Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupercededMan

Team Captain
May 10, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It is a bit a furphy that the blues are our bogie side. I have gone back to when Bevo started coaching:

2015 Win
2016 Win
2017 Win
2018 2 wins
2019 1 win each
2020 Loss

That is 6 wins out of out 8 games or 75% success rate. Hardly fearful statistics.
Spot on. I'm amazed at how many teams are our 'bogey' side. LOL.

Doggy

Brownlow Medallist
May 20, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reading between the lines of the medical report, I don't think we'll rush English or VDM back.

I think Weightman's good game in the reserves is bad luck for West.

Wallis comes in as the Dunkley replacement in the midfield and adds more value than Hannan.

Schache goes out and Sweet comes itn for another crack.

JJ failed big time against top opposition. Don't want him racking up 20 against Carltank and getting back into Cruse mode. Butler or Hayes to come in.

Scott: inj/rest

Out: Johannisen, Schache, West, Hannan, Scott

In: Sweet, Wallis, Weightman, Hayes, Butler

B: Wood Keath Daniel
HB: Crozier Cordy Dale
C: Hunter Liberatore Smith
HF: Treloar Naughton Bontempelli
FF: McNeill Bruce Weightman
FOL: Martin Macrae Wallis

Int: Sweet Lipinski Butler Dureya
Sub:Hayes
Don't want to win?

We should really give them a touch up at Marvel. Other than Mckay they dont have much up forward and they have been leaking goals left right and centre. If we are a premiership contender we should dispatch them by 6-10 goals
do Koning comes in this week. He's quality and we don't have a decent second KPD to take him

SharkMeister4

Senior List
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
ill be annoyed in west gets dropped, he had an absolute stinker but hell be better off for it. if he pulls that off again then get the axe to re claim his spot

weightmans game looked nice in the vfl, id like to see him come in for jj. JJ is looking very lost and needs to find himself again. shache to come out for english, or if english isnt pulling up like some are saying then id like to see lewis young back in down back to provide some ruck support. if there is no english id like wally to come back in and play his marking role

so, in: weightman, young, english/wallis
out: jj, cordy, shache

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That's on the short side, these days, I reckon. And yes, some our best players are shorter. BTW, McRae, a midfielder, is 191 cm.
Yeah in the old days you could get away with a shorter player in defence (eg Kretiuk, or Campbell Brown) but that was when a lot of key forwards weren’t that tall. Guys like Lloyd and Fev were around the 190-192cm mark.

Key forwards are mostly around 200cm these days and mobile. Even though he’s still developing you can’t put a mid sized player on someone like English, and definitely not on guys like the Kings, Brown and Hawkins.

Hearing English will miss this week as well, still has headaches. Sweet a must this week, really think not playing him last week hurt us…Wallis must come in as well IMO.
If English is indeed out, I agree regarding Sweet. Martin is showing signs of the demands of No 1 ruck catching up with him. He's going to need a lot of assistance to see the season out IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 11, 2008
West Footscray
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Well, what's your interpretation? :)
Can see both sides really. We have all the makings of an excellent side (except for a competent second key defender) but we still can't completely be trusted when things don't go our way.

So in answer. I have my reservations about our ability to adapt but will hold off anything definitive until I get more data.

This isn't about winning games by the by. It is more about the qualitative aspects within those games. For example the Brisbane win was by far a better win than the Gold Coast game in my opinion. Despite the scoreboard.

Overall all teams lose. Hopefully this week is a bounce back, something we've struggled with in recent years with losses at times compounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back