Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Remove this Banner Ad

I think, at present, we would be lucky to get a second, which is a shame because we ALL (yes, even you, Madblue) know he's a better footballer than that.

Even if you think a trade would be best, doing it now would be stupid. Why sell low when you can sell high? Unlike Dow/LOB, SPS has significant AFL level performances under his belt, and he has been inside the top small defenders in the comp for two years (according to Champion Data).

Give him a chance to find his way back into form, and if you're so insistent that he need be traded because reasons, trade him for something more commesurate with his value instead of the utter pittance we'd get for him now.
Unfortunately, when SPS and Dow come forward at the end of the year asking to be traded, we will ask them why they want to be traded. Now, it won't be a shock to our coach their reasons. Then they will be traded for very little.

Unfortunately, when SPS and Dow come forward at the end of the year asking to be traded, we will ask them why they want to be traded. Now, it won't be a shock to our coach their reasons. Then they will be traded for very little.
Is this supposition or knowledge that you think there's disharmony in behind the scenes?

Well slightly checked out... of course he won't get donuts!

Teague told him and the young guys if they were on par with the seniors, the youth would be given righter way. SPS is very annoyed teague has gone against his word.

Happy for you to call it how you see it, but this is how its gone down at our club.
This is your theory or your information?

SPS might not be "lazy" but let's just say I've seen some harder runners.

Is he injured? Is he lacking in confidence?

If Freo offered us a decent pick tomorrow, I'd take it. Would you?
Can't speak on behalf of others but would be very surprised if they
SPS might not be "lazy" but let's just say I've seen some harder runners.

Is he injured? Is he lacking in confidence?

If Freo offered us a decent pick tomorrow, I'd take it. Would you?
I can't speak on behalf of others but I would question their sanity trying to organise a trade in may that can't happen till November.
Then I would set sps clear goals and see how he goes for the rest of the season. At which time we would see where we were and what was best for both parties going forward.
Others may want to make a snap decision today but fortunately the club doesn't generally appoint people like that into positions of responsibility .

Can't speak on behalf of others but would be very surprised if they

I can't speak on behalf of others but I would question their sanity trying to organise a trade in may that can't happen till November.
Then I would set sps clear goals and see how he goes for the rest of the season. At which time we would see where we were and what was best for both parties going forward.
Others may want to make a snap decision today but fortunately the club doesn't generally appoint people like that into positions of responsibility .

He played quite well coming on as sub. Training him up in the reserves is my guess. Don’t want to lose Sps or Dow .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gee there’s a lot to work with in Kemp. A lot. He’s a mid. I feel he (oddly given he played down back) showed that today. He’s very good below his knees and he has great natural power through the contest. I can see him joining the centre square set up in the seniors before the year is out.

He is leaner than what I expected. Nice building first game and got through .

Gee there’s a lot to work with in Kemp. A lot. He’s a mid. I feel he (oddly given he played down back) showed that today. He’s very good below his knees and he has great natural power through the contest. I can see him joining the centre square set up in the seniors before the year is out.

Natural footballer. Everything he did was just smart, intelligent footy. Definitely looks like a mid and wanted to take the game on in every opportunity. It will take time to get back into it but it won’t be long before he is playing AFL.
Hopefully we don’t rush him but also allow him to play his natural game. I do worry about our coaches and development. SPS was a shadow of himself today and even looked disinterested at times. Bad feeling we have destroyed SPS.

I haven't been against him from day dot I actually thought he looked very promising the first few seasons. He has been poor the last few seasons and is now clearly not best 22 and highly doubt he has a future with
I think, at present, we would be lucky to get a second, which is a shame because we ALL (yes, even you, Madblue) know he's a better footballer than that.

Even if you think a trade would be best, doing it now would be stupid. Why sell low when you can sell high? Unlike Dow/LOB, SPS has significant AFL level performances under his belt, and he has been inside the top small defenders in the comp for two years (according to Champion Data).

Give him a chance to find his way back into form, and if you're so insistent that he need be traded because reasons, trade him for something more commesurate with his value instead of the utter pittance we'd get for him now.
Yep I think he has great natural talent but he clearly doesn't work hard enough and if he doesn't improve quickly then he won't be around next season. At the moment he is depth only and only he can change that and for his and the clubs sake I hope he does.

It makes me a little sad for the ex-players like Campbell and Nathan Brown, that the best offering they could get post career is the Betfair ads and a few panel shows but not the main ones. What's going to happen when they don't have the face/name recognition and there's a crop of younger better ex-players with more charm?

Nothing else to fall back on.
Campbell’s old man has plenty, I reckon he’ll be just fine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the make-up our midfield setup is missing. Very exciting type.

This has been happening since his first game in the 1’s.

If I could be bothered I’d dig up some old game day thread comments I posted where he would be 50 meters clear of any opposition, available for an easy switch, and Carlton players wouldn’t bother looking at the open space, handball into traffic and eventually bomb it long to a 50/50 turnover.

You don’t see a lot of the work rate on TV, because it’s obviously out of frame, but when you’re at the ground it’s so bloody damning some times.
This is not just an lob problem our whole game sense in the AFL is this - we either switch to someone under light cover with a loopy kick - handball to someone next to us or bomb it quick and long and make it someone else's problem-- to find a loose man or create one means you invite pressure one from the opposition and one on your disposal -- we haven't got enough users that are good under pressure young or old and performing skills under pressure shouldn't be reliant on where you are on the ground at the time of you are a genuine mid you should be able to perform in close under pressure on a flank or in a pocket ..

Agreed most concerning aspect of Carrol was attitude and effort. Didn’t seem to want to get involved. When he dropped that easy mark and was pushed to ground took an eternity to get up instead of showing some will to make up for his mistake. Rustiness can be forgiven but it’s not like he is coming back after 2 years of not playing like Kemp. May be that is why he went in 40’s at draft?
Careful mate. Can't be having those sorts of views around here.

But yep, that and a few lacklustre efforts didn't bode well for him. I'm sure it will be addressed by the coaching staff and we won't see it again.

Good below his knees also. Can bend down. First game and one of the top possession getters. I’m mesmerised to his ceiling .. Can see his class .

I gotta say I haven't been this excited about a recruit since Motley , we really have something in this kid .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back