Autopsy Cats lose to Demons by 29 points

Remove this Banner Ad

He was the worst player on the ground by a huge margin. It was a final and he was treating like a game of touch football. I actually couldn't believe what I was watching. I want somebody to edit the game to only include his vision so I can send it to the club.

I’m not sure he was the worst but he had the worst attitude. Just a complete lack of intensity.

Is it fair that umpires/AFL hierarchy can influence results?

If I watched an AFL game in the first half of the season and then watched last nights game Cats v Demons I’d be watching 2 totally different umpired games on how to interpret-ate the rules.

How the game was umpired in the first half of the season compared to last night would possibly sway losses to wins and vice versa for teams. Hence the ability to make finals.

The AFL seriously needs to be consistent with their rule interpretations for an entire season. Not just 3-4 week blocks at a time.

- That was posted by a ex-AFL player.

Totally agree on support coaching staff. There needs to be serious questions asked of them and Scott on the direction of the playing list.

One paced has been our problem for a while, yet we play a grunt style of game to win the contested ball. Grind from one contest to the next.

I don't think this is where we play our best football.

We went into the game with a ruck whom was playing GDFL only last year. He'd go off the ground at the 5 or 6 minute mark; he has no tank. Yet we still went with him knowing we are in the finals up against the best teams.

Gawn massacred him tonight.

We constantly blame the bottom 6 or so. But we had senior players tonight whom were woeful. Undisciplined, lazy and unaccountable. This extended to the Captain.

Totally unacceptable.

Will there be change, and whom will drive it through?

Can't answer that now unfortunately. Just frustrated like everyone on here, at yet again the same result with no change in thinking.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
and we know from games won this year that we are at our best playing our usual attacking style eg the last 1/.4 against Melbourne at home. Seem to remember CS saying that he just let them go/work it out/ play as they wanted. And well it was one of the best 1/4s for many years

I’m not sure he was the worst but he had the worst attitude. Just a complete lack of intensity.
He played like someone who didn't give a s**t and was pissed off with the club and is leaving. Maybe he's not happy with his contract. No idea.

I look at our leadership, and compare it to Jones, who is such an honest trier, and obviously loves being a demon despite the crap he has gone through for years.

In comparison, Selwood started getting frustrated and have away an inexcusable free which cost is a goal, and Dangerfield gave away 6 free kicks...6!!

I would not be against leadership being removed from them, and if they don't like it, move on. Only problem, I don't know who should get it..... Tom Stewart? He seems to be the only one who embodies the spirit I want to see.

What also stood out at me was a demon running after a goal clutching at the Melbourne logo... When did we last have a player with the passion to do this? 2007???

Why would you play Bews in the Forward line if you were Chris Scott.. .
If it was his decision because you are panicking, have no idea, will do anything even if it makes no sense, because it is not about the now it is about the next game-any or all of that. That is the way he has always coached.

Can we make Scarlett head coach? He practically coached Geelong 2011
Ha ha. I'm reminded of the USSR after Trotsky was expelled, then the photos of him were removed, his speeches burnt, then he was airbrushed out of the photos of Lenin with comrades, as if he didn't exist. Yes Scott did not coach in 2011 it was Stalin, sorry, Scarlett.

We need the take no crap mid fielder.

Joel’s third quarter turnover was born out of frustration from being rough housed by Melbourne.

Where is that player like Max Rooke or Martt Scarlett who runs up to those piece of dirt taggers and says do it again and you are going to get hurt.

Happened all year, we are undisciplined because we don’t have a player prepared to hand out the discipline

Steve Baker would think it’s Christmas playing against us in 2018.

Last edited:
Holy Trinity...an absolute failure. Doesn't help that there hasn't been a ruckman sighted at Geelong since Ottens retired. And how about that coach...what a beauty. What a P.O.S. He just passifies everyone with
1. 'I'm not going to go into great detail here' followed by 'we've been quite clear'
2. 'it's too soon to tell', followed by the old bathwater adage (timeless)
Whereas he should just start a press conference by saying 'Just in case I ramble off subject, i want to apologise to all supporters for a very poor turnout today by players and coaches alike. We were un prepared for the match'.
Good heavens really????? We were unprepared- that is your job CS

41298141_2107767855909286_3766141652314357760_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct weight sir.
If we had 21 others with Selwood's guts and determination we'd be playing next week.

His leadership is the least of our concerns.
Agreed. But he needs a damn good spanking for that naughty altercation at a critical time in the game. I hope Scott hands the cane to Scarlo, he won't do it lightly.

We need the take no crap mid fielder.

Joel’s third quarter turnover was born out of frustration from being rough housed by Melbourne.

Where is that player like Max Rooke or Martt Scarlett who runs up to those piece of dirt taggers and says do it again and you are going to get hurt.

Happened all year, we are undisciplined because we don’t have a player prepared to hand out the discipline

Steve Baker would think it’s Christmas playing against us in 2018.
Cockatoo would be the man if he ever plays again.

