Chris Yarran sentenced to prison for five years for crime spree across Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start by outlawing all bikie gangs. They make it and control it.

Most of it comes from overseas though. Mexico & Asia bring it here, border security picks up the occasional bust but there would be tonnes coming through undetected

You’re absolute idiot.

Isn’t he.

Five years too long? Give me a break.

Ever tried to square off against someone strung out on gear?

Try it sometime. The more of these people behind bars, the better I sleep.

If my memories of my last visit to Perth are anything to go by, the Yarran apologists on here, can take some measure of solace in the knowledge that there is an army of ice fiends out there, not locked up, and free to terrorise the community.

Last edited:
If my memories of my last visit to Perth are anything to go by, the Yarran apologists on here, can take some measure of solace in the knowledge that there is an army of ice fiends out there, not locked up, and free to terrorise the community.
Like most places, it’s out of control. He committed several Robberies and Aggravated Robberies which carry a maximum of 14 and 20 years respectively.

Also, posting that he was only given that sentence because he is ‘Aboriginal’ is basically calling the Judge a racist. Therefore it’s libellous. Yourself and this site are well and truly open to litigation.

Last edited:

Also, posting that he was only given that sentence because he is ‘Aboriginal’ is basically calling the Judge a racist. Therefore it’s libellous.

I would argue if you pin him (and people like him) down, it would take about thirty seconds to realise, that’s EXACTLY what he thinks.

There honest, hand on heart, belief is that because of the past, Aboriginal people should be shown leniency in custodial sentencing, and if possible, not incarcerated at all.

I’m sorry, but by all means let magistrates take ALL people’s personal journey’s into account, but if you go and shoot half a ball of gear in one go, and then jump in a car, and run a red light at 200kmh on the the wrong side of the road....I’m sorry, I don’t care what colour you are. I don’t care about historical injustices. I want you in jail before you kill someone.

Last edited:
Unfortunately going into the big house doesn't fix most drug addicts. Rehab in there is not compulsory sadly enough. Generally sooner or later when they're out they go back to meth. It would be great if it was compulsory and had to go everyday for as long as they're inside. Learn the tools on how to deal with their addiction properly and part of their release is community service in outside rehab centres etc. Not saying that it will fix all but maybe help more than the system does now.

so sad

I can't believe some call for the legalisation of drugs. Sure the drug issue is a complex one but the Yarran and Cousin's sagas demonstrate the dangers of drug abuse.

The only reason why I believe in a judicial intervention, is it enables government to intervene where a health alone option requires consent. Spent convictions, health farms for isolation, even unlimited free drug camps etc should be considered.

None of this ******** here's a needle in the middle of the city stuff.

Solid over reaction - no one is calling for the legalization of class A drugs.

Have to ask the question. How many drug tests did he take whilst playing and training? I find it hard to believe that he never tested positive...once? Did anyone at either Carlton or Richmond know about his addiction? What did they do about it?

Sad story- and sadly an all too familiar one with many good kids.

The average person could not come close to understanding how it is not simply a matter of making 'good' and 'bad' choices.

I'm not excusing this behaviour- yet, intergenerational trauma combined with lack of stability of supportive, caring and loving home life, especially during early years of life puts so many young people well behind the 8-ball from day dot.

Hopefully he is able to be rehabilitated and help others learn from his mistakes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to ask the question. How many drug tests did he take whilst playing and training? I find it hard to believe that he never tested positive...once? Did anyone at either Carlton or Richmond know about his addiction? What did they do about it?

Benny didn’t test positive either, and how long did he play.

I posted on here a few years back that his mental health issues were cover for an ice addiction that Carlton knew about when he was traded.

A mod carded me for calling it then, even though I had some inside knowledge about his drug use

Well what do you know, I have been proven correct!!!
I hope you can now move on with your life and that Bigfooty issues a public apology. You sir, have suffered too much throughout this whole ordeal.

I for one would be happy to contribute to a GoFundMe. I also have some contacts at Channel 9 who would be interested in speaking to you about your journey.

God speed my son.

Benny didn’t test positive either, and how long did he play.

Meth would only be a prohibited drug on match day, any other tests would fall under the AFL's recreational drug policy and the three strike system.

There's no indication if he has got any strikes in the past as it's kept in house.

I hope you can now move on with your life and that Bigfooty issues a public apology. You sir, have suffered too much throughout this whole ordeal.

I for one would be happy to contribute to a GoFundMe. I also have some contacts at Channel 9 who would be interested in speaking to you about your journey.

God speed my son.
thanks for the offer mate, but I am trying to sell my story to the highest bidder.

I'll get back to you, just leave your number with my receptionist

It's quite frightening how AFL clubs turn a blind eye to things.

The Cuz saga was widely known in Australia, WA, the team, the club, the board and the AFL. Yet he never tested positive for a variety of reasons including assistance.

The cost of that on the individuals involved has proven massive

https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...n/news-story/86488c5e40cdfa260c43a915149fdbc0

Respect for NicNat too.
I hope that Chris can get some therapy and sort his mental health issues out. He needs support while he is in prison.

I have no answers for the meth problems. It just makes me feel sad for people who are addicted and angry at people who make money out of people's addictions. I used to work at the Drug and Alcohol Services Council and more money needs to be put into rehab and treatment centres. I doubt the current Government has it as a priority though.

It's quite frightening how AFL clubs turn a blind eye to things.

The Cuz saga was widely known in Australia, WA, the team, the club, the board and the AFL. Yet he never tested positive for a variety of reasons including assistance.

The cost of that on the individuals involved has proven massive

and how the Essendon "supplements scandal" was handled by the AFL.
I think the whole drug policies needs to be looked at. Unsure it will be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back