Prediction Changes v Carlton Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If English doesn't make it this week, I think I'd prefer Wallis to come in over Schache. He played his best in a Naughton and Bruce headlined midfield.

If English doesn't make it this week, I think I'd prefer Wallis to come in over Schache. He played his best in a Naughton and Bruce headlined midfield.

Was at the game last week and watched Schache pretty closely. Was a train wreck of a game to be honest. Hasn't developed physically. Doesn't back himself.

Rather have Wallis making Carlton's mids earn a hard ball.

Was at the game last week and watched Schache pretty closely. Was a train wreck of a game to be honest. Hasn't developed physically. Doesn't back himself.

Rather have Wallis making Carlton's mids earn a hard ball.

Schache looks so skinny still. Even English looks 4x bigger than him. It's a real worry that he's unable to put on the size to compete and it may be the thing that maybe keeping him from wanting to go into contests and push his body around.

JJ’s 150th being this week has probably saved his spot... really hoping he has a return to form game.

*Cordy will be gone for Khamis.
* The question is if they give west another chance or just put McNeil back in.
* Schache for English (if fit) or Wallis

Somehow Scott will hold on again

My prediction:

Buku in for Cordy. Wood to play taller.
If fit, VDM for West. If not, wouldn’t be surprised to see McNeil come back into the 22.
If English recovers, obvious in for Schache. If not, have a feeling we might bring Sweet back and play him and Martin together. Not sure how well it will work, just a feeling. Even if Tim does get up Sweet might give Stef a week off anyway

My prediction:

Buku in for Cordy. Wood to play taller.
If fit, VDM for West. If not, wouldn’t be surprised to see McNeil come back into the 22.
If English recovers, obvious in for Schache. If not, have a feeling we might bring Sweet back and play him and Martin together. Not sure how well it will work, just a feeling. Even if Tim does get up Sweet might give Stef a week off anyway
If English doesnt get up then Schache is in based off Bevo's comments. He wouldnt go too top heavy with the 2 rucks. Bevo also alluded to Lewy young maybe coming in as well. I really like the way some of our younger guys are developing in Butler and Garcia. Looking forward to them both getting a crack very soon

True but Carlton hasn't had a genuine 2nd tall forward option to available this year for more than 2 games.
Hopefully DeKonig or jsos will make a change.
Casboult has unfortunately been a waste of space this yr.

Would Casboult make a good defender? Asking for a friend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be filthy if we don’t play 2 talls at the back. Mackay is in good form and we don’t need to let Casboult get back some marking form. Key forwards marking the ball gives the whole team a lift. We have tried this crap against Carlton before a couple of years ago and got caught out. Surely the MC have learnt from that?

I will be filthy if we don’t play 2 talls at the back. Mackay is in good form and we don’t need to let Casboult get back some marking form. Key forwards marking the ball gives the whole team a lift. We have tried this crap against Carlton before a couple of years ago and got caught out. Surely the MC have learnt from that?
I think it's pretty obvious that Young & Cordy aren't the answer as our 2nd KPD and we're better off running without one until Gardner is back. I mean what's the point of playing them as KPD when they are quite frankly horrible in every one on one and fail to impact the game. We may as well try something a bit different and play someone who might actually impact the contest.

Agree, they will play DeKoning who is the same size as McKay and much more talented than Casboult. They will probably also play Casboult and try and stretch us.

I don't care if it's Cordy or Young but we can't be playing Buku or Wood as our second tall.

I think it's pretty obvious that Young & Cordy aren't the answer as our 2nd KPD and we're better off running without one until Gardner is back. I mean what's the point of playing them as KPD when they are quite frankly horrible in every one on one and fail to impact the game. We may as well try something a bit different and play someone who might actually impact the contest.
I agree Young and Corey aren’t great but playing on Casboult is a far different prospect than playing on Lynch. I would back both to do a decent job on Casboult, much more than Wood or even Khamis.

Is Cordy really gonna make a difference on Casboult or McKay? Take the hit in these positions and get em somewhere else. We may as well play Daniel on one of them he’d probably put some body on at least
It felt like Lynch took a mark in every single contest that Cordy was involved in. Like you said, we may as well had Caleb on him as the end result would've been the same and at least other areas of the game could be impacted. At the same time, not a great recipe for success so hopefully Khamis will offer some sort of resistance as an aeriel presence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back