Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rob Burton, Ricky Mangidis, Dino Imbriano, and even Roogene post on here or have.

Not sure of user names.

Chris Hunt, former merchandise manager used to post here also.

Oh, and Sam Gibson posts under Arjen the Great.

Aaand we go to word salad.

If boomer played next year he would be in our best 22 each week. A serious coach does not leave out best 22 players from the team, it instills a culture of not being serious about winning.

The idea that a coach should think with their balls when it comes to selection is strange.

Fray and Nahas were played for depth in a tilt at the flag this year. Had we not had as many injuries as we did they may have made a difference (in a way a first year cannot).

It is possible that Clarke, Hibbard and Wagner could learn more training and playing with Boomer, but to what extent is up for debate.

Wells is being offered 2 years as it is irresponsible for a club to ditch all experience at once. Melbourne tried that approach and it left them on the bottom of the ladder for a good 10 years.

Yes, the young guys played together in the VFL. Now that some of them are in the best 22 it makes sense that they will get more experience playing together if they all fit into the same team.

I find your thinking to be very black and white, a little like how kids are before they realize the world is full of complexity. Maybe I misread you.
Lol. So why Boomer and not Wells then? Why Boomer and not LT?

got a new avatar for you kangatime feel free to use it.

crybaby-o.gif
Hilarious.... a guy expresses an opinion and articulates it and cites examples and that's all you have in response?
Pretty much sums it up.

Any way it was done woudn't have pleased u Kangatime because u believe Boomer should have played on. Some of us understand and agree with the decision.
At the end of the day we were told before the last round and ur not happy with that and that's fine. Yet if the club held it in house till after the finals like alot of clubs u complain that would show no respect to its members.
Did u want Bard to call u personally in round 16 and let u know?
Are you using a nokia phone?
Very easy to ignore the contradictions in players who have been retained v those who haven't. And then very to ignore 2016 contributions of those players.... the forced retirements v those retained doesn't match. Hard to accept a policy where criminally underperformed players like Thomas and sick notes like Waite and Wells are persisted with instead of a club legend who offered greater output this season and has contributed more to the club.

Sacking Boomer was simply a statement from a pathetic coach who knows he has failed and is finding any avenue to demand more time as senior coach of the club. The reality is the coach doesn't get a reset. This was his tilt. If the tilt has finished and failed then there's only once acceptable outcome for the future and progression of the club. Scott remaining is a joke and a joke borne out of his close relationship with the cross dressing president.

I tell you what a lot of the people on this forum would make great North Koreans. Some club media manipulator comes in spitting out the deeply flawed club line and you're all captivated as if you're getting some sort of special insight. You are getting what JB/Scott permit.

Too many permanent club apologists on here and those happy to accept mediocrity and 17 years without genuinely being good enough to win a premiership.
It all starts with the coach. And the fate of the coach in our case has been in the hands of a bloke that once made a decision to kit up as wonder woman....

It all starts with the coach. And the fate of the coach in our case has been in the hands of a bloke that once made a decision to kit up as wonder woman....

I look forward to reading about the ticket that you're putting together to oust the board.

Just FWIW if you can't keep the debt level down because your answers to our issues are by obtaining unsustainable debt levels you won't get my vote, as ultimately it'll kill the club.

Too many permanent club apologists on here and those happy to accept mediocrity and 17 years without genuinely being good enough to win a premiership.

For mine this is about the weakest arguments on the forum.

'oh oh because your view point is different to mine and you ain't slagging people off you must be accepting of mediocrity.'

Well buddy if you front up next year then guess what, you're just as accepting as we are.

And if you don't front up then well I guess the rest of us will just have to get over your posting potting the club.

Realistic opinions are reflective of the state of affairs. Good or bad.

Statistically 7 data points that follow a patten indicate a trend.

Now I'm not going to trawl through the shitfest that is your posting history, however I am on pretty solid ground when I state: Apollo Creek's posting trends negatively more often than not.

For mine this is about the weakest arguments on the forum.

'oh oh because your view point is different to mine and you ain't slagging people off you must be accepting of mediocrity.'

It's not so much an argument as a declaration of stupidity.

Is there any more asinine phrase in heavy rotation on Bigfooty?

A person may as well post "I'm a complete and utter moron", cos' that's how I read it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not so much an argument as a declaration of stupidity.

Is there any more asinine phrase in heavy rotation on Bigfooty?

A person may as well post "I'm a complete and utter moron", cos' that's how I read it.

I was reading through the hawks board after their semi loss hoping to get a feel for where their fans feel they're at and some clown brought out that line...

After 3 consecutive flags he reckons that he's a big shot because he won't be accepting the 'mediocrity' that led to their finals exit ahaha

Lol. So why Boomer and not Wells then? Why Boomer and not LT?

Neither of us are privy to the inner workings of the club.

LT is easy, still has another 4 or 5 years left potentially.

Wells is a little more interesting, but all indications seem to be that he might be leaving anyway, making your point moot.

Also, based on other stuff I've seen you post I thought I'd offer this thought. Often the only reason clubs tend to change coaches when they rebuild is because it buys the club time from the media and the rabid element of their supporter group who is busy "not accepting mediocrity" generally by being blowhards to whoever will listen.

An objective view would suggest that Brad Scott has done pretty well with the list when you consider that at the time of his appointment comparisons between Richmond's' Melbourne's and North's lists were frequent and most rated Norths list at the time as the one with least potential, and suffering through the expansion clubs compromised drafts.

North tried to make up for the lack of available talent through the draft by topping up with free agents, it wasn't quite enough and now is the time to reset and have another tilt. During that time Brad has become a significantly better coach. Why would you get rid of him now?

