Game Day Carlton Reserves Game Day Discussion Rnds 2 - 19

Remove this Banner Ad

The Carlton reserves have been around since the end of last year while Box Hill have been around for decades. You can't expect a side to gel and gain team cohesion overnight do you? As for the VFL listed players... they are just a bunch of blow in's who we grabbed at the end of last year so we could fill out the squad. We are short of VFL listed talls and today it's showing. Our ruckman looks like he needs to spend the next 10 weeks down at Maccas eating cheese burgers followed up by10 hours in the gym. He looks like a strong breeze will snap him in two. And his our tallest player.

The key is kfc. Trust me.

Williamson and Parks are the only players who can hold their heads high so far, Kemp I like his skill with ball in hand can't see him playing AFL this year though.

Brodie Kemp’s attitude has been first-rate, as a first-gamer. Your point is moot.
Carroll is a second gamer. Carroll is playiing on the forward flank in in a massively undersized forward line. You expect him to be more motivated when he is getting massacred by his opposition?

Last edited by a moderator:
Williamson and Parks are the only players who can hold their heads high so far, Kemp I like his skill with ball in hand can't see him playing AFL this year though.
Kemp will pick up steam in the next 3 weeks.

I think O'Brien, Honey and Ramsay are well worth a look for the AFL, as well, they just don't standout as much while they try and freewheel around in a disgusting display by too many team mates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see him playing the last couple of games of the year... just to give the non-VFL watchers something to look at.

Certainly not doing game development any favours with such a glaring lack of KPP sized players back ruck and up front. Still a remarkable difference in intensity between the two sides - seems to be very little defensive structure going on and massive difference in runnign efforts.

Mirror image of the seniors today in some of the same key area’s we are seriously poor in, our list has a clear shortage of two way runners that are capable of providing defensive pressure, spread or run...
Pulled apart by a better system and a team that clearly values defensive run and pressure acts from every single one of their players something we clearly are extremely poor at...
Kemp a shining light after such a long layoff, Honey good particularly earlier on before the one way carnage...

Last edited:
Certainly not doing game development any favours with such a glaring lack of KPP sized players back ruck and up front. Still a remarkable difference in intensity between the two sides - seems to be very little defensive structure going on and massive difference in runnign efforts.
As I've said, Box Hill are an experienced team that's been around for a long time. This is a well drilled team with exceptional team cohesion... something that our team that's only been together for the last 8 months or so has yet to achieve. Not having KPP sized players in the squad is going to hurt that cohesion.

Your point in dumb... Carroll is a second gamer. Carroll is playiing on the forward flank in in a massively undersized forward line. You expect him to be more motivated when he is getting massacred by his opposition?
He’s started at the centre bounce quite a bit as far as I’ve seen? I’m looking at his body language, and it’s been disappointing, second gamer or not.

He’s started at the centre bounce quite a bit as far as I’ve seen? I’m looking at his body language, and it’s been disappointing, second gamer or not.
Anyone else you want to crucify on your cross of expectations? Any one else at all? How about Ramsey? Phillips? I think that you have excessive expectations of first year second game players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back