Club Focus Collingwood 2020 - Henry, Macrae, McInnes, Poulter, McMahon, McCreery

AFL Club Focus

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Collingwood club focus thread
Wow not sure Buckley can survive this.

Guy and McGuire shouldn't either, but Ed had far too much power and influence, for any one person/member to challenge him. Reckon they all keep their spots and the club completely implodes in 2021 - ala Essendon drug saga and Adelaide camp debacle.

This is unheard of, just how bad it is. The fact that it's more than one player, makes it that much worse and shows that everything Mayne, Lumumba, past players and people involved with Collingwood have said re: culture and environment, is absolutely true.

We all like to dig the boot in to clubs, but I'm genuinely hurting for Collingwood supporters right now, as this is just such a mess.

Guy and McGuire shouldn't either, but Ed had far too much power and influence, for any one person/member to challenge him. Reckon they all keep their spots and the club completely implodes in 2021 - ala Essendon drug saga, GC mass exodus and Adelaide camp debacle.

This is unheard of, just how bad it is. The fact that it's more than one player, makes it that much worse and shows that everything Mayne, Lumumba, past players and people involved with Collingwood have said re: culture and environment, is absolutely true.

We all like to dig the boot in to clubs, but I'm genuinely hurting for Collingwood right now, as this is just such a mess.
Pies fans deserve better and they deserve answers.

It is to the credit of most Pies supporters that they have chosen not to line up and obediently guzzle the Kool Aid like so many Essendon supporters did a few years ago.

Most.
i have to be honest, this morning thats along the lines im thinking, are we about to get our own section in big footy? did something happen we dont know about? Im a legends member, this year i left half my membership with the club, at 7.40pm last night i opted out of roll over. we have to send a message the only way they will notice, in the hip pocket. i will renew my membership but not as a legend, whats the point of being able to buy a GF ticket when i dont think we will get within coooeee of it? ill wait til the dust settles, see what the draft brings, and see whats available, but i am just so disgusted with this, from the treatment of the 4 players, to what they settled for to how us long time members are being treated. its disgraceful and embarrassing.

Guy and McGuire shouldn't either, but Ed had far too much power and influence, for any one person/member to challenge him. Reckon they all keep their spots and the club completely implodes in 2021 - ala Essendon drug saga and Adelaide camp debacle.

We all like to dig the boot in to clubs, but I'm genuinely hurting for Collingwood supporters right now, as this is just such a mess.
thankyou

and i dont think any of those should be at the club next year. if sir edward is dumb enough to once again extend bucks contract, all hell will break loose.

Holy hell they just seem like they don’t want to admit that for once the media narrative against them was completely right so they are trotting out the most see-through dogshit to hold the faith from their most loyal supporters.

This is Trump style, I reckon Eddie must be a big admirer.

I was going to post the same. As Trump does, they have doubled down. Or is this triple. Either way, the lies will be unrelenting.

Think this one is probably the best one I've seen:

View attachment 1010823

Yeah that is interesting.

If my calculations are correct, it would have been Ned guy was told in the interview last night that they actually lost points despite the 4 players going out. Sure dispels the “improve our draft position” rhetoric.

Just imagining the panicky meetings, finger pointing, and arse covering going on with Eddie and Bucks is wonderful.

This will need to boil over at some point soon.

All pies fans can hope for is the truth to come out, and people above fall guy lacky status to be held accountable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let me know if I've made a mistake. But this is my quick attempt at working out the net points of their trade period.

It comes out slightly negative based on finishing positions for this year...

View attachment 1010806

I posted yesterday that just a pick swap would have probably gotten them their coveted (lol) pick 14. This more than confirms it. There's no way they can maintain their stance that this mess was to benefit their draft position.

I love how he kept saying they made those moves to get into the first round of the draft to grab great talent like they'd bagged themselves a few top 10 selections in a super draft.

Probably could have packaged just 26/33/39/42 together and moved up to that pick 14 lol

I posted yesterday that just a pick swap would have probably gotten them their coveted (lol) pick 14. This more than confirms it. There's no way they can maintain their stance that this mess was to benefit their draft position.

The points system is flawed and it overvalues lower picks. So arguably a neutral result is a slightly positive result for Collingwood.

But still, giving up 3 good players for a very marginal gain is diabolical. But i guess that’s what you have to do when you’re at risk of breaching the salary cap.

Where is Eddie?

Now's the time to front up and say we had cap issue and sadly we had to make a few adjustments to fall into line.

Bombers, Lions, Cats, Hawks, Swans etc all had same problem in last 20 years. Either the group sacrifices (like the 07 Cats or Tigers currently) or you have to let some go.

Some parity, clarity and reality would be handy not some spinny BS.

This isnt Buckley’s fault. Not the state of the cap situation anyway. He had to cop the brunt of the players directly as no player is going to call a list manager and ask why this is happening to me?
Yes but he is the one telling lies about what he said to Trelore on the phone snout the playing group wanting him out. Instead of in the exit meeting, he waits two days before trade starts to only inform Stephenson he should look to go elsewhere, only after Stephenson called him. I think pies fans should be ropeable Big time. Watch that incompitant Ned Guy speaking to Fox after the trade deadline to see how faulse and stupid it was. After lisntening to it, you could give him a pig and he would say no mate its a cat.

Last edited:
So have I got this right?

This was clearly a salary cap dump. But Collingwood don't want to say that because it would suggest mismanagement within the football department.

So instead they're saying this was a cunning plan to improve their draft position? And they think that is better/more plausible? Given the return, it suggests its own distinct form of silliness. I mean, sure, if trading these guys had brought in a swag of decent picks, that kite might fly but how on earth do you try to make that case given the bargain price?

Surely it would be better to simply say "yes we had salary cap pressure and had to make some hard calls". It's not like anyone is fooled by the alternative explanation, which in any case also implies a degree of incompetence at the trade table.

Imagine getting caught jaywalking. And then in an effort to explain yourself you tell the police that you've shat yourself. Is the excuse better or worse than the real reason?

Last edited:
Old poll results aren't particularly surprising.

View attachment 1010987

Any suggestions for a new poll?

Protecting the President and Coach from their part in a monumental series of blunders?

Deny, deny, deny?

Driving as many lifelong supporters away as possible?

Destroying the morale of the list?

Ensuring no player will request a trade to the Pies for the next 5 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back