Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Irrelevant that he "can't kick". He can bloody well defend and he'll give everything for the jumper.
Mate. It’s not 1975 where back pockets were just that … back pockets. Limited possessions 1v1 lockdown defenders hitting the boundary line , punching from Behind & hacking it forward to Malcolm Blight.

Totally not against that.

World like to see Sellers & Larkey together for a few weeks in a row though. Can’t see who we drop after recent performances from Drury, Curtis & Elvis.
Zurhaar back this week means someone has to be dropped.
I think George is injured. Maybe needs a rest

I guess Phillips and George are the only VFL guys with a shot at being included. There may well be no changes. I’m sorry, Nostradamus, I think you’re going to have to wait for, at least, two years before you get any gratification.

Surprised how poorly Larkey has played against the Hawks historically - is he due for a bag?

WilPhil in for McKercher (have a rest lad, get the ribs healed).
Archer in for Stephens.
If K.Dawson is right, in for Corr.
If Bull is fit in for Duursma (have a run in VFL and dominate games lad).
I'd be tempted to give Riley his debut.
Sellers stays needs to adjust to seniors and form partnership with Larkey.

Biggie on Chol.
Chom/Dawson on Lewis.
Dawson/Chom on Ramsden.
Fisher picks on Ginni (LMac will get frustrated and give frees all day).
Archer on Hardwick/MacDonald
LMac on Maginness/Moore
Sheez can say hello to his old mate MacKenzie if he plays HF.

Lucky for us the Wiz is out...l would lose it if he kicked 5;)

Battle of the wooden spoon
spoon GIF

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lose this game, oh dear

It will really solidify that we are so ******* s**t and the confidence will be ruined

There has to be a statement made in this one. I know its only one game but with all the s*t that's gone on with hawks, can the boys pay some respect to Clarko and ****** win for him at least?!

This game will show us where we actually are, and tbh I am nervous
As long as Clarkson steps up as well and makes some manoeuvres during the game.

Mitchell flogged him last year. Clarkson is barely making discernible changes during games.

From watching a bit of the VFL, part of me already wants to see Curtis Taylor brought into the side.

I get we've all written him off, but he might still have more to offer on the wing than both Tucker and Stephens.

However, if we're adjusting the wing rotation I'd prefer if Archer came in and pushed Scott up the ground. Archer will never be that damaging rebounder, but he might be the best medium defender on our entire list. Scott has been fine down back, but I'm still not comfortable playing all of Fisher, Sheezel, and Scott down back, and we all know Scott's best spot is on the wing.

If we lose I cant seriously see us winning more than one or two games for the year

If we win, i can see it give our young group to use the confidence and get like 4-6 games. It will set up our year.

There is a lot of pressure but i am worried Hawks will see this as another opportunity to absolutely destroy us defensively and we are the worst team, especially in the midfield, at that exact skill.

We have to do something a bit different. Maybe some harsh truths

If we lose I cant seriously see us winning more than one or two games for the year

If we win, i can see it give our young group to use the confidence and get like 4-6 games. It will set up our year.

There is a lot of pressure but i am worried Hawks will see this as another opportunity to absolutely destroy us defensively and we are the worst team, especially in the midfield, at that exact skill.

We have to do something a bit different. Maybe some harsh truths

The pressure is nervewracking lol. If Eagles keep up their recent form then I don't know where our next win will come from. Would have to catch an average team on a bad day, not ideal at all... we have to beat the Hawks here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back