Traded Chris Yarran [to Richmond for Pick 19]

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton fan boys, STOP over rating him! He wants to leave, simple as that
Are you a Richmond fan boy?

It's simple he wants to leave, I think everybody and their dog gets that, what you seem to struggle to come to terms with is that what you're offering isn't enough for us to break our contract with him. Simple as that.

Against what?

Irrelevant. 4th out of 40 odd. Blues were far more competitive in 2014 compared to 2015. You don't come 4th in the B&F by bludging the season.

Do you want to go through and debate his 2014 season with me or maybe consider the post I responded to was overstated?

It's simple he wants to leave, I think everybody and their dog gets that, what you seem to struggle to come to terms with is that what you're offering isn't enough for us to break our contract with him. Simple as that.

Prepare for previous point to be restated with VFL player getting another run.

Irrelevant. 4th out of 40 odd. Blues were far more competitive in 2014 compared to 2015. You don't come 4th in the B&F by bludging the season.

Do you want to go through and debate his 2014 season with me or maybe consider the post I responded to was overstated?
Could drag out old videos of MM pulling his hair out as Yazza does the laconic again.
Love this player and would pick him in a heartbeat.
Has bludged for the past 2 years in a absolutely crap team that would give Jack Watts a chance at top 5 in their B@F.

That is such a valid point.

Yarran can leave without breaking his contract in 2016 to. Nothing wrong with that!!

Why such a great contract setting his career up why would Yarran want to break the contract even if he wants to leave eventually?

Could drag out old videos of MM pulling his hair out as Yazza does the laconic again.
Love this player and would pick him in a heartbeat.
Has bludged for the past 2 years in a absolutely crap team that would give Jack Watts a chance at top 5 in their B@F.
Just say you have no idea about 2014 and move on. Some people have too much ego to concede any point no matter how ridiculous.

Tigers should really stop undervaluing Yarran.
It's becoming ludicrous.
Which list Mngr would let an A grader & pick 6 go for less than his value especially a contacted one?
Get it right RFC pay adequate compensation or dream on what could have been, and try your lucky next year if he's still interestEd.

It's becoming ludicrous.
Which list Mngr would let an A grader & pick 6 go for less than his value especially a contacted one?
Get it right RFC pay adequate compensation or dream on what could have been, and try your lucky next year if he's still interestEd.
He's not an A-grader yet, far from it. We just hope we can turn him into one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's becoming ludicrous.

Mate if Yarran is an A Grader the bar is set pretty low.
He's an A grade talent, who's had one good consistent season where he finished top4 in your BnF.

You all must really be bored. At a quick glance i have come to the conclusion carlton fans want overs and richmond fans want him for unders. No one is going to change each others minds. The only people who actually have a clue are the clubs themselves. Why waste half your day bickering on crap we all dont know anything about?
Feckn social media..

Scott Selwood's 2nd round compensation pretty much seals Yarrans fate pick 31 is more than enough!
Or Carlton can keep their superstar!!!

It's becoming ludicrous.

No where NEAR an A-Grader

Only polled in 5 out of 119 games in the Brownlow for 10 votes total

Finished 4th in his BF in 2014 by far his best year in a very poor Carlton side(10th next best and then daylight), but stats below say an average year

Averaged 16 disposals at 72%. 318 players ahead of him in efficiency!

Malceski 128 rebound 50s most of all - Yarran ONLY 39 rebound 50s in 2014. 115 players ahead of him!

Carlton fans say he has had the most bounces of 2014 and by a very large margin. Stats say, Pittard had most with 79 bounces, Yarran had 67.

Don't want to rubbish the guy as I think he is a good player, but not the brilliant player some Carlton posters are raving on here...

It's becoming ludicrous.
He only looks an A grader at Carlton, he is not an A grader though, if he was there would be a lot more suitors and why weren't Carlton playing him in their team?

Yet apparently you blokes think you can not only pick a better player with pick 12 this year, but also one who can lift you to a flag in the next 5 years.

It'll be Yarran and #38 for #12 or he stays with us next year.
May happen if you give back something better than 38, he is simply not worth 12 to anyone but Carlton supporters.

Selwood comp is not in any way related. Frawley comp last year is however a great indicator of Yarran's potential value.
Those compensations are based purely on pay scales, Yarran is simply not worth pick 12 no matter how many stars you Blues wish upon, I would be very disappointed if we give up 12 and maybe a lower pick without a pretty decent pick coming back our way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back