Prediction Changes: Round 7 Vs West Coast Eagles + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the guy's an overrated, downhill skiing, bully, bible bashing flog but insinuating that Meek would have the upper hand over natanui is a pipedream.
Our best hope is a fired up Darcy with Fyfe, Mundy, Serong/Brayshaw at his feet and keep crushing their necks til it's ******* done.
They're a proud team that will be backed into a corner from a terrible loss. This will be tough but I'm sick of these flog's dominance. We need to take advantage of their current weakness in the middle of the ground. Time to make a statement and shove them off that inevitable cliff a bit earlier than they're expecting.

I think the guy's an overrated, downhill skiing, bully, bible bashing flog but insinuating that Meek would have the upper hand over natanui is a pipedream.
Our best hope is a fired up Darcy with Fyfe, Mundy, Serong/Brayshaw at his feet and keep crushing their necks til it's ******* done.
They're a proud team that will be backed into a corner from a terrible loss. This will be tough but I'm sick of these flog's dominance. We need to take advantage of their current weakness in the middle of the ground. Time to make a statement and shove them off that inevitable cliff a bit earlier than they're expecting.
Are you describing Scomo? Lol

Simpson resting Kennedy against Geelong solely to save him for the Derby has been a mind ####ing message to his players that even he thought they had no hope against Geelong. An embarrassment of a performance followed and now they are reying on one man to come back in and pick up the pieces

As a result of the flogging their confidence and massive ego's are way down..

No better time to get them

This game will begin and end with our midfield. I think Blakely should play, take some of the inside burden off Fyfe/Mundy and let them get outside more and let Fyfe drift forward more. As long as we move it fast they won't be comfortable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad Treacy was given three games in a row to get him started but I don't think it will hurt him to go back to the WAFL and earn his next chance. Honestly would be happy to see Meek back in, he does enough to get Darcy up forward and that's a good thing.

Other than that no changes except covering for injuries.
Dont think Meek has what it takes to worry NN so we throw Darcy into the ruck to level out the midfield battle.What did we do with Meek then?

Liam Ryan is also an issue. His pace up the ground gives us problems

We can win it out of the guts all day but if our delivery doesn't improve and we continue to to bomb long and strong (quote Eddie *******) there backs will have a field day. We must hit targets, failing that I'm all for tactical kicks along the ground - unconventional yes but shulz and Sonny would tear fatty and co a new anus

Cut off Kennedy’s supply by starving their midfield and that match-up becomes less pivotal.
You’re right, but Kennedy can capitalise on limited opportunity far better than anyone in our forward line. He can easily turn 15 x 50/50 contests into 10 shots on goal if his direct opponent isn’t up to it and he’s good enough to convert most of those. Our midfield slowing/disrupting supply is the 1st issue to solve, but it’s not the end of the equation. Solid 1v1 defending has the potential to be the decisive match winner IMO.

I’m actually torn about the Treacy v Sturt inclusion now. Tabs looks good as our deep forward, we know Sturt can play that role but can he provide a contest higher up the ground and give the required pressure like Treacy? (Even if Treacy struggles to get the ball).

Maybe one more game for Cyclone and regardless of how he performs you rest him up in the WAFL a couple of weeks and give Sturt a few games in a row. Would like to see both alternating through out the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back