Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Vader's been expressing his opinions backed up by reason and interpretations of data.
Not quite.

We could be talking about Himmelberg - Vader will bring up Fog, and how awful he is.

We could be discussing Sloane's return - Vader will bring up Fog, and how awful he is.

We could be talking about anything in any way related to the Crows / Forwards / Mids / Draftees - Vader will bring up Fog, and how awful he is.

That's the bit that is getting boring. It's like when Rabbit couldn't get through a page without bagging the Crouch brothers. It's relentless.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why is everyone so willing to rush brown in ? I see it similar to Lynch situation - senior player clearly carrying an injury that’s affecting his form

just play someone else eg Jones, Worrell
If he's right to go then yeah bring him in..... If not then Jones will do.

Kezza86

Club Legend
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why is everyone so willing to rush brown in ? I see it similar to Lynch situation - senior player clearly carrying an injury that’s affecting his form

I’ve had a similar injury to brown. He definitely should be held back until feeling healthy. The injury neither really heels without rest.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I'd be careful making statements like that. Like it or not the Power is closer to winning a flag than we are. Who knows perhaps they can win two in the next few years and then you will have egg on your face. I wouldn't be gloating about premierships at the moment.
We'll shut the board down if that happens

Oct 20, 2015
In a Galaxy Far, Far Away
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
TBH I'm not that fussed about who we select this week. All I want is to get back to the manic tackle / pressure intensity of the first 3 rounds. Watching opponents shrug tackles and walk in for goals this last couple weeks has been a bit soul crushing.

I don't expect to win this showdown, but as long as we show that effort that we had in spades to start the season then i'll be content. Make them earn every single kick!
Some of this reduced pressure and results is injuries (Sloane out cost us wins vs Freo and the Hawks imo, but other players have niggles which impacts performance)

I suspect another part is that the kids are tired. Need to manage them a bit better, plus rest injured senior players. Looks like they're finally doing that with Lynch, hopefully this continues, and kids get rotated as needed. Wins are great but not the most important thing this year

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
1) Tex playing injured without it being on the injury list is nothing new, I would point you towards the end of 2017 (including and especially the GF) as an example of that.
2) Don’t really understand your point regarding not finding the crows interesting until they’re contesting for finals.
3) I’m sick and tired of the crows finishing a mediocre 7-12th every year. I want to be a club like West Coast that contends and wins flags regularly (and who also bottom out to do so). That means making tough calls on players.
2) first:
This was posted: " I couldn’t care less if we win games at the moment, I’m interested in a club that contends and wins premierships which means building our next premiership side. " to which I replied (did you read it?):
"...then the Crows will not be very interesting to you for a number of years. I doubt they'll be contending for Top 8 until 2023, and for a Flag until 2025-ish, by which time most of the senior players (especially Tex and Sloane) will be gone. ".
ie if it's Finals and Premierships you're "interested" in, you're going to be very disappointed over the next 4-5 years, at least.
1) 2017 is long gone --- different Coach/players/game plan etc. I don't remember Tex being injured for the GF, but in 2018/19 under Pyke many injured Senior players were played --- Tex, Sloane, not to mention the "hamstring awareness" which swept the Club. I've never advocated playing injured players. It makes no sense to me. This year we carried an injured Lynch for 2 games, then the sub fiasco, now he'll be out for 2 weeks. He should not have played Rounds 4 or 5 and a fresh new player might just have been the difference between winning and losing those 2 games. On this point we are in agreement.
3) that's true of every supporter of every Club. I want the Crows to contend every year, but the messes of 2018-19 led to the disasters of 2020. Since 1998 I've hoped and waited, and we should have one at least one more Flag from 2005/6, or 2012, or 2017, but no cigar. Last year was a horror show, and the last 3 rounds have been no better.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows

MrBarry

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2013
Bristol, United Kingdom
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester City
Ian_Perries_Glove
P.S. re: "I’m sick and tired of the crows finishing a mediocre 7-12th every year.", the plain truth is that they don't.
Have a look:
That's the kind of hyperbole that Vader tangles himself up in, sometimes :sneaky: .

No but we have cocked up multiple finals series and I feel as a club, the reasons for that have not actually been properly addressed.

One of these might be thgat we have not done enough to secure top tier talent over the years.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Not quite.

We could be talking about Himmelberg - Vader will bring up Fog, and how awful he is.

We could be discussing Sloane's return - Vader will bring up Fog, and how awful he is.

We could be talking about anything in any way related to the Crows / Forwards / Mids / Draftees - Vader will bring up Fog, and how awful he is.

That's the bit that is getting boring. It's like when Rabbit couldn't get through a page without bagging the Crouch brothers. It's relentless.
Yeah, he does bring up Fog, and how awful he is. A lot! :laughv1:
I meant I thought he'd been reasonable when responding to my replies to him over the last 4-5 pages.

Hey Vader, don't be so subtle. Say what you mean. How do you really feel about Fogarty?? :)

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wouldn't be my choice but we always go with injured experience over debuting a kid. Worrell no chance you'd think. Maybe Jones though, but Brown would need to not even turn up to his 'fitness test' to not pass.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not quite.

Yep, those posters that just keep flogging the same horses s**t me too.

Apr 11, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
No but we have cocked up multiple finals series and I feel as a club, the reasons for that have not actually been properly addressed.

One of these might be thgat we have not done enough to secure top tier talent over the years.

Exactly. I think my point has been taken very literally re ladder position. As a club we are more content to just play finals (to placate our older and impatient supporter base), than to actually bottom out for a year or so,secure elite talent and really build a premiership squad.

Stepover

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Port should be allowed to wear it during Showdowns - doesn't hurt anyone, and good for the rivarly.

Also not sure why people are hanging sh*t on them; they're actually managing Boak - I wish we'd do the same with Tex.

Stuff them, the competition owes them nothing.
They entered as a black white teal club and that’s the end of it.
It’s just a marketing ploy just to further promote this one club never tear us apart BS.
They’re flying high at the moment and think they can rule the roost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I am not too fussed who we bring in this week. I hope I am wrong but we will lose by 100+ points. I don't think we are in a situation where we should feel like we are gifting anyone a game at the moment given about half our players will be lucky to hold their spot.

Back