Opinion Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Ladhams was unlucky. Carried the ruck for 4 weeks and then was shoved into a different role where he still got 15 possessions and 6 tackles (equal se.ond highest in the team) The fact Sydney only have Hickey may have counted against him, and the fact Ken loves Marshall. Marshall better do something this week

Inb4 Simple Joe trips over his bootlaces and knocks himself out in the first ten minutes.

What I want to happen versus what will.

What will happen.
Outs : Ladhams, Gray, Jones
Ins : Marshall, Hartlett, Fantasia

What I want to happen.
Outs : Ladhams, Gray, Jones, DBJ
Ins : Marshall, Fantasia, Garner, Hayes

The one that will sh*t me most is Harlett back in. Took forever to be dropped, when Hinkley never wanted him to be. He's wanted him back, but added spinelessness to stupidity, by not even having the courage to properly argue he's good enough for a return, by making him medical sub as a backdoor selection.
Close enough, Andre

When Lachie & Robbie went down it was going to be pretty obvious who was to come in after the dust had settled after the Maggie’s game.
Dylan for Robbie and as much as I am against Hartlett been given a spot in the Power 22 he was going to be replacement for Lachie. His gold pass is still in place with the Kenny led selection team and I sort of agree with his selection. His days will be numbered although, with the return, from injury, of Tom C and to lesser degree, Xavier.
Players like Bonner, Garner & Frederick will be super glued to the Maggie’s, unless they put more effort into training and in performing their roles with the Maggie’s - straight from the Kenny’s player management book!
It was either going to be Marshall or Ladhams so the coined was tossed and Todd won!
Ladhams will either be the “travelling” sub or the medi-sub. I hope that the medi role will be for him.

Last edited:
ladhams is not better than Marshall, i don't have any stats to back this up but it's the vibe.

Like Mabo, I actually agree with you in that I'd play Marshall over Ladhams as a pure forward, Lycett is back and Dixon can substitute.
The AFL have a 'hard one for Sean Darcy from Fremantle at the moment and Ladhams won that duel clearly with a couple of goals at the most important times so I'm more than happy with his development.

This Ladhams is unlucky dribble is nauseating he's number 3 in ruck ability & nigh on useless as a marking target, I'd trade him in a heartbeat his presence is hurting a more gifted young ruck in Hayes. Move him on and draft a kid to develop under Lycett & Hayes.

This Ladhams is unlucky dribble is nauseating he's number 3 in ruck ability & nigh on useless as a marking target, I'd trade him in a heartbeat his presence is hurting a more gifted young ruck in Hayes. Move him on and draft a kid to develop under Lycett & Hayes.

His presence isn't hurting Hayes. Blame the coaches for not picking him.

If we traded Ladhams I'd hope our ruck division would look like this.

Lycett
Hayes
Insurance ruck on the cheap that can play forward and is happy to play SANFL.
Development ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we traded Ladhams I'd hope our ruck division would look like this.

Lycett
Hayes
Insurance ruck on the cheap that can play forward and is happy to play SANFL.
Development ruck.

is that an issue?

Port’s best structure is 1 ruck. The only part that might be an issue is Hayes is more of a pure ruck, whilst Ladhams is more ruck/forward.

once again, comparing a guy who has played 20ish games to a guy who has played none and expecting them to better than a mix of Nick Nat and Grundy from game 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back