Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

He just tapered off at the end of the year, but had shown quite a bit of improvement during the year.

Whilst he'll never be as good as his father (very few are/were) I think he's projecting as being a good player. I think he'll improve again this year.

Last edited:
That miss in the last when he was running into an open goal from 25m and didn’t even make the distance...

If he is going to improve as a player, he needs to start nailing these scenarios because that was a 2 goal swing with the ball going up the other end for a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he will grow into it, I was particularly impressed end of last season when he stood up to the pressure of the game and took it on more often than not. That can’t be taught. Needs to get tidier with ball in hand, I think that will come when he becomes a bit more confident and experienced.

Good news locking up three players of some talent but I’d imagine on the lesser sized contracts.

Murphy is still my pick of the three but have a strong feeling Callum is viewed pretty much by the inner circle as best 22.

Oh, well done Callum.

nice type, though needs to not get lost in games for those lengthy periods.

However, his attitude, work ethic, application, that’s rolled gold.

If you follow the pies right back to the 70's you will find that the reason we lost so many GF is because we have always had "good foot soldiers", you need class and top end talent to actually win a GF, not foot soldiers

There is always room for a few solid foot soldiers manic. Let's get specific:

Blair
L Brown
Toovey
Macaffer
Dawes

Gayfer
Turner
Kerrison
Manson

Those are the two I've seen first hand. You can debate the lists but there still IS a list.

2 year contract extension, I like that we’re getting these done early in the year.

That’s going very early on Tyler. Third year at the club, still yet to break through for a game.

Mightve been necessitated by Reid, Varcs, Dunn drooping off this year so no real risk giving the extra season but could this end up with us carrying a player like we did Crock/Gault?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back