Preview Changes v The Bye....and Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf is his rationale for that?
We're playing Geelong this weekend. I'm going to take a wild guess that has something to do with it.

Hinkleys interview on 5AA on Friday, basically conceding that our defensive press/forward half game is failing really concerns me. He basically said that this year's attack from the back isn't by design, we aren't doing that to be more efficient, we're doing it because we're failing to lock it in which is still our plan first and foremost.

So for me to win this we're going to need a huge step up defensively to pull this one out. We have struggled to stop teams that possess the ball and patiently move it forward and that is literally Geelongs 1 wood.

Obviously we need to do well in the middle or it is goodnight nurse, but that ability to defend, create turnovers and/or repeat entries will be critical.

Geelong often get caught out by teams that come out with ferocious early intent, a bit like us, they sorta warm into games. So hopefully we turn up the tempo from the first bounce. This game is crucial to any lofty hopes we have.

Hinkleys interview on 5AA on Friday, basically conceding that our defensive press/forward half game is failing really concerns me. He basically said that this year's attack from the back isn't by design, we aren't doing that to be more efficient, we're doing it because we're failing to lock it in which is still our plan first and foremost.

So for me to win this we're going to need a huge step up defensively to pull this one out. We have struggled to stop teams that possess the ball and patiently move it forward and that is literally Geelongs 1 wood.

Obviously we need to do well in the middle or it is goodnight nurse, but that ability to defend, create turnovers and/or repeat entries will be critical.

Geelong often get caught out by teams that come out with ferocious early intent, a bit like us, they sorta warm into games. So hopefully we turn up the tempo from the first bounce. This game is crucial to any lofty hopes we have.
The new rule has made our game plan obsolete as I thought it might.
We use to take the man on the mark on anyway now everyone is doing it.

100% forget about our premiership chances this year if we lose this game.
Lol no.

We could easily lose this one and still win the flag.

We need to get as many wins as we can in the short term but losing these "losable" games while we wait for the troops to return isn't the end of the world.

What happens when we are back to close to full strength and finals are approaching is what matters.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol no.

We could easily lose this one and still win the flag.

We need to get as many wins as we can in the short term but losing these "losable" games while we wait for the troops to return isn't the end of the world.

What happens when we are back to close to full strength and finals are approaching is what matters.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We just need to do whatever it takes to sneak in the top 4 with our injuries. From then we’ll see if our fully fit team is good enough. Only issue is at the moment I don’t know if our side is good enough to pick up those wins to get us in the top 4.

This is why you've seen SPP play as that pressure forward

And why I think the sturt bloke will get games

Here's an idea AFL. Instead of worrying about navigating border restrictions in states that can handle covid properly, why don't you be the adults in the room, stop pandering to the overgrown babies that play the game and move them out of your covid infested shithole to places where the games can be played safely and freely?

Gerard the Oracle Whately is the biggest f*n nerd w***er on radio. He acts like this unbiased neutral football philosopher, but hes just as bad, if not worse than all the victorian commentators.
Totally agree he's a wordy nerdburger who unfortunately is a puppet for the AFLPA, he's potentially quite damaging to the game from his pulpit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gerard the Oracle Whately is the biggest f*n nerd w***er on radio. He acts like this unbiased neutral football philosopher, but hes just as bad, if not worse than all the victorian commentators.

Hay, he came from the ABC, so he must have integrity!

Collingwood literally just played in SA with no issues.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but "be as tough as Collingwood" is now the height of the bar they need to clear.
I knew this would happen. SA gov are probably being even more difficult this weekend.. we're not the crows and get special exemptions not to quarantine and be "educated" rather than fined about breaking restrictions

Yep ken didn't adjust our game plan for the new rules this year...
It's unfortunate.

Here's an idea AFL. Instead of worrying about navigating border restrictions in states that can handle covid properly, why don't you be the adults in the room, stop pandering to the overgrown babies that play the game and move them out of your covid infested shithole to places where the games can be played safely and freely?

It would help if SA put their hands up for once and pushed for hubs or anything really....

Was it talked about why our forward press doesn't exist anymore?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back