Opinion Changes Rnd 23 Freo Vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks had plenty to play for tonight and played accordingly. Whereas the Dockers have nothing to gain but injuries. That would obviously change should the Cats lose. But the Cats wont blow the chance to play week1 of finals at home in Geelong.
The other side of the coin is that the fringe players will want to play out of their skins and we are heading toward finals. For them its Mad Monday which might give some of our boys and edge when its on the line. Personally I would tip Saint Kilda if I did in fact tip.

as far as domestic professional sporting leagues around the world go, 'homesickness' seems really overstated in the AFL.
you would be laughed at for even bringing it up in the NBA without having first earnt that right.
But don't they get drafted at 22 after their final year of collage? I'm sure there are plenty of talent 18 / 19 year old Basketballers who can't hack it and drop out and head home at that stage..

If i was a Freo supporter I'd be kind of pissed at Ross Lyon risking losing form and confidence going into the finals by resting half the side. Having said that you guys will still win.... Hopefully for my betting account

If i was a Freo supporter I'd be kind of pissed at Ross Lyon risking losing form and confidence going into the finals by resting half the side. Having said that you guys will still win.... Hopefully for my betting account
I'm not pissed off at all. If we playing simmonds then I'll be wanting to run the cats off their legs. Hopefully the lions take it right up to them today.

Wow not at all, its obvious we are maximising our chances next week. If we played a full team and copped 1-2 injuries i'd be more annoyed.

Josh Simpson spent a year in South Australia as a 16 year old. It would seem highly unlikely he's homesick in Perth. What nonsense.

probably the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen on Facebook was on my feed this morning:

Afl Trade Week & Rumours
· 15,723 like this

13 hours ago ·

• News coming through from freos twitter stating that freo star Mathew Pavlich has told the club he will walk out at the end of this year if they dont win the flag this year. If this is the case freo are looking to snare bulldogs star CHF Liam Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 3/4 time last week rtb told the team to stop going hard and do whatever they can to avoid injuries... He nearly lost it when ballas got that rib tickle.

The mantra for today will be, "don't get hurt".

Geelong still have to actually try so as to avoid coming here to wa, so we'll be nice and rested for next week.

got to remember that there are Freo players in this side playing for a place in the final sides.

Do you still think Freo will beat the saints?

Smallest of chances, and don't really care. The whole "flirting with winning form" thing is pretty shallow as an argument, demonstrated a few years ago in the Hawthorn game. The benefit that a week of gives players with niggles on the other hand is well know.

Awesome chance to see the emerging boys, and great move to rest some weary bodies before trudging back, possibly to Catland, next week.

Not pissed at all. Have to remember, we have to fly over, fly home, then fly back again for a big next week....if it was a rich Vic club they would be hiring their own jet to fly at low altitude.

Not pissed at all. Have to remember, we have to fly over, fly home, then fly back again for a big next week....if it was a rich Vic club they would be hiring their own jet to fly at low altitude.
If I was the football manager, I'd contemplate staying in Melbourne for the final. I mean, why not? Saving a trip back to W.A

#standbylyon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back