Oppo Camp Caleb Poulter (Bulldogs MSD 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Think i would too, but dont see that ability to accelerate away from congestion and be damaging with the ball. Far from our worst tonight though. Hope he can find his way into our best 25ish players which would make him a regular starter.
Not seeing an A grader but i'm sure he will improve.
I think it could be a confidence thing with him. Just needs some continuity in the senior side and it will come

I know what you’re saying but you haven’t set the bar very high for comparison there.

The kids with potential need to take the position of our bottom 4-6 experienced players who don't have any impact anyway. It's why I'm not against giving Begg a game instead of Cox. But would probably prefer we tried Kelly/Mahon instead of Begg as they have had more time in the system and are in more need of opportunity.

Another boy I had high hopes for but he seems to be very vanilla at this stage as do almost all of our young kids. You cannot keep saying give them time. Most players will improve their game in time but I've been looking for a couple of eye catching types who set the heart a flutter and we don't have any. Ginnivan the exception.

Another boy I had high hopes for but he seems to be very vanilla at this stage as do almost all of our young kids. You cannot keep saying give them time. Most players will improve their game in time but I've been looking for a couple of eye catching types who set the heart a flutter and we don't have any. Ginnivan the exception.
bloody hell he is a 19 year old kid from interstate in his second year who has played more games than the #1 pick in his draft.

bloody hell he is a 19 year old kid from interstate in his second year who has played more games than the #1 pick in his draft.
I'm not expecting him to be BOG or get 35 touches but I am looking for little moments which make you feel excited about his future and I haven't seen anything as yet.

In one way or another we did. We traded pick 2 to get a couple of players that our recruiters rated highly, including Poulter
superhero flying GIF by South Park

I'm not expecting him to be BOG or get 35 touches but I am looking for little moments which make you feel excited about his future and I haven't seen anything as yet.

How about the fact that he's 19, 6'3'' and last year when he was 18 he was a top 5 runner at the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think it takes a hindsight hero to guess a slider taken in the 30’s probably won’t match up to the talent that goes in the top 5 of a draft
Nor does it take a hindsight hero to work out whatever our pick was gonna be was absorbed by daicos.

2 firsts for beams was worse but then again 1 pick was gonna disappear for Q but our pick that year was 17 if I’m recalling correctly

Nor does it take a hindsight hero to work out whatever our pick was gonna be was absorbed by daicos.

2 firsts for beams was worse but then again 1 pick was gonna disappear for Q but our pick that year was 17 if I’m recalling correctly
That’s a cop out. There are so many things you can do with a future first as currency. We traded ours for magic beans.

That’s a cop out. There are so many things you can do with a future first as currency. We traded ours for magic beans.
Eddie was in damage control he needed a good news story to spin of bringing in X amount of players in the top 30 after the salary cap debacle and firesale. Again it’s easy to say it was stupid now.

Not happy with Nick Daicos?

The coaches will run through his game with him

Gee there are some lofty expectations placed on a 19 year old kid playing his first game of the year. I’d be focusing on several other players before focusing on him

Will never be a top 10 player on the list… so people need to get over there expectation that every kid has to be as talented and as fully developed as Nick Daicos

That being said Caleb imo has a lot of scope to grow into a solid contributor who plays 100 plus games for the club

All this is evidenced by some of the good games he has already played

0A5AFF3E-A036-4F52-A250-99B9190F67F8.jpeg

Give him the next several games and watch him improve

19 years old, first game for the season, played pretty well in a shitstorm, and people are lining up to declare his career over?

Go away from this place. Go on, take your tears of bitterness elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back