Analysis Changes v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Beyond that, if we're that keen on taking a risk on Johnson based purely on what he might be able to eventually bring in terms of filling a tactical role we lack, why was he instantly scotched after his last promotion?

Would it not make more sense to ignore an underwhelming performance at AFL level and let him acclimate for at least 2-3 weeks, rather than dropping him after 1, where he's been no great shakes either, and then re-promoting him?

It's all seems rather desperate and unplanned at this point.

At this point , just listen to lade talk and it's painfully clear how dumb we are

At this point , just listen to lade talk and it's painfully clear how dumb we are

How dumb Lade is.

When the revolution comes he’s first against the wall.

Off topic. I am sick of talking to Crow supporters who want to play us in the finals. They are so sure they will win and why not given the last 4 years. Can't wipe the smile off their faces.

Thanks coaches and players for turning yourselves into the arch rivals play thing.

AJ is really important to our side because our forward pressure is horrible. I dont see SANFL so cant comment on his form but much rather he comes in than Neade or Amon or Thomas.

I feel like we'd be in a much better position now if we'd persisted with Barry for a few more weeks instead of bringing Amon in early in the season, stuck with AJ rather than dropping him for a poor comeback game and playing Frampton up forward in place of Marshall instead of rotating smalls through. Seems like we're chasing our tails a bit now and the season is almost over.

Is there a 2 year minimum on nationally drafted players? I would've thought even if we did delist him it would've been to demote him to our rookie list, rather than waste the money.

Almost. Players over 23 and anybody who has been on an AFL list (senior or rookie) can be offered a 1 year contract. Otherwise they get a minimum 2 year contract with terms defined by the AFL CBA, although teams can offer more if they want to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best on ground? Did everyone else get injured?
No-one is gonna rag on the kid if he picks up 12-15 impactful possessions and kicks a goal or two. The expectations aren't massive.

I think his career best AFL figures are 14 possessions and 2 goals. So that's a career best game right there.

With our total free kick differential being -13 and Bonner and SPP bringing -45 to the table, maybe we can expect a slightly better treatment from the men in white. But I hope Ken hasn't based his dropping of either of those players on the free kick count or he really has lost the plot.

With our total free kick differential being -13 and Bonner and SPP bringing -45 to the table, maybe we can expect a slightly better treatment from the men in white. But I hope Ken hasn't based his dropping of either of those players on the free kick count or he really has lost the plot.
that would be great except WCE are the umpires 2nd favourite team who have a free kick differential of +77

Off topic. I am sick of talking to Crow supporters who want to play us in the finals. They are so sure they will win and why not given the last 4 years. Can't wipe the smile off their faces.

Thanks coaches and players for turning yourselves into the arch rivals play thing.

Lol they're like the Norwood supporters who always used to tell us we wouldn't have won all those grand finals if we had been playing them. Minor issue of them not actually being good enough to make it not withstanding.

that would be great except WCE are the umpires 2nd favourite team who have a free kick differential of +77
Away from Perth they are -3. They've usually been pretty close in the count on the road except against Carlton(what a surprise) where the count was 16-25. Even at the scene of one of our greatest reamings, Bellerive, they won the count 17-16.

Almost. Players over 23 and anybody who has been on an AFL list (senior or rookie) can be offered a 1 year contract. Otherwise they get a minimum 2 year contract with terms defined by the AFL CBA, although teams can offer more if they want to.
Do they go into the draft with terms ie will take one year contract? Will play for food. I dont see much point keeping barry or the rest of our depth players. Time to refresh. Im loving this draft for port

Sam Gray was actually not bad up forward when he was in form earlier in the year so I hope he can get back to that. Me saying that is like someone else saying Bradman was a pretty good !st drop for Australia :) Took poor Sammy about a year and a half to convince me he deserved to be in the team.

You don't need to lock the ball up forward if you don't turn it over in the forward line. We are so ******* dysfunctional up-forward then yeah sadly we probably need an Aidyn. But it is a blight on Hinkley and other coaches over the journey that our skills are still such that we need to play low-skill, high possession tactics. Really disheartening in some ways that our foot skills especially have not improved since 2014 (Wines I hope you read this).

I've thought for a couple of weeks that SPP has been ineffective. I know he is a a grunt player but he should look to Robbie to see how important it is to get the balance between grunt and genius right (and he does have genius to give). The midfield looks more balanced to me as a result if Robbie plays more time in there the way SPP has been playing lately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back