Analysis Bullies convincingly beat the Purples 118 - 69

Remove this Banner Ad

Very convincing win. Needed that percentage booster.

Think we’ve been getting slightly better every week since the awful start.

Lots of positive signs lead by the Bont again.

Freo are really bad, what a drop off from them this season. That was a dysfunctional forward line

A lot to like. Bont, Treloar, Williams, English, Macrae all great. Jones and TOB very good in defence. JUH excellent up forward if not for poor kicking.

Thought we tackled extremely well, our pressure particularly in the forward 50 felt outstanding.

And we limited Freo's 2nd quarter run on to only 3 goals, a rare feat for this side.

Wtf was going on with that guy who stormed the field? Wasn't a streaker. Was he going after one of our players?
Some are saying he was making a bee-line for Lobb.

Great win, should’ve been 80 points, but kudos to Daniel FWD, Williams high half fwd, Tim/Bont/Libba/Treloar in the middle, Jamarra marking everything, Jones FB was amazing. Lobb can stay in Perth lol

In the end it was an interstate win with no real injuries after a hard slog last week in the wet and two straight weeks out of Victoria.

Bont was Bont, Libba was Libba, English’s taps are definitely more to advantage these days, but Liam Jones was effin’ mega when it mattered. A colossus, behemoth, and grizzled, unpassable Viking. Gandalf on the thin bridge of Khazad-*ing-dûm; Freo shall not pass.

Marra’s hands were the best I’ve seen. Great leading patterns too. Truck’s getting a little of that ol’ razzle dazzle back. Daniel off the back of the stoppage back to his hygienic level of cleanliness with the pill. Treloar finding good balance between inside and outside.

Our forward pressure was magnificent in the first half when the heat was on, not only our chasing and tackling, but out set-up around our attacking 50. But most of all, the Handball club is back! Our skills were infinitely better, which meant our spread and ball movement began to look something like it used to. Which as a by-product, our forwards were in a good position and we could lower our eyes and deliver early and direct. And suddenly we looked like we had a forward line.

Yeah, goalkicking was terrible. Looking at you Rory. How come you’re Fred *ing Fanning against us but once you’re ours you can’t hit the side of a barn door? But overall, I suppose more goals than points isn’t horrible.

A quick mention to the entertaining toys-out-of-the-pram Freo nitwits for entertaining me all night.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 224750.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except for our misses for goal, I'm pretty happy. Pretty, pretty, pretty happy.

My pizza also was great tonight.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

What impressed me tonight is when they came, we absorbed the pressure and hit back hard and stepped it up a few notches and they just couldn't go with us. We ground them into the ground..

Liam Jones was just extraordinary

Treloar and Bont Amazing..

JUH presented beautifully and took 10 marks.

Great game.

That’s the template game for Ugle Hagen going forward, he wasn’t competing under the high ball as much but leading up the ground instead.

It was the first game that Williams pre grand final composure under physical pressure has reappeared, which makes a completely different player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back