List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was surprised by that comment too. Only reason I can think of is the fact he is on the rookie list 🤷‍♀️

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Needs to find more of the ball.
Questions gotta be asked if Chugg earns a new deal but Poulter is a candidate for delisting.
The only Chugg has is athleticism. And that's only reason he was drafted in the first place. He was monitored after he tagged Zorko out of a practice match the Devils played against the Lions in Tasmania in their 2020 pre-season and performed for a dominant state league outfit reasonably well. But he was as shocked as anyone when he got selected, particularly ahead of Callow who, at one stage, was a first round lock.

IN: D.McStay, B.Hill, Coll 1st rounder, 2nd rounder (trade multiple 3rds to move up)
OUT: J.Roughead (retired), J.Madgen (delist), C.Brown (delist), I.Chugg (delist)

I may be in the minority here, but i am hoping for a relatively quiet trade period. I think we have a great core and it should just be about adding a couple of pieces and keeping draft picks to continue our list build. This quiet trade period includes keeping Grundy.

In terms of the draft, hopefully we can finally land a promising KPP Forward with our first rounder.

You look over the below and argue about that best 22, but what stands out to me is how many guys in that second 22 are good quality players who can contribute at AFL level. great depth for us moving forward.

B: I.Quaynor, D.McStay, B.Maynard
HB: J.Crisp, D.Moore, J.Howe
C: J.Daicos, T.Adams, S.Sidebottom
HF: J.Ginnivan, B.Mihochek, B.Hill
F: J.Elliott, A.Johnson, O.Henry
R: B.Grundy, J.DeGoey, N.Daicos
I: N.Murphy, J.Noble, S.Pendlebury, D.Cameron

B: T.Ruscoe, C.Dean, L.McMahon
HB: A.Draper, W.Kelly, T.Bianco
C: C.Poulter, F.Macrae, W.Hoskin-Elliott
HF: B.Mccreery, N.Kreuger, R.Mcinnes
F: C.Murley, M.Cox, T.Wilson
R: A.Begg, J.Carmichael, P.Lipinski
I: T.Brown, H.Harrison, Draft1, Draft2
I suspect you're going to be on the money but that won't stop the more creative types going crazy, fantasy footy is just that fantasy. Still getting over Tom Mitchell the Brownlow medallist, could be a mentor!

IN: D.McStay, B.Hill, Coll 1st rounder, 2nd rounder (trade multiple 3rds to move up)
OUT: J.Roughead (retired), J.Madgen (delist), C.Brown (delist), I.Chugg (delist)

I may be in the minority here, but i am hoping for a relatively quiet trade period. I think we have a great core and it should just be about adding a couple of pieces and keeping draft picks to continue our list build. This quiet trade period includes keeping Grundy.

In terms of the draft, hopefully we can finally land a promising KPP Forward with our first rounder.

You look over the below and argue about that best 22, but what stands out to me is how many guys in that second 22 are good quality players who can contribute at AFL level. great depth for us moving forward.

Imagine playing McCreery, Cox, Carmichael and Lipinski in the 2s; at least two of them will play in the firsts.

Lol I don’t understand why people think we are picking up McStay to send him to full back?
Many of us just hope we aren’t offering anywhere near 600k for a very bog average forward who doesn’t impact the scoreboard to warrant anywhere near that, and once the ball hits the ground is next to useless. All this given we seem to be trying to remove one terrible contract. I pray I eat my words and he’s a great player for us, but I’d be lying if I wasn’t extremely concerned with the cost of this addition

Agree but we have other cheaper options to chase even though they are getting close to the end. L Dunston, T Mitchell and M Crouch I think would be cheap possibilities.

Jed Anderson is another option.

Josh Daicos wasn't a fixture in the 22 until his 4th year on the list, and wasn't an on-baller until his 6th. Those guys are going into their 2nd and 3rd years. I'm not down on those guys as prospects but I'm not expecting them to be making a difference as a starting centre clearance mid, which is where this discussion started.

Again, I return to Carmichael. Averaging 2.67 clearances this year despite averaging just over 50% game time. I’m very excited to see what he’ll do with a full preseason under his belt and capacity to hit >70% TOG. He’ll be 23 going into 2023 so already a more mature body.

Every team has to take 3 players in the National draft as a minimum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umm, character not talent was the comparison. Or do you just want to have a 'touche' moment?
Yeah, but the amount of character issues a team is willing to look past is often dependent on their talent.

We, and most other teams in the AFL, thought that the balance was too far the wrong way. They were all wrong, obviously.

I hope we are still interested in Billy Frampton as a low cost out of contract option

In his 6 games this year the 202cm 97kg player averaged:

- 18 disposals at 87% efficiency

- 6.5 marks

- 416 metres gained

These are all well above average stats

We should be ⚽️‘s deep into him as a potential full back or utility

I entertain the notion that our Adams support player may already be on the list. As he gains muscle, I can see Bianco becoming the second extractor. Although not as big as Adams, he is very skillful. He has that great evasiveness, and I can see him becoming the kind of inside player that Mitchell was for Hawthorn - able to get the ball in tight and step clear enough to distribute it accurately. This is quite different to the Adams method of bulldozing through and getting it out somehow, and would be a great complement to this. It is not a role that demands particular leg speed.

A player of this kind means that we would not need to import a second Adams in the person of Taranto. To me Johnson is the answer at centre half forward, and so we don't need to pursue McStay with too much vigour. Hill makes some sense, but only as a speedy midfielder. A solid defender of size is the only hole I see.

Unfortunately, of course, injury free seasons are a fantasy, and so there has to be cover in the seconds. We don't really have any of that, although the return from injury of Dean and Krueger next year will help. The retirement of Pendlebury will leave a gaping hole for Nick Daicos to fill, and then we need new on ball quality to move up into his slot.

There is a lot for our list managers to ponder, and these few points deal with hardly any of it. Personally, I would not be doing too much trading, but looking to develop the young players we have, quite a few of whom have yet to define their careers. We don't want to discard them too soon. The extraordinary season we are having should not cause a deviation from the plans set in place last year. We are definitely in rebuild mode, despite this year's heroics.
We also have Macrae, Mcinnes & Draper, but it's early days for all three.
We need a short to medium term Will Brodie type until these boys are ready - Taranto would cost too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back