Oppo Camp Brodie Grundy (Traded to Melbourne 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was serviceable. We beat Carlton. The rest is just details.
That's the thing, serviceable doesn't cut the mustard when he's taking 10% of our cap, based on last years and this years form he is nothing more than a plodder who can't mark above his head unless he is completely clear, any pressure what so ever he panicks and drops everything, he isn't worth half what we're paying him.

His contract is ******* us.

He was ok tonight, ok doesn't cut it for him though mate.

It was interesting to watch. Jeez footy changes quickly. The two best players of 2019 were out there tonight, who I thought would both be in their absoulte prime right now - Cripps and Grundy - and they both looked a touch slow. I thought Grundy was good though, but 7 years on huge money isn;t looking good.

It was interesting to watch. Jeez footy changes quickly. The two best players of 2019 were out there tonight, who I thought would both be in their absoulte prime right now - Cripps and Grundy - and they both looked a touch slow. I thought Grundy was good though, but 7 years on huge money isn;t looking good.
Dave is giving me angry faces, last week he wanted Grundy's head on a stick lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The open game probably doesn’t suit players who thrive on bulldozing through congestion

Last edited:
I still don't think clubs should be paying a huge chunk of their salary for rucks.

Premiership teams can get by with average or even bad rucks...

I think players like Moore however are definitely worthy. Moore is as tall as most rucks and Grundy... And he does things that are just simply amazing and most humans cannot do. He's like an NBA type athlete.

At the ground, I thought Grundy was good tonight. I also thought he was good in patches last week too. But better this week. I seem to be in the minority.

He is building. 51 hit outs and a 18 touches would be bog for most other ruckman.

The Big man showed signs and I expect him to improve each week. He’ll be AA again this year. Bookmark it.

Getting back to form hopefully, it's been long enough.

Pittonet is trash, though.
Yes he is but he’s on a third of Grundys salary. Still kicked a goal and missed a sitter and was about on par with Grundy around the ground. Unless we are counting Grundys 50 taps with 40 not to our advantage. Was an improvement on last weeks effort

He was average at best, his tap work was really bad, he couldn't take a contested mark, he did not do much follow up work at all because he isn't allowed to by the opposition. If people are satisfied by that performance then we are stuffed. There were times when he looked like he didn't know where to tap the ball and the opposition roved to his taps better than our players. Watch what happens at stoppages, a Carlton player, mainly Walsh ran directly to Grundy at the stoppages, either blocking his run or waiting for the tap at his feet. He needs to improve a lot more than what we saw last night I'm afraid

No he didn't, Pittonet did a great job on him, out bodied him and out marked him on several occasions. Would have expected Grundy to destroy him but he didn't
Did you watch the game? Grundy doubled Pittonet's disposal count, got 2.5x as many hitouts, tripled his tackles and took as many marks as him. Pittonet kicked a goal because of a s**t Maynard kick, and took a mark or two over Brodie.

It was a thorough thrashing in the ruck

Did you watch the game? Grundy doubled Pittonet's disposal count, got 2.5x as many hitouts, tripled his tackles and took as many marks as him. Pittonet kicked a goal because of a sh*t Maynard kick, and took a mark or two over Brodie.

It was a thorough thrashing in the ruck
I am still waiting for the 2018 Grundy to come out. Grundy was soundly beaten in the first half and redeemed himself a bit in the second. If you are happy with what he did last night then that's fine but I think, after what happened in the off season we deserve a much better performance from a player who is being paid what he is. He is a shadow of himself and needs to start performing better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back