Banter Brisbane Lions, home of the most ineffective small forward to kick 5 goals in a game - Chris 'Salty' Scott, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangatangtang

Cancelled
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I kind of see where you're coming from with the AFL.

Certainly we know that Garry Hocking has been monkeying with the rules to advantage his old club. And we know that the handbaggers like bruise free footy. So, yeah, I'd have to agree about the AFL trying to remove tackling to help out those primadonnas from down south.

Less sympathetic to your claim about social activism. I know how Queenslanders feel about social issues but you really need to get over the fact that women are allowed to attend football matches, and players can wear shorts that rise above the knee. We're not all stuck in the Queensland time warp and I would have to say that it's actually a good thing that the AFL are helping Queenslanders adjust to the modern world.
The bloke who made all of the rules changes is on the record saying he wants to see less tackling.

As for the education, ill leave that to our boys at 320

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Bants aside, before the game starts and we start tearing strips off each other and carrying grudges, I just want to congratulate you guys on a tremendous season. Top 4 is a massive credit to your team given the injuries you sustained during the year.

As for us, I still can't quite believe we're in this position but I'll take it. There have been nine changes in the Lions team between our last meeting and this, every one of them an upgrade, so I'm confident of a much better showing and looking forward to welcoming you guys to the Gabba in two weeks time.

Game on Tigers

As many of them have finally come out of hibernation, I can finally see Brisbane supporters are just like Carlton fans. Living in the past. Years battling with them for spoon will do that to ya I guess.
Pretty sure we are just following in your foot steps. Although we would have to get knocked out of the 8 in week 1 by the team that took out 9th spot on the ladder, ala circa 2013 to really be comparable. Funny that, it was also Carlton. ;).

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Pretty sure we are just following in your foot steps. Although we would have to get knocked out of the 8 in week 1 by the team that took out 9th spot on the ladder, ala circa 2013 to really be comparable. Funny that, it was also Carlton. ;).

You also need to keep off the bottom of the ladder for a while.

On average we win a wooden spoon roughly every 20 years.

Your lot manage to win one on average every 7.

Well done on managing to claw back a tiny, teeny bit this year by not being the most useless team in the comp.

You also need to keep off the bottom of the ladder for a while.

On average we win a wooden spoon roughly every 20 years.

Your lot manage to win one on average every 7.

Well done on managing to claw back a tiny, teeny bit this year by not being the most useless team in the comp.
We have won one wooden spoon.. not sure where you’re getting those statistics from.. so closer to one every 20 as well.. we really are following in your footsteps ;).

Pft. Three flags from the days when it was a smaller competition and your club was getting an absolute s**t load of concessions from the AFL to make sure their interstate teams were successful.

You're finding much harder now that you have to win flags on merit, aren't you?

AFL flags in an 18 team comp. without AFL concessions: Richmond 1, Brisbane 0

So Richmond only won when there were two new easy beats in the competition they could bully and get false bravado from, while we like the challenge of a fully mature set of opposition teams.

Eh? Wining the GF and then making it to a prelim the next year is "not even getting close" to back-to-back?

Do you even football?

In any case, unlike your lot, we didn't get it handed to us by an AFL heirarchy desperate for their interstate experiment to succeed, and we did it in an 18 team comp.

Your FLAGS all need an asterix.

Only relevant thing in this post is in the last sentence and it the word FLAGS. Note that it’s a plural.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Only relevant thing in this post is in the last sentence and it the word FLAGS. Note that it’s a plural.

Yeah, that's right. Plural. As I said, all your flags need an asterix. I was suggesting they're all dodgy. :rolleyes:

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
So Richmond only won when there were two new easy beats in the competition they could bully and get false bravado from, while we like the challenge of a fully mature set of opposition teams.

Pft. We were winning premierships WAY before that. The pertinent point is that you haven't won one since the comp expanded to it's present size.

That said, it's true that we regard the easybeat expansion teams to be there for no other reason than to prop up proper clubs like Richmond. You know, teams like the GWS, Freo, the Gold Coast Suns, Brisbane Lions -- you know, the plastic franchises with no history or tradition.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
We have won one wooden spoon.. not sure where you’re getting those statistics from.. so closer to one every 20 as well.. we really are following in your footsteps ;).

I could cite my sources but I suspect they don't know what they're talking about.

As it's a banter thread I didn't think I needed to fact check anything that helps my argument. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back