List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The business is done with 2 days to spare.
Very refreshing to achieve everything we have set out to do with minimal fuss.
Still Lynch to go, and then weeks to mess around with picks to target either getting more back into next year's draft, picks this year after the Daicos bid, or a combination of the two.

Stengle has "nominated" Geelong FWIW

I think its smart, I'm not sure we can keep him our of trouble for 4/5 years, Cats only need him for 18 months. plus he is behind Cameron and Hawkins which is great for him.

Probably. SPS is pretty sh*t.
Disagree. Showed signs of being a gun on year 1 under Bolton but the Teague came in and shifted him from the midfield in favour of the old boys. If WC play him in the middle he’ll be the steal of this year

Disagree. Showed signs of being a gun on year 1 under Bolton but the Teague came in and shifted him from the midfield in favour of the old boys. If WC play him in the middle he’ll be the steal of this year

I think most Pies fans can vividly remember him embarrassing us in the wet at the MCG. Other than that game he has been pretty underwhelming.

Yeah SPS isn't Sh*t. I remember him tearing us a new one on a wet day at the G a few years back in a Carlton win. His clean ball handling in tough conditions was a stand out. Very talented; just lost his way the last 2 years.

You may be right. He has to want it.
SOS damned him with faint praise - something about not being the hardest worker -you can have all the talent in the world but if your head isn't in it, it counts for nought

I thought he went stupidly cheap - was there a salary dump angle to it?

I think the best we can do now pre live trade is swap the lions our pick 36 for 50,54,60 which would increase our points by 137.
Then hope live trade happens with Daicos getting nominated pick 3 or 4 . We trade out our pick 27 for a future 2nd with a potential bottom 6 side or a 2nd and 3rd round from a top 8 side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the best we can do now pre live trade is swap the lions our pick 36 for 50,54,60 which would increase our points by 137.
Then hope live trade happens with Daicos getting nominated pick 3 or 4 . We trade out our pick 27 for a future 2nd with a potential bottom 6 side or a 2nd and 3rd round from a top 8 side.
Perhaps a 4th for Lynch as well.

We now have 2215 points, can afford matching Daicos for any pick other than pick 1.

I think we might do a few more smaller deals and if Daicos ends getting up bid on at 1 we do a quick deal to ensure we have enough points.

Unsure what we are like in terms of salary cap at end of next year. But it will be nice going into a trade period with some usable picks and ability to get a FA? Or at worst just hit the draft again and trade out some pieces we have excess in, in terms of positions.

This years trade period has been so well executed, with GW obviously being the reason for this. For years we had been crying out to have a young KPF on our list and he delivers it in the first few days of the trade period.

I guess it remains to be seen. Ultimately his worth in this trade period is based on his current output, not what he might produce in 6 months time.

You need to have list spots open.

No use bringing in multiple later picks if we are not going to cut the corresponding number of players.

Unsure what we are like in terms of salary cap at end of next year. But it will be nice going into a trade period with some usable picks and ability to get a FA? Or at worst just hit the draft again and trade out some pieces we have excess in, in terms of positions.

This years trade period has been so well executed, with GW obviously being the reason for this. For years we had been crying out to have a young KPF on our list and he delivers it in the first few days of the trade period.

Hope we have some left over to have a crack at King.

I guess it remains to be seen. Ultimately his worth in this trade period is based on his current output, not what he might produce in 6 months time.

Not when he's being valued against a pick that is valued at what it might produce in 6 year's time.

A smooth and professional trade period to date with at least part of the credit belonging to making the club a more attractive destination with a comprehensive restructure.

After last off-season it's a big win to have had a couple of players we were chasing choose us and to have a sought after indigenous coach also choose us. Well done Pies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back