Opinion Changes for QF v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we are just too slow with 4 tall defenders, same as when we have 4 tall forwards. I’d rather the dash and agility

It’s one of those scenarios where, if we add another tall defender, we are making a change at the expense of our own game plan and structure. Think
Johnson on McGovern, terrorising Lachie Neale etc

While we absolutely should study our opposition and exploit their weaknesses, we need to back what’s worked for us and that means backing our midfielders to limit opposition forward 50 entries and our defenders pushing opposition forwards wide in the 50

Melt day!
Actually, how weird, we have hardly had any melts this year.
Because injury has effectively picked the team.

And of course we've won.

good headaches to have. really feel georgi could light up in a final, but orazio is dangerous and also has the potential to run riot. hmmmmm

gut feel is georgi comes out for raz.

good headaches to have. really feel georgi could light up in a final, but orazio is dangerous and also has the potential to run riot. hmmmmm

gut feel is georgi comes out for raz.
We can't risk Georgiades, surely we've learned from last years Burton mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In finals the ball is on the ground more than usual due to the increased intensity and pressure. Against Geelong, I'm fully expecting them to flood back and swamp our defence, then attempt to retain the ball up the ground with chip kicks until they find one of Hawkins or Cameron.

You know when you have a premiership quality team when you have a genuine dilemma as to who to leave out of your side when all players are fit.

I am feeling optomitic about this game. We have looked slow during the year bu that is because we weren't really playing our finas brand of footy. We were getting the job done. I still believe that we haven't really showed our hand yet. During the year our style was to zone a corral teams. Allir was the intercept sweeper and we dared teams to kick it long. This made it tough for most teams but it gave better teams too much space and us too little time to execute our skills. We still copped the impact injuries but our squad isn't physically stuffed.

As the finals have wore on we have gone back to hunting the opposition. Melbourne doesn't have the finals intensity experience, the Bulldogs are waning because it is hard to play with that intensity all year, Geelong doesn't really have a finals game style, and Brisbane could be the threat albeit they have faild come finals time in the past.

I may be wrong but I had hinted that we changed our gameplan due to Allir Alir. I think this is a calculation tat the coaching staff has hatched. Play possum by doing enough and then building into the finals capaign. Where did we hatch this plan from? Richmond!! They did this every flag year

We can't risk Georgiades, surely we've learned from last years Burton mistake.
Not this week it appears now, but things aren't so risky this year though with the sub. Burton injured last year and we bring on the sub and we were in a GF. Win or lose GM should be ready. Then it gets interesting.

Happy with Raz for Georgiades.

We must find a way to keep Aliir free as an extra number to intercept. Will be a big key to us winning. That means someone else can take Jeremy Cameron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back