Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I don't think that anyone can deny Trumps hypocrisy in this all

There is a video (posted by his ******* 1st born Son) that clearly shows Trump and his clan celebrating the initial stages of the riots (shortly before they stormed the Capitol building).

https://www.news.com.au/world/north...s/news-story/c776846918c22abc7ae0015a4a1435de

Trump is wearing boxing gloves in the video, and clearly supporting the Qanon, White nationalists (one was wearing a pro-Auschwitz jumper FFS, and the Confederate flag was everywhere) and far right wing nutters in attendance.

He then posted the message of love afterwards.

Then today he releases a stronger message of 'you will all be prosecuted' via the video, and r/thedonald and elsewhere are going mental, because 'he was the one that told us to go there and invade the Capital and use violence, and then washed his hands of us when we did'.

Oh RWNJs....

1610077362653.png

Not even close. The RWNJ top guy is President of the United States.

And you had the vice-president elect campaigning for bail for left wing rioters a few months ago.

Like I said, the hypocrisy of so many is obvious. From lowly twitter plebs all the way to the top.

That is stupid logic though

That is the same dickhead logic that could be used yesterday. Lots of people feel the government is being oppressive.
When Obama was president he mentioned how having daughters meant he didn't have to have a discussion with his sons when they hit puberty about how not to get shot by the cops. Only in America I guess....

These BLM riots only happen when unarmed people are killed by cops and a whole bunch of other people remember how many times that could have been them instead. They don't happen after the thousands of drug gang related police shootings that happen every year. If you ever watch these extra judicial killings, and you can cos they are online, then its clear they are not lawful actions. This sort of thing has happened for a long time and its always resulted in civil unrest. If you want the state to be legitimate it has to act legitimately otherwise people will try to burn it down.

Furthermore if the US political class doesn't get its act together there will be mass unrest. And it will be very messy. A big part of what motivated BLM this past year is the way that COVID has hit poorer and minority communities in the US. The state has failed them in terms of justice and its now failed to protect them from a pandemic. What is the good of it for black people? They have to work in the most unsafe environments and travel via public transport a massive disease vector in itself.

A big part of what motivated the Trump nongs is the way the white male working class has been abandoned. In one specific way^. They no longer have jerbs. Not only can they not provide for their families, they can't get something meaningful to do. They can't help build their nation by building things - cars or planes or weapons. Once upon a time US manufacturing was part of what made it so great in the world. Now that is gone. Most of those people are probably okay people. Before they were poisoned by social media and ****ed over by neo-liberalism.

Both sets of riots come from the political class failing its core constituents - ordinary people.

^They haven't been abandoned by ratbag/msm media tho. It gives them as much attention as ever.

Absolutely both are bad. The police response to both is vastly different which is a huge cause for concern.
I’ve posted this elsewhere but while there’s footage of some police seemingly giving a few a free pass, apparently charges are being prepared for 55 of the protestors at least and some will be facing serious jail time. That’s in addition to a woman being shot dead.

Honestly most of them probably deserve it (maybe not the dead woman). It’s a ridiculous thing to do, but put in perspective apparently only 174 were changed in DC over the entire period of the BLM riots. They haven’t got a free pass at all.

I’ve posted this elsewhere but while there’s footage of some police seemingly giving a few a free pass, apparently charges are being prepared for 55 of the protestors at least and some will be facing serious jail time. That’s in addition to a woman being shot dead.

Honestly most of them probably deserve it (maybe not the dead woman). It’s a ridiculous thing to do, but put in perspective apparently only 174 were changed in DC over the entire period of the BLM riots. They haven’t got a free pass at all.
Where is this 174 number from?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read the thread: it’s 55 charged, not arrested.
I'm trying to find the charged number. I get only:

Just 52 people were arrested in Washington D.C. Wednesday after Trump supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol and interrupted Congress certifying President-elect Joe Biden’s win.

It's scuttlebutt on Twitter but apparently Blair Cotterell went to a house of ill repute and none of the Toms would see him. If true the dude literally can't get a root in a brothel.

He cuts a pretty distinct figure even in a crowd. A fair slew of people with a local political awareness would know who he is and what he stands for.

hqdefault.jpg

And they'd react accordingly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back