Wells is a little more interesting, but all indications seem to be that he might be leaving anyway, making your point moot.
The points not moot, when the decision on Boomer was made Wells was staying, and Scott has made it clear he wants him to stay. Boomer is likely to give us more value in the next 2 years than Wells would.

Also, based on other stuff I've seen you post I thought I'd offer this thought. Often the only reason clubs tend to change coaches when they rebuild is because it buys the club time from the media and the rabid element of their supporter group who is busy "not accepting mediocrity" generally by being blowhards to whoever will listen.

There is dumb s**t sprouted on here and this is close to the worst of it. I can just see a board sitting around saying: look we need to get the Media and members off our backs, we have no alternative but to get a new coach. * me.

An objective view would suggest that Brad Scott has done pretty well with the list when you consider that at the time of his appointment comparisons between Richmond's' Melbourne's and North's lists were frequent and most rated Norths list at the time as the one with least potential, and suffering through the expansion clubs compromised drafts.
The old BF cracker: AFL media are full of s**t, except when they support my view.

North tried to make up for the lack of available talent through the draft by topping up with free agents, it wasn't quite enough and now is the time to reset and have another tilt. During that time Brad has become a significantly better coach. Why would you get rid of him now?
We've only let one free agent go, we still have 2. Brad bangs on about how we've taken all our top picks for the last 10 years. 10 years of picks and he's been unable to develop a single consistent A grade footballer. (Taz maybe the exception if he can back up next year) So what makes you think he's a significantly better coach now?

Ah, nothing like the off-season blues. Such a pity that we had to start them early this year.

IMHO.

BS has done well with what he had available. The three free agents he/we/the club picked up gave us a real shot at a flag, if only the other 17 teams had respected that we might have done better.

Whilst sad to see Boomer leave, it was going to happen in the next two years. Better to rip the band aid off rather than limping along and hoping against hope that he was going to be part of the group that garnered the next flag. Truth be told, our window probably closed last year; they rolled the dice and came up with snake eyes; such is life.

JB is cooked. My respect for him remains, but his job and time are done. Time to hand over the reins to the next group. Whilst it pains many, the games in Tasmania are a masterstroke. It has set us up financially for the future, without which we would forever remain a basketcase that was 1-2 bad seasons away from re-location.

If DW wants to walk, get the best we can for him, thank him for his service and move on.

If a great offer for Goldy is put in front of us, it should be seriously considered.

It is good to be passionate about the great NMFC, but being a rude flog to anyone that supports/works for this club just makes you a flog.

The points not moot, when the decision on Boomer was made Wells was staying, and Scott has made it clear he wants him to stay. Boomer is likely to give us more value in the next 2 years than Wells would.
Why the * would Scott make it clear that he didn't want Wells to stay when a potential trade is on the table? Even being a free agent, the size of offer to draw Wells away from north would be much smaller if the club went on record saying they don't want him. Arguments both ways in terms of value to team between Harvey and Wells, I could see it both ways (although one is 38 and the other one 31yo)

There is dumb s**t sprouted on here and this is close to the worst of it. I can just see a board sitting around saying: look we need to get the Media and members off our backs, we have no alternative but to get a new coach. **** me.
You disagree that changing a coach buys time for the team to perform in the eyes of spectators and the media?

The old BF cracker: AFL media are full of s**t, except when they support my view.
You haven't addressed the point I made in the slightest. Compared to teams with similar cycles and talent levels, we have well outperformed predictions.

We've only let one free agent go, we still have 2. Brad bangs on about how we've taken all our top picks for the last 10 years. 10 years of picks and he's been unable to develop a single consistent A grade footballer. (Taz maybe the exception if he can back up next year) So what makes you think he's a significantly better coach now?
Because in general people become better at their jobs over time. Brad was very raw coming in, and is still in coaching terms very young. In football lingo you might argue that he is just coming into his prime now after many years invested in him.
I have no idea what you're getting at with the free agent talk. If you want to follow a team that ditches everyone over 26 years old at once, you'll find a link to the Melbourne board above.

Why the **** would Scott make it clear that he didn't want Wells to stay when a potential trade is on the table? Even being a free agent, the size of offer to draw Wells away from north would be much smaller if the club went on record saying they don't want him. Arguments both ways in terms of value to team between Harvey and Wells, I could see it both ways (although one is 38 and the other one 31yo)
in the last 3 years one has played 70 games and one has played 30!

You disagree that changing a coach buys time for the team to perform in the eyes of spectators and the media?
No, I never said that. I find it ridiculous that you would suggest an AFL Clubs board would use it as a reason to change coaches. Do you honestly believe this?

You haven't addressed the point I made in the slightest. Compared to teams with similar cycles and talent levels, we have well outperformed predictions.
I'd argue our talent hasn't been developed. I'm not one to compare us to other teams that have underachieved. I strongly believe we have had the talent, and obviously so did the club, but we have failed to deliver.

Because in general people become better at their jobs over time. Brad was very raw coming in, and is still in coaching terms very young. In football lingo you might argue that he is just coming into his prime now after many years invested in him.
In general, but it's obvious he hasn't improved over time. He's above average in games coached so it's arguable he'reached his prime. You said he's gotten better as a coach, did you see how he left Betts unmanned coming of the back of the center square? Crows have been doing this a lot this year and Brad had no counter for it, he actually must have thought, na we'll let their most dangerous player run loose and we'll have Nicky Dal (a guy we think isn't good enough to be part of our future) be our loose man in our defense! Sydney manned him up and look how it worked for them. His coaching is pathetic.

I have no idea what you're getting at with the free agent talk. If you want to follow a team that ditches everyone over 26 years old at once, you'll find a link to the Melbourne board above.
I'm pretty sure my argument is that we should have kept a 38 year old player. But you may have missed that, along with just about everything else bar the snakeoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back