Preview Changes vs Richmond, Round 11, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

trying 2 rucks smacks of indecision for me, too scared to make the call.

I can’t see it working as neither is a decent forward, lycett is a lumberer and ladhams can’t take a pack mark.

Even less chance if it’s a wet/ greasy night

trying 2 rucks but smacks of indecision for me, too scared to may the call.

I can’t see it working as neither is a decent forward, lycett is a lumberer and ladhams can’t take a pack mark.

I’d rather this than an out of form Westhoff clogging a spot.

Ladhams has been killing it.

As long as Ladhams brings it to ground in the contest and they aren't taking record intercept marks like last year. Just need to get ready for the crumbs as Vlaustin and Short are ferocious on the loose balls

If the forward line was Dixon, Marshall and MG, I would agree with you.

I actually think this is the right game to play 2 rucks. Richmond are a little like Port in the sense that they are actually short in defence. Brisbane had 8 players over 190cm on Tuesday, including 3 over 200cm. If they kicked straight, it could have been a different game.

Im good with these changes, Ladhams is mobile enough to act as a genuine forward esp at Ground level... just stay out of the way of Big Dix.

Completely off topic, with everyone praising the Crows effort but unfortunately couldn't maintain it the full 4 quarters, all I could think " go hardery longery...... "

Emergencies are Bergman, Bonner, Drew and Sutcliffe

great to see Bergman and drew as emergencies

I’m shocked that drew went from out injured for a bit to “knocking on the door for selection” according to port very quickly. Was worried he might be a bit off the boil but must have been able to keep his fitness up.

I’d rather this than an out of form Westhoff clogging a spot.

Ladhams has been killing it.

Ladhams has been terrific.
It's going to be wet Saturday so it doesn't matter but I'd still be worried about the mix with both Rucks and both Rocky and Ollie in the side. Rocky works with Ladhams in the side Rocky counters Ladhams shortcomings in ruck Ladhams as a midfielder gives us something extra around the ground. With Lycetts ruck work maybe we are better off with an outside player rather than another mid?
Tommorow is a wet miserable slog and Rocky and Ollie should be suited but a dry track it might not look as good?

Ladhams has been terrific.
It's going to be wet Saturday so it doesn't matter but I'd still be worried about the mix with both Rucks and both Rocky and Ollie in the side. Rocky works with Ladhams in the side Rocky counters Ladhams shortcomings in ruck Ladhams as a midfielder gives us something extra around the ground. With Lycetts ruck work maybe we are better off with an outside player rather than another mid?
Tommorow is a wet miserable slog and Rocky and Ollie should be suited but a dry track it might not look as good?

I’d rather think bigger picture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm if Watts has been training or playing trials? I knew he went back to Melbourne for a bit the other week and haven't seen anything since. His social media now has no mention or images at port, where I know there used to be. Probably nothing but just wanted to confirm

Can anyone confirm if Watts has been training or playing trials? I knew he went back to Melbourne for a bit the other week and haven't seen anything since. His social media now has no mention or images at port, where I know there used to be. Probably nothing but just wanted to confirm
I did see a clip of him at Alberton vs the crows.

Ken or someone mentioned him the other day during a 5aa interview, he had a death in the family travelled to vic and has been in quarantine back here since

I’m shocked that drew went from out injured for a bit to “knocking on the door for selection” according to port very quickly. Was worried he might be a bit off the boil but must have been able to keep his fitness up.
I think people are reading too much into the selection of emergencies when it comes to how close players are for selection. We had Nicks saying that they'd named Fogarty one game because it allowed them to get an extra contact training session into him.

Wouldn't be surprised if we're doing the same thing with emergencies to get more training into some players.

Urgh feel like Garner is the replacement closest to Mayes in type but Lienert to be Fair played well against the Dees

like the 2 Rucks more than any negatives this week
Please please Jebus can 2 Ladhams keep his form and Hoff out of the 22 from here

Last edited:

Nope 2 rucks against 2 rucks makes sense, not indecision.

Lycett v Soldho big strong blokes battling it out and Ladhams v Chol the athletic young blokes against each other.

2 premiership players in, Caddy and Rioli, and 1 out, Cotchin. So to reconcile my post on the previou page

Premiership players missing are Astbury, Edwards, Houli, Prestia, Cotchin and Nankervis. Ellis went free agent to GC. So that's 6 of their best out and 7 from the flag side.

They have replaced those 7 players with some decent players. 2017 flag player McIntosh, Stack, Balta, and Chol with youngsters I don't much about Aarts, Ross and Eggmolesse-Smith.

Was training yesterday.....

Not sure watts gets a game if our 3 kpds don't get injured. Which is sad looked like he was going to be best 22 before his injury.

2 premiership players in, Caddy and Rioli, and 1 out, Cotchin. So to reconcile my post on the previou page

Premiership players missing are Astbury, Edwards, Houli, Prestia, Cotchin and Nankervis. Ellis went free agent to GC. So that's 6 of their best out and 7 from the flag side.

They have replaced those 7 players with some decent players. 2017 flag player McIntosh, Stack, Balta, and Chol with youngsters I don't much about Aarts, Ross and Eggmolesse-Smith.

Aarts is a mature age recruit, small forward mostly there for his pressure. Sam Gray type. Jack Ross is a young inside mid. Probably the most similar player on our list would be Atley, Ross is a bit better than Atley but still not somebody I'd be particularly worried about. Eggmolese-Smith is a running defender who has taken Houli's spot down back while Houli is staying home.

Aarts is a mature age recruit, small forward mostly there for his pressure. Sam Gray type. Jack Ross is a young inside mid. Probably the most similar player on our list would be Atley, Ross is a bit better than Atley but still not somebody I'd be particularly worried about. Eggmolese-Smith is a running defender who has taken Houli's spot down back while Houli is staying home.
I saw them play against Brisbane but that's it. All 3 did very little.

I hope they don't have a Sydney Stack day out like last year when he was playing his 2nd or 3rd game and shone against us. They are not going to replace the output of premiership players so we have to exploit that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back