I feel like 20017-2011 were an aberration. We are back to being an individual team of champions, instead of a champion team.

Remember the criticism of us between 2004-2006 that we didn't have any stars? Well, look how that turned out. It created a team that played for each other, where every players strived to be the best that they could be for the TEAM.

But now we are back to having unbelievable top end talent, which means the lesser ranked players are waiting for the super stars to fix everything. It's time for the assistant coaches to get cleaned out, and some new ideas to come in. Everyone is too comfortable. Another wasted season.

You must have forgotten what you wrote; "There is ZERO accountability at this club" to which I corrected you.

Except you didn’t.
I was talking about accountability within the club and accountability for poor results and performances. Of which there isn’t any.
You posted how members elect a board...

Is it fair that umpires/AFL hierarchy can influence results?

If I watched an AFL game in the first half of the season and then watched last nights game Cats v Demons I’d be watching 2 totally different umpired games on how to interpret-ate the rules.

How the game was umpired in the first half of the season compared to last night would possibly sway losses to wins and vice versa for teams. Hence the ability to make finals.

The AFL seriously needs to be consistent with their rule interpretations for an entire season. Not just 3-4 week blocks at a time.

- That was posted by a ex-AFL player.

The Dangerfield no-mark push in the back and the Hawkins similar mark were the worst decisions I've seen in a long time. Absolutely astounding.

I agree on the Joel free near the boundary line, however, looking at the entire event on going to the bench, there was a lot of holding by both Melbourne
players, yet the umpire on the bench chose to not come on and give the 50m penalty to Hawkins did he?

Surely the 4th umpire should have just came on and settled them down, due to it being a 50/50 call each way. However, as we know, we go to the game to
watch the umpires :rolleyes:

I feel like 20017-2011 were an aberration. We are back to being an individual team of champions, instead of a champion team.

Remember the criticism of us between 2004-2006 that we didn't have any stars? Well, look how that turned out. It created a team that played for each other, where every players strived to be the best that they could be for the TEAM.

But now we are back to having unbelievable top end talent, which means the lesser ranked players are waiting for the super stars to fix everything. It's time for the assistant coaches to get cleaned out, and some new ideas to come in. Everyone is too comfortable. Another wasted season.
We never failed at finals like this before the 07-11 period. In the eighties and nineties we had a great finals record.

We used to be an attacking team that took the play on. Ive never seen geelong play such boring football as they do under scott. This is completely new.

err...let's see. Beat Collingwood, the Swans in Sydney, the Giants and Melbourne twice...and got to an Ablett stumble and a metre from the goal post to being the only side to knock off Richmond at the G.
Collingwood is the only side we really had a good win against. We beat Sydney & GWS when they had too many injuries (and Sydney did beat us at home AGAIN), and Melbourne should've beaten us twice during the season, and eventually, when it really counted, they did. All those close one's mean nothing, we still lost. The same problems of depth in the team continued to plague the team for the whole season. The team lost games to sides they should have beaten too, if they were a real top team. There was no way this team was going to go beyond this final. Just not good enough.

But, don't mistake my words as being overly negative. I have said numerous times I think this season is a development year for the club. We have several young players who look like they're going to be good, and their failure this season has more to do with experience and development, than ability. I'm talking about Henry, Narkle, Jones, Cunico, Parfitt, & Parsons. Add the emergence of Kelly and the possible return next season of Cockatoo and the Big Sav, there's something to look forward to. Our bottom 6-8 players inability to bring it when it counts this year (and previous ones too) has been an ongoing issue. But I do think we have some players who (at last) just might see this change.

The year is over for the Cats. No point sugar coating what the club has done this year. Melbourne showed last night when you take Paddy, Gazza, & Joel out of the game the other guys fold, and that's something the club needs to keep working on.

We never failed at finals like this before the 07-11 period. In the eighties and nineties we had a great finals record.

We used to be an attacking team that took the play on. Ive never seen geelong play such boring football as they do under scott. This is completely new.
But we always had great top end talent, but it was our bottom six who stunk. I can't remember too many flags in the 80s and 90s. Totally agree on not being attacking any more. Clarkson made a great comment in his post press conference basically saying that the best teams are system based and just play how they want to play. Scott and co seem to worry about what the opposition are going to do and forget to focus on what WE can do.

. It was a final and he was treating like a game of touch football.

Hear hear.

Man, i know we couldn't win the flag this year, but finals can still be exciting because the game goes up a notch and so do the players' efforts. There will be pressured mistakes, but you just keep trying. That can be fun to watch.

Not with Cam. Seemed like it was all too much of an effort, and if we tried too hard we might have to be burdened with doing it again next week.

He played like someone who didn't give a s**t and was pissed off with the club and is leaving. Maybe he's not happy with his contract. No idea.

He's just signed a new three-year contract so he's not happy with it, that was a very stupid thing to do.

Actually he's looked like that for years. Jogging is his thing, and there's no consequences for it from the powers that be except a new contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back