Out
McPherson
Frampton

McAdam will stay. You just know it.

In
McKay
Worrell

Come at me.

McKay is much more attacking than McPherson.

Look, I'm down to bring in Ben McKay into our line-up. Looks a capable KPD and we really lacked a second tall. I don't know if North or the AFL will be happy about that decision though.

We know that's not happening

We've never, ever played a game without a 2nd ruckman and never will

We did last year actually. Played Fogarty, Walker and Lynch forward in two matches without Frampton and Himmelberg, and a third with McAsey forward instead of Fogarty

For real??

I was also there, the kicks into him were terrible.

I counted four times he broke free around the 40m spot and tge ball went over his head or 2 metres in front.

Then the skill error turnovers that never entered our firqard line but Tilthorpe beat hus opponent to get free.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I was there too. He didn’t look close to getting to it at times. He couldn’t find himself in the right positions. He just need to find himself in similar positions like Himmelberg found himself in.

Who cares.. Thilthorpe might be a bit off but we’re rebuilding and frampton and Himmelberg are dogshit.. himmelberg wouldve provided nothing more than what frampton did.

And it wouldve been difficult trying to run to the right spots in that SANFL game yesterday when all day the opposition had the ball in their hands!..

in: TT, Hately
Out: frampton, lynch
Cant just play Thilthorpe for the sake of it. Melbourne did it to Watts, look how he ended up!

Fogarty out is a definite, he didn't work in the midfield, he didn't work forward. If Hately were fit that'd be the first change I'd make this week, but he isn't, so I'm at a loss. Is he fit? He didn't play in the SANFL, but I don't see him on the injury list, or anything about a suspension, what's happening there?

We also need to pick a defender who isn't Butts or Doedee, and drop them for a second genuine KPD, Worrell being the presumptive in.

I'd also end the Ned McHenry trial, and bring in someone else. Maybe it's a Pedlar, maybe it's a Newchurch, depends where we want to play him most.

Or perhaps Newchurch for Macadam? Couple of pretty ordinary performance in a row, playing from behind and not doing the ground stuff.

And it begins

I mean, aside from a phwoar bump at the first bounce, and a shepherd in the third quarter, what did he do all game? Fyfe was his man in the midfield and fogarty made no impact there, and up forward he was equally anonymous, not able to take marks or create crumbs with potential via aerial contest. He was an absolute non entity. Even Frampton did more, and he did six tenths of nothing all day.

I mean, aside from a phwoar bump at the first bounce, and a shepherd in the third quarter, what did he do all game? Fyfe was his man in the midfield and fogarty made no impact there, and up forward he was equally anonymous, not able to take marks or create crumbs with potential via aerial contest. He was an absolute non entity. Even Frampton did more, and he did six tenths of nothing all day.
Please stay Wabbit behind your fence
It can be very therapeutic

Yes, the one obvious thought I had after watching the game was that Frampton was better than Fogarty

The correct wording would be that Fogarty was worse than Frampton, given they were both awful.

Milera, Gallucci, Jones, McHenry, Fogarty, McCasey, someone page James Fantasia, he's going to lose his place in the pantheon at this rate.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know right!!!... how dare Fog not be equal to or better than fyfe as a midfielder after two AFL games in the middle!...

wow.

Where is Hately though? He didn't play SANFL, and he wasn't the medical sub.

Probably the victim of us having 5 or so players being touch and go this week. Pulled him (and Murray) out just in case and everyone passed.

Cant just play Thilthorpe for the sake of it. Melbourne did it to Watts, look how he ended up!
Give Thilthorpe another month in the SANFL to find some form. Just play him in one position instead of moving him all over the ground. Bring Himmelberg in for Frampton.

Probably the victim of us having 5 or so players being touch and go this week. Pulled him (and Murray) out just in case and everyone passed.
Pretty common now to hold out a tall and a small for coverage for Sunday games when their SANFL/VFL/WAFL reserves are playing prior to the AFL game.

Well if he's fit then I'm doing

Out: Fogarty, McHenry, McPherson/Kelly/Hamill
In Hately, Pedlar/Newchurch, Worrell

You're going for a throwback to the Adelaide of the last 20 years thing with those kind of calls? Not dropping or resting clearly injured/hampered senior players (Lynch, and McAdam in particular), and instead throwing kids who have shown enough to be persisted with under the bus.

Pretty common now to hold out a tall and a small for coverage for Sunday games when their SANFL/VFL/WAFL reserves are playing prior to the AFL game.

I can accept there is some merit behind it, that said, I can't understand for the life of me why you wouldn't play the one you're not planning on being a sub for at least half a game in the SANFL.

"Matthew Nicks Post-Match: R5" on YouTube

Unchanged. I'm starting to think it's going to take multiple losses before Nick's makes any changes.

Last edited:
We'll agree to disagree then, Kelly is performing quite well, McPherson has been very average. Kelly can also pinch hit on talls as well as smalls, McPherson cannot.
No big Kelly fan but think he’s prob having his best season

agree re McPherson but have no worries about him long term . Not uncommon into a second year of playing AFL to struggle a bit . Wouldn’t surprise to see him get dropped at some point if his form doesn’t improve . Doing enough just for now

Give Thilthorpe another month in the SANFL to find some form. Just play him in one position instead of moving him all over the ground. Bring Himmelberg in for Frampton.
I’m not saying don’t play him but he has to be ready when he does debut. The opposition will hunt him especially if they play a top team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back