Analysis Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be bothered looking up his highlights reel but iirc saw glimpses of him in a Polly type role i.e. linkup give n go line breaker.
If we lose the Polecat to greenback pastures he might morph into a Polly clone.
I watched the 1st 1/2 of the showdown last night and geez this kid looks exciting. Very upbeat about him.
For all of his obvious talents his 2nd goal came about thru' gut running to get on the end of a Jack Watts h/ball
and hey what's not to like about that. In different ways just as happy with Lienert too.
Hope we’ve unearthed a gem :)

Hombsch out for Doogs if Doogs is fit.

Pittard out for someone, anyone. Just drop him and never let him return. He doesn't have the excuse of being an early career player anymore. He hasn't developed any more composure with experience. He just isn't good enough and never will be.
See what you did wrong was you didn't say "out for someone, anyone [other than Johnson]".

Sam Gray was actually not bad up forward when he was in form earlier in the year so I hope he can get back to that. Me saying that is like someone else saying Bradman was a pretty good !st drop for Australia :) Took poor Sammy about a year and a half to convince me he deserved to be in the team.

You don't need to lock the ball up forward if you don't turn it over in the forward line. We are so ******* dysfunctional up-forward then yeah sadly we probably need an Aidyn. But it is a blight on Hinkley and other coaches over the journey that our skills are still such that we need to play low-skill, high possession tactics. Really disheartening in some ways that our foot skills especially have not improved since 2014 (Wines I hope you read this).

I've thought for a couple of weeks that SPP has been ineffective. I know he is a a grunt player but he should look to Robbie to see how important it is to get the balance between grunt and genius right (and he does have genius to give). The midfield looks more balanced to me as a result if Robbie plays more time in there the way SPP has been playing lately.
Yes!! Robbie into the mids. Now that Wingard has some of his confidence back he can go forward. That's where they both play their best footy.

Don’t know that’s why I posted. Not sure where he played when recruited.

He played most football as a half back, but during his draft year transitioned to a small forward. At this stage I wouldn't be thinking mid for Farrell, but in a few years, he could potentially develop into a wingman/outside mid.

I spose we are trying different things and being s big brsve with our selections. Maybe we learnt from the non selection of Frampton a few eeeks back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back