regardless of if you think Head can play spin, dropping him was showing complete panic.and gave India confidence mentally.

As I said it's not so much about Head's contribution but it was a huge defining moment before a ball was even bowled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is massive, he is really the only top order bat to look comfortable at all for India this series, chance to rip through a few quickly here if we bowl like we did in the 1st innings
Who? Neither has look good really

Edit: you mean Sharma.....correct

Sent from my CPH2005 using BigFooty.com mobile app

He’s a very good coach in my view, he was a very good cricketer who got the most out of himself and very unlucky not to play more Test Cricket. I did my level 2 coaching certificate with him and the rest of the bush rangers of that era. Two stood out, I’d have the other one as the batting coach if I was in charge.
He certainly should have played in the 2009 Ashes. The way people talk about him it's as if he was useless. FC avg of 39 with the bat and 28 with the ball. Genuine all rounder too, not just a part timer, averaged more than 2 wickets a game and batted top 5. Was sharp enough to bowl first change before he hurt his back early on too, but adapted.

Back