Preview Carlton vs Essendon, MCG, Saturday 12/05/18 @ 2:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The way we structure up, our interchange rotations go predominantly through the midfield right? So if you wanted to put someone in on less than full minutes, it'd be most appropriate to carry them on a wing.. right? Like they can't obviously carry someone on 50% game time... but say 70%, rather than 90%?

I think we win. But it will be nothing to boast about. Carlton will lose only because they can't sustain the required attributes against Essendon for long enough to prevail. 16 other clubs most definitely can. They have the talent, just the lack of experience.The social media from the club will make sick this week. They continually and consistently fail to understand the majority of ppl are not idiots.

I think we win. But it will be nothing to boast about. Carlton will lose only because they can't sustain the required attributes against Essendon for long enough to prevail. 16 other clubs most definitely can. They have the talent, just the lack of experience.The social media from the club will make sick this week. They continually and consistently fail to understand the majority of ppl are not idiots.

If they cant beat a bunch of kids who are winless s**t will hit the fan big time.

If they cant beat a bunch of kids who are winless s**t will hit the fan big time.

Of course it will :)

But seriously the Bombers should be obliterating Carlton and they just may, but sorry one win will not convince anyone, despite the social media crap and media from the club. The club is meant to sell hope and what they sold pre-season to what is occurring now is a world of difference.

its got to the stage for me now I don't want to go to the footy to watch Myers, Zharakis nor Goddard (Baguley and Hooker in the fwd line too). Its the same predictable failures week in week out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose the feeling i have is exasperation.
I just dont understand the logic our coaching staff/selection committee are using.

It cant be on form. Langford, Clarke, Redman and Ridley have been in great touch at VFL level, Guelfi has shown a bit at senior level and there are an assortment of players in the firsts (BJ, Myers, Baguley etc) who are stinking it up.

It cant be defensive. Against hawthorn we had 9 players combine for 4 tackles. Clarke, Langford and Ridley have had more than that each for the last fortnight per game.

Woosha says he doesnt want to play too much youth at once. There are 3 players selected this week who have played less than 30 games. One is 26yo (McNeice) leaving two players under 50 games. Richmond won a grand final last year with 6 in the team. Tonight Hawthorn and Sydney both played with more than 3 in their team and are now both in the top 5 teams in the comp

It cant be because we think we are a flag chance with our current squad. Look at our form, surely the younger guys cant do much worse.

I just dont get it. Why dont we want to play the kids and see what they have to offer
My only summation can be the club promised the world over pre season and cant be seen to be giving up on that too soon ala Norf in 2016. I truly hope that isnt the case as it is putting perception over substance. The hallmark of our past decade.

So i just dont understand. I am just. Well
Exasperated.

Of course it will :)

But seriously the Bombers should be obliterating Carlton and they just may, but sorry one win will not convince anyone, despite the social media crap and media from the club. The club is meant to sell hope and what they sold pre-season to what is occurring now is a world of difference.

its got to the stage for me now I don't want to go to the footy to watch Myers, Zharakis nor Goddard (Baguley and Hooker in the fwd line too). Its the same predictable failures week in week out.

Don't mean to crash this thread but I have been telling my bombers mates this all week. A win is almost guaranteed (and looking at the talent on your list, if it clicks, a 5 goal win shouldn't be out of the question). But once all is said and done, you will beat the bottom of the ladder team sitting on about 64%. It won't fix any problems but just keep the hounds quiet for 1 more week...
Same issues will still be there and that is you have a poor coach and coaching group and no leadership. This is all my opinion obviously, but the genuine opinions of a rival supporter who watches all games closely and sees when the chips are down, no one is willing to drag the team back up.
Anyway, the loser of this game will cop it this next week and, unfortunately for us, we don't really deserve what we will inevitably cop from the asshats in the media due to our rebuild/reset... Good luck guys/gals!

I suppose the feeling i have is exasperation.
I just dont understand the logic our coaching staff/selection committee are using.

It cant be on form. Langford, Clarke, Redman and Ridley have been in great touch at VFL level, Guelfi has shown a bit at senior level and there are an assortment of players in the firsts (BJ, Myers, Baguley etc) who are stinking it up.

It cant be defensive. Against hawthorn we had 9 players combine for 4 tackles. Clarke, Langford and Ridley have had more than that each for the last fortnight per game.

Woosha says he doesnt want to play too much youth at once. There are 3 players selected this week who have played less than 30 games. One is 26yo (McNeice) leaving two players under 50 games. Richmond won a grand final last year with 6 in the team. Tonight Hawthorn and Sydney both played with more than 3 in their team and are now both in the top 5 teams in the comp

It cant be because we think we are a flag chance with our current squad. Look at our form, surely the younger guys cant do much worse.

I just dont get it. Why dont we want to play the kids and see what they have to offer
My only summation can be the club promised the world over pre season and cant be seen to be giving up on that too soon ala Norf in 2016. I truly hope that isnt the case as it is putting perception over substance. The hallmark of our past decade.

So i just dont understand. I am just. Well
Exasperated.

Well it is essendon. I guess the logic is to wait for the kids to be out of form then give them a go with a 'we've backed u in here son, you've got 1 game to prove yourself and if u are not in our best 5 we will have no choice but to rest you because we r all about player welfare'.

With McGrath out, the only interest I have in this game is how Mutch goes. Hopefully he can jag the requisite 38 disposals to avoid resting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back