Opinion Coach: James Hird

Essendon supporters only - Should James Hird be sacked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played one decent game in the NAB - His other game was disappointing - Had 3 years to prove he is an AFL standard player.
Could be that he is one of those players with a standout attribute making him look good, but that fails in all the other attributes (You brought this problem up elsewhere - not specific to him - I think?).

For me I think what has let him down more than anything is his body. He'd address some issues the side has if he could just string some footy together for mine, but I fear he can't.

Caro just gave Hird a bake in her Arrow segment lols like he cares.

I posted about 2 or 3 months ago that Hird would be a subject of Caro's arrow before the end of 2015.

Could be that he is one of those players with a standout attribute making him look good, but that fails in all the other attributes (You brought this problem up elsewhere - not specific to him - I think?).

For me I think what has let him down more than anything is his body. He'd address some issues the side has if he could just string some footy together for mine, but I fear he can't.

The most important attribute is to win enough of the ball,especially for a running back/midfielder.

Stanton has tried his hardest but overall the established players have had disappointing seasons.
Established players have had disappointing seasons. Stanton has not.

Serious question. In light of the bulldog's performance this year how do you feel about Hird regularly throwing up the excuse you have a very young side?

Oh god.....

What is with these goldfish imbeciles?

Every year. EVERY SINGLE YEAR we have a relatively unexpected side jump in to finals calculation, and the fans of that club start puffing like they're flag contenders.

Sit down, shut up, and wait until your club ACTUALLY achieves something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh god.....

Every year. EVERY SINGLE YEAR we have a relatively unexpected side jump in to finals calculation, and the fans of that club start puffing like they're flag contenders.

Tbf though most years it's Richmond I think..

Port last few years id say. They do seem to have quietened down quite quickly this year though? Wonder why that is?

Tbf though most years it's Richmond I think..

Port last year (though I don't know if that was totally unexpected), us in 2013, Adelaide in 2012.....

And these deadshits genuinely link what they think is their own footy knowledge with these clockwork surges. Oh my god just shut the * up.

Oh yeah. Forgot about Port. Funny how easily that happens.
Yeah.
CFMnU8rUMAARytR.jpg

Oh god.....

So is there a point to be made or isn't there?

And then you'd turn around and blame lack of continuity. Anything Hird does, you'll find the negative angle. And I think we've had more than enough years to look at Pears.
Agree about the negative angle on Hird. People just want to vent frustration at the current circumstance. It's quite predictable that a supporter will never be able to understand the reasoning behind a coaches moves given they have access to about 1% of the information available to the coach. That said, i'm not willing to write off Pears yet based on what we've seen over the years. The guy hasn't actually played too many bad games of AFL football when it comes down to it. He would have been a lock in the best 22 years ago if Fletcher was mortal. I've seen more than enough from Steinberg and i'd love to see Pears play the final games of the season.

Yeah the Doggies fans have been pretty annoying of late.

"look how quickly we turned it around, you just need to replace Hird with a Bevo, but hands of our Bevo, he's ours"

Yep 4-5 years of very early draft picks, that are turning into brilliant players, has nothing to do with your improvement.

Port were very annoying too, up until recently. Their mediocrity has been one of the few shining lights this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back