List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North weren’t even relevant when they were premiers.
I think they're relevant. At least I know North supporters. Was one myself until 2010. Ditched the Roos on Sunday, 26th of October.

The team will rise up and become contenders at some stage - probably not too far away either. That makes them relevant to me, regardless of their fan base.
Gold Coast should be terminated and the players distributed amongst the remaining teams. GWS should be relocated to Canberra.

Gold Coast should be terminated and the players distributed amongst the remaining teams. GWS should be relocated to Canberra.
I don't necessarily disagree. I couldn't give a s**t about AFL expansion to other states and conversion of the rugby states. I'd be quite happy for them to have remained solely Rugby states and thus Australia field better rugby teams. But while Collingwood competes with them in the AFL, they're relevant to me.

Sounds like you still barrack for North.
I know a bit about North so I stick up for them. I also know that Tasmanians wouldn't appreciate North moving in. There's a lot of North v Hobart rivalry and traditionally the North had footy and Hobart had cricket. North got the Hawks, Hobart got the Tigers and Hurricanes. Then Hobart got jealous and wanted AFL. And they got it. Ever wondered why Blundstone hosts better games than UTAS Stadium? Because Hobart is jealous. Crowd numbers are irrelevant as stats point to the opposite.

If anyone seems to be slipping, it's St Kilda. The typical Saints supporter is now aged 60 and to be honest, their debt says something really needs to be done. Clubs are going to leave the AFL–that's inevitable–but Tasmanians just want an individual team that can have its own heritage without the dilution of a previous Melbourne side.

I support Collingwood passionately and want a Tasmanian AFL side.

I don't necessarily disagree. I couldn't give a sh*t about AFL expansion to other states and conversion of the rugby states. I'd be quite happy for them to have remained solely Rugby states and thus Australia field better rugby teams. But while Collingwood competes with them in the AFL, they're relevant to me.
Too much emphasis on American expansion when forgetting marquee games and slow buildup would have contributed to more success sooner. GWS is in a rapidly growing area but their membership is nothing to brag about. GWS would be irrelevant if their academy wasn't so big, they didn't lure soccer converts and they hadn't played finals.

I don't necessarily disagree. I couldn't give a sh*t about AFL expansion to other states and conversion of the rugby states. I'd be quite happy for them to have remained solely Rugby states and thus Australia field better rugby teams. But while Collingwood competes with them in the AFL, they're relevant to me.
I accept that Sydney and Brisbane have a place in the national competition.
Gold Coast are an embarrassing joke. Blokes running around dressed as life savers representing a community who don’t give a s**t about AFL.
Should be abandoned as soon as possible.

Canberra should have its own side and GWS is perfect. Simple name change and adjustment to the jumper.

Too many teams in Melbourne and North are the obvious one to go.

There is only one species of Kangaroo in Tassie, the Forester Kangaroo is limited to about 26,000 individuals, funnily enough way less than the number of North members.
Perfect!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d happily look at it post matching for Daicos. I’d be thrilled if we could walk away from this years draft with Daicos and say 2 other top 20 selections.
I want to keep our 2022 1st. Trading it can be a win or loss, it’s an extra gamble but for mine we are most likely bottom 4 next year and we won’t get that sort sort of value by trading back into 21.

If we did trade it would be a clear indication the club has confidence we may rise a bit. After getting burnt by trading our 2021 1st I would rather not go that route. While we are a chance to rise I think bottom 4 is realistic and even last and access to pick 1 is a real possibility. Finishing bottom 4 and having no top 4 pick would be a shocker.

With all the backlash we got for trading our 1st this year, we defintely wont be trading another 1st two years in a row where people say we need all the top end talent we can get.
Jen that whole media attack was totally orchestrated months before the draft, we were in the gunsights no matter what we did.

With all the backlash we got for trading our 1st this year, we defintely wont be trading another 1st two years in a row where people say we need all the top end talent we can get.

Unless we get a Pick in the Top 5 in this Draft which we won't

Jen that whole media attack was totally orchestrated months before the draft, we were in the gunsights no matter what we did.
Thats true, it all started from the trade period. At the draft, nobody really blinked an eye at the trade. We were made out to have done well from the draft. It wasn't until this year when results... didnt go our way that it became a bad thing

Thats true, it all started from the trade period. At the draft, nobody really blinked an eye at the trade. We were made out to have done well from the draft. It wasn't until this year when results... didnt go our way that it became a bad thing
I think the whole Treloar circus did the most damage, was like a couple of fishwives fighting in the market - looked ugly and the media lapped it up.

That isn't worth throwing away your only #1 pick for someone you aren't getting. If JHF is on the top of their rankings, then that's the way they'll go.

At this point, it seems pretty obvious to everyone in the know, that North aren't bidding.
They’re not throwing away their number one pick if they’re still taking the player they were going to take anyways

Last edited:
Last year it was a calculated gamble, not many would have thought we were giving up pick 2.

This year there is a fair case to be made our future first could be pick one, yes we may bounce back up but pick one is a possibility.

DO NOT TRADE OUR FUTURE FIRST.
I think the club overrated their prospects plus wanted to appease the fan base after a terrible trade period and it probably worked given the excimer for all the draft picks we got last year.

True as that really Effected our 1st Round Pick but no way we thought we finish 2nd Last. We would not do that Trade IF we thought we do that.

Have to look at the Time we did the Trade not now

Last year it was a calculated gamble, not many would have thought we were giving up pick 2.

This year there is a fair case to be made our future first could be pick one, yes we may bounce back up but pick one is a possibility.

DO NOT TRADE OUR FUTURE FIRST.

Unless was for a Very High Draft Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back