Traded Braydon Preuss [traded with #62 to Melbourne for Tyson]

Remove this Banner Ad

You're making that up

Gawn 13 pos, 3 marks, 52 ho
Preuss 4 pos, 1 mark, 23 ho

We played 2 rucks V Gawn.
Pruess & Daw - 8 possies, 3 marks 41 ho

Lots questioned why we didn't play the younger ruck in Prucess over Goldy. It fairly simple - Goldy can play over 90% of game time. Pruess can't and needs a decent amount of back up. If he can get his tank up he will be a good ruck.

Melbourne as demonstrated yesterday by Casey have very little ruck back up. Other than Gawn we have King and Filopovic. Neither played yesterday and we got monstered in the ruck. Also neither look anywhere near ready for AFL. We certainly need more mature backup. It’s no wonder we’re into Preuss. Also heard a rumour both are getting the chop. Not sure chop both as generally young rucks take years.

Looks like Gawn had his way with him good and proper, When posted i thought im sure that wasnt the case but it wasnt my fight so let it fly past
Im glad you did the research and posted it.

Really? Had a few more touches, two more marks and yes, beat him in hiotouts, but Preussy still got 23.

I realise Richmond haven't had a decent ruckman since Brad Ottens so you're probably unsure of what good ruckwork looks like though.

Really? Had a few more touches, two more marks and yes, beat him in hiotouts, but Preussy still got 23.

I realise Richmond haven't had a decent ruckman since Brad Ottens so you're probably unsure of what good ruckwork looks like though.

The north poster said he went head to head with Gawn and got the better of him.

That has been thoroughly debunked

You're making that up

Preuss 4 pos, 1 mark, 23 ho
Actually had 18 touches, 13 handballs.

Fourteen is now "a few"? Also 23 hit outs is pretty mediocre.

Actually had 18 touches, 13 handballs.

Fourteen is now "a few"? Also 23 hit outs is pretty mediocre.

I was going by what was posted. Gawn was better sure, as you'd expect.

23 in limited game time is alright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a Premiership Ruckman, Do you know of any available ?

Preuss want to goto Dee's exclusively. All other teams are out. Interesting.
Dees have plenty of tradable players we could be interested in.

How dumb is this bloke? He’ll be the next Jake spencer who spends 10 years on an afl list and plays 30 games. He could probably walk into 3/4 clubs and be the number one ruck.
Yep. If true, it seems pretty dumb. I have no idea what Melbourne could be offering him and North to stop him even listening to other offers.

How dumb is this bloke? He’ll be the next Jake spencer who spends 10 years on an afl list and plays 30 games. He could probably walk into 3/4 clubs and be the number one ruck.

I can’t believe he wants to go to Melbourne simply to be a backup ruck again as I agree that would be stupid.

Something is afoot and Melbourne must have given him assurance that they plan to play both he and Gawn.

If something is happening with Hogan I can see it working. Either taking Hogan out of the forward line and using him to shore up the backline with Lever which would make for an imposing backline. Or Hogan has flagged he wants to return to WA which would net 2 first rounders or a first rounder and one of Freo’s 1st round draftees from last year.

I can’t see any other sensible way the current best 22 structure changes to enable a two ruck/forward setup.

I would assume it will be a pick rather than a player.
Need points, we’re trying the same with port with the Polec trade. We are expecting Thomas and Scott, so points are needed. Hall and Newman costing north later picks too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back