Who will win the 2016 Community Shield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

An unhappy Mata & unhappy Football(hasn't)gottitanymore will be a huge disruption to the dressing room for Mou this season. Expecting both will be gone by the end of the month. Not great for Utd if they both aren't moved on.

That's just crap, Basti for starters would have zero influence in the dressing room, he has been at the club for a season. Not nearly enough time to form some kind of leadership role at the club, secondly, Mata isn't on the outer at all, if he was he wouldn't even have played the preseason, Mou made it very clear that if he hadn't picked a player when they've been fit they are not part of his plans.

Wishful thinking from opposition supporters that some giant scandal is going to take place.

Basti isn't even in the dressing room.

What would Zlatan do if subbed off after being subbed on assuming he wasn't injured?

He'd go nuts. I suspect Mou wouldn't try that with Zlatan. Sorry but it's a clear sign if disrespect to haul Mata off after bringing him on unless there was an injury we don't know about.

Probably every player in existence wouldn't be happy. No one is saying Mata should be happy with it but Mata defensively isn't great, we had an option for 6 subs and did 5, Mata became a casualty of tactics, if we didn't take the lead it would have likely been Miki for Fellaini.

Probably every player in existence wouldn't be happy. No one is saying Mata should be happy with it but Mata defensively isn't great, we had an option for 6 subs and did 5, Mata became a casualty of tactics, if we didn't take the lead it would have likely been Miki for Fellaini.

It's the community shield ffs, no better time for him to get practice defensively. And it's not like Miki is a huge improvement defensively. Mou was taking the piss.

It's the community shield ffs, no better time for him to get practice defensively. And it's not like Miki is a huge improvement defensively. Mou was taking the piss.

I think you're clutching at some mighty straws and are far too invested in it. Sorry bud, no scandal to see here. :)

Not clutching at anything, , I'd be furious if Klopp brought a player on and off again in a pre season fixture.

Why? It was tactical and it the side still won. Maybe Leicester would have scored again, who knows. Seems a strange thing to get worked up about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5 foot 10 must be the new 6 foot 3, or am I missing something. You don't sub a 178cm player on if you're looking for height, surely?

5 foot 10 must be the new 6 foot 3, or am I missing something. You don't sub a 178cm player on if you're looking for height, surely?

You do if the option is Fellaini off for Miki or Mata. Miki needed game time and needed to come on as well.

We were defending our lead so Fellaini was required more, if we were chasing a goal it would have been Fellaini off for Miki.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if the Schweinsteiger thing is tactical from Mourinho. He's done it previously at other clubs with players supposedly not in his plans. Find it hard to believe he wouldn't give him a chance to show he's more useful than an absolute spud like Fellaini.

You do if the option is Fellaini off for Miki or Mata. Miki needed game time and needed to come on as well.

We were defending our lead so Fellaini was required more, if we were chasing a goal it would have been Fellaini off for Miki.
Miki needed gametime? He was on for about 3 minutes.

I'd wait until at least a few weeks into the season before writing off Mata as a United player. A game where there's 6 subs doesn't mean a lot.

I think there's a role for him. He'd comfortably get plenty of time if Rooney wasn't in the way.

He should be playing instead of Rooney but he signed that 5-year deal when Moyes was here and now wants a new deal and Mou will probably give it to him.

Ibra

Martial Mata Miki

Schneiderlin Pogba

That'd be my preferred front attack,

Back