Discussion Combat Sport Discussion - March 31st - Tszyu v Fundora

Remove this Banner Ad

Pinning the schedules to the top of the page for both boxing and MMA

Hard to remember a fight that was so badly commentated than this one between Dubois and Miller. Moronic stuff in the first half of the fight talking about how Miller is "dominating the fight" and Dubois "looks nervous" and "has no plan" because why? He was fighting off the back foot? Lmao. Simpletons. Dubois dominated pretty much every round of the fight, on a totally different level to Miller, and was 100 pounds lighter than him too.

Ran him ragged, stuck behind his jab, pretty much landed whatever shot he wanted, and then in the final round Miller starts taunting him to keep throwing, so Dubois keeps throwing and keeps landing, Miller acting as if he isn't hurt, Dubois keeps hitting him, Miller stumbles around, ref calls it off.

Honestly the commentators are brain-dead lmao, only changed their tune once it was bleedingly obvious that he was going to win the fight.

Bivol way too good for Arthur, bit of a one-sided one there. Impressed that Lyndon lasted as long as he did but it was only going one way. Hope Bivol and Beterbiev can set up the undisputed LH fight next year, would be a ripper (provided Beterbiev gets past Smith in January).

Joseph Parker fought the fight of his life, what a performance. Thrown the division out a little now as you can bet everyone was hoping Wilder-Joshua would be next but now that Wilder lost there's not going to be as much excitement around it - would also have cost them millions.

This is what I hate about the sport, Joshua and Wilder should've fought years ago but big fights always take way too long to put together and by the end either nobody cares anymore, or someone causes an upset along the way that ruins any chance of it happening (or if it still goes ahead, nowhere near as big as it could've been).

I'm not only glad Parker won because I like the guy, but because it's a big f*ck you to money hungry, arrogant promoters that gave these guys tune-up fights instead of doing what they should've done all along, and now will pay the price for it. Same s**t almost happened with Ngannou-Fury (ruining the Fury-Usyk fight). They never learn.

Joshua completely dominated Wallin lol, haven't seen him look that good for a while. Really good stuff. AJ is probably my favourite heavyweight these days, love the way he goes about it. Hope he gets a shot at becoming a 3 time world champion. Hrgovic looks like he'll be the next opponent - IBF title eliminator.

All in all it was an alright card, big names but the fights IMO didn't live up to the hype. That's it for the year!

Went off Conor since the doping thing but honestly he's one of the best to watch on the bag, guys aggressive as all hell and the crack of the leather is just something else 🤤

Sold out of the Machomai's so picked up the Hyper KO 2's. Better ankle support and designed to fit better around the foot - more comfortable anyway :moustache:

1000004342.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dard Ball Get I dunno if you are into it too much but you should give Sean Strickland's media interview a go when you've got 20 minutes. Bloke is unreal 😂

Have seen clips of it, bloke is completely uncensored 😂
You think he has what it takes or will Dricus get him?
For his standards it was well mannered up until he started calling the liberal Canadian reporter an infection lmao

I think it'll be a ripper fight, I hope Sean wins it and like the way he fights (his Philly shell is dreamy xo) but Dricus is also a come forward fighter so it'll be totally different to when Sean beat Adesanya, two totally different opponents and styles. Don't think it goes the distance, either of them have what it takes IMO

Learnt today that Dricus also has a missus, surprise to me after the dick grabbing and lip kissing he gets on with with his coaches. Maybe the missus is a front? xo

Pretty s**t card today IMO for UFC 297. Interested in Katona who's on now (TUF winner) but other than that the main is all I'm interested in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back