Opinion Changes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d bring Marshall back through the SANFL and stick with Dixon, MG and Ladhams.
I do not think we missed Marshall today. Dixon, Georgiades and Ladhams up forward is tall enough. Bringing Marshall in for Gray means we are really too tall up forward.
our forward line was a massive failure today bar the work of some half forwards like rozee and Motlop.

we played probably one of if not the worst backlines (gcs minus their best key key defender today).

Dixon and Georgiades played about 20mins of football each and we lacked tall targets sometimes cause Dixon had to work up the ground a lot more without Marshall going up the wing. Ladhams was barely in the forward line today and if he was he didn’t go near it.

Our backline was great today, midfield was very good to excellent. Forward line was passable but just because of rozee + Motlop. Take those two out and I give our forward line a D minus. That’s being kind.
I would absolutely bring Marshall straight back In. Marshall for gray isn’t really making us too top heavy considering their respective mobility, but happy for ladhams to go out of he isn’t our number 1 ruck. He’s offered s**t * all up forward for ages now, his value as a forward is only that he isn’t hogging our bench while waiting to go into the ruck and that a defender might just be stupid enough to worry about him and let someone else get loose.

Yeah Marshall only if he roams like people are saying dont stay in forward 50. No news on Jones was just a corky? Lots of like to come in but afraid they will just be hinkleyd anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ladhams would be great in defence based on the number of times he spoils Charlie Dixon. ;)

We missed Marshall's ability to stretch the defence. SPP was basically our third tall and that didn't help his game or our forward line.

DBJ is in no danger of getting dropped. He had a couple of clangers but overall his game was good.
Hartlett also played ok when he replaced Robbie.
Marshall for Ladhams, Hartlett will stay in for Jones and the idea of Frederick fwd for Gray sounds interesting

our forward line was a massive failure today bar the work of some half forwards like rozee and Motlop.

we played probably one of if not the worst backlines (gcs minus their best key key defender today).

Dixon and Georgiades played about 20mins of football each and we lacked tall targets sometimes cause Dixon had to work up the ground a lot more without Marshall going up the wing. Ladhams was barely in the forward line today and if he was he didn’t go near it.

Our backline was great today, midfield was very good to excellent. Forward line was passable but just because of rozee + Motlop. Take those two out and I give our forward line a D minus. That’s being kind.
I would absolutely bring Marshall straight back In. Marshall for gray isn’t really making us too top heavy considering their respective mobility, but happy for ladhams to go out of he isn’t our number 1 ruck. He’s offered sh*t fu** all up forward for ages now, his value as a forward is only that he isn’t hogging our bench while waiting to go into the ruck and that a defender might just be stupid enough to worry about him and let someone else get loose.

That is dropping Ladhams for Marshall which is different to picking Marshall to replace Gray. In any case I haven't seen many games where Marshall gave us four quarters of football. In fact in 10 games this year Todd has averaged less than 10 disposals. That would not be so bad if he were kicking a couple of goals a game but he is not, he has kicked 12 in 10 games. I agree with you that Dixon and Georgiades could do more but they have both booted 20 or more goals this season. Their numbers are not huge but they are statistically better than Todd's.

I absolutely agree that Ladhams has not worked as a forward, he seems to be a ruckman first and last and if we bring Marshall back Big Pete is the one to go. My point is I cannot see Dixon, Georgiades, Marshall and Ladhams in the same forward line. Much better balanced with Rozee, Motlop and Fantasia (if fit) running with the three big guys up forward.

On yesterday's game I also absolutely agree that Dixon and Georgiades have to do more over four quarters but to say our forward line was a massive failure is dismissive of the efforts of Rozee and Motlop. The fact is both played forward, both played well, and both were part of our forward set up. Robbie Gray was also playing pretty well until injured so his efforts need to be counted. It is possibly more accurate to say that we didn't have a dominant tall forward.

On the subject of tall forwards, one frustration I have with Charlie Dixon is there are too many games when I look back on and think, 'geez Charlie could have booted 6 goals today.' Dixon gets the ball well but does not make the opposition pay. It was the same yesterday, he didn't play well enough to boot 6 goals but he could have had 4. A key forward kicking out on the full from 40 metres out in perfect conditions is inexcusable. If you could put Kane Farrell's kicking ability into Charlie Dixon's body you would have a Coleman Medalist but alas, it does not work that way.

Last edited:
Marshall for Gray, and Garner for Jones (if Jones doesn't get up). Don't want to see Hartlett come back in - hasn't done enough and seniority shouldn't count for anything.

Can't see them playing both Marshall and ladhams. Hopefully Fantasia is ready otherwise I'd like to see Schofield. Definitely agree with Garner for Jones though. I'd play Bergman up the ground

Can't see them playing both Marshall and ladhams. Hopefully Fantasia is ready otherwise I'd like to see Schofield. Definitely agree with Garner for Jones though. I'd play Bergman up the ground
I can sort of see the coaches trying both Ladhams and Marshall again (without success). But I'm hoping that they have the sense to only go with one. I'd drop Ladhams and go with Fantasia or Schofield. Or go left field and try McEntee.

Williams for Gray, Frederick for Jones up forward though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
As much as I wanted and thought that Williams would be the best of our recent draftees, he isn’t looking AFL standard to me, either in the now or the future. His lack of pace, intensity, and agility stands out. He’s a great mark for his size, an unusual but pretty reliable set shot for goal, and an instinctive snap for goal from limited opportunity. But the stuff he needs to be doing the other 90% of the time is non-existent. I’ve seen him pull off one great run from behind tackle so far this year, and that’s about it. Offensively, he’s nothing like Gray at ground level.
He’s basically like Chook Palmer was as a mid-sized, marking forward.

Somehow, it’ll be Mayes and/or Woodcock who come back in. There’s no remaining depth of healthy, young talent, except for Garner and Hayes. Williams has too many holes in his game.
Mead’s injury hurts.
Personally, I’d give Schofield a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a big game considering our record of wins against other Top 8 teams.

Robbie has been in the midfield against better teams more than often, I think the plan might have been to rest him up forward today, with Motlop and Rozee going in the middle more. The suns are crap that’s why.

So, perhaps a midfielder would be a better replacement for Robbie. Oh hang on, I don’t think there are any left in the SANFL.

What about Jed McEntee…?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I do not think we missed Marshall today. Dixon, Georgiades and Ladhams up forward is tall enough. Bringing Marshall in for Gray means we are really too tall up forward. Fantasia (if fit) for Gray is a much better option.

We have to wait and see how the scans on Jones and Gray work out.
Not a great measuring stick when we are playing against witches hats and they had their best 2kpd are out.

What I want to happen versus what will.

What will happen.
Outs : Ladhams, Gray, Jones
Ins : Marshall, Hartlett, Fantasia

What I want to happen.
Outs : Ladhams, Gray, Jones, DBJ
Ins : Marshall, Fantasia, Garner, Hayes

The one that will sh*t me most is Harlett back in. Took forever to be dropped, when Hinkley never wanted him to be. He's wanted him back, but added spinelessness to stupidity, by not even having the courage to properly argue he's good enough for a return, by making him medical sub as a backdoor selection.
After a stunning 11 possession game in SANFL....including keeping an AFL reject to just 2 goals. They just screams, "select me"

It should be:

In: Fantasia/Schofield Marshall Garner
Out: Gray Ladhams Jones

it will be:
In: Woodcock Bonner
Out: Gray Jones

Ken will say some s**t like "boyd and riley were 24 and 25 in the team really stiff to miss out last week."